Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Wanting to buy my first AR15

Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #41
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
For $1000 you can get a Colt 6920 - essentially their "Law Enforcement" edition. Similar to what the Military M4 runs. Usually around $950 online, $1050 in shops. Some Walmarts are also reportedly carrying them.

Good brands?
Colt, Novoske, BCM, LMT.
Middle road brands? (probably still good enough)
Rock River Arms, Stag, Smith & Wesson, PSA (only b/c they're new)
Not so well thought of brands?
DPMS, some of the Bushmaster models (some are OK).

You might be able to go cheap by buying a used upper (the part that goes bang) and a cheap lower, or building one yourself (that's the part w/ the trigger and buttstock).

Go to Ar15.com and m4carbine.net and do some reading. Make sure you read the stickies in the sections you're interested in. Then set aside at least $400 for a case of ammo and 5 mags.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #42
bigbass30 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
bigbass30's Tacoma Gallery
I shot 800 rounds of Tula this past weekend without a single problem. You might want to check your extractor. Although it's not my first choice of ammo but it is cheap for plinking out to 100 yards or so. It is inconsistent sometimes.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #43
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbass30 View Post
I shot 800 rounds of Tula this past weekend without a single problem. You might want to check your extractor. Although it's not my first choice of ammo but it is cheap for plinking out to 100 yards or so. It is inconsistent sometimes.
my extractor is fine. brass extracts flawlessly.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #44
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
I have had problems with tula. I think it is underpower in its loading. I mainly shoot wolf wpa, silver bear, brown bear, anything made at the barnaul plant.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #45
haulin a$$
FireTruckTacoma is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: FF/PM
Name: Nick
FireTruckTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Stagg arms Model 2T $1000 on gunbroker, save the time and headaches and next year deck it out with whatever your heart desires.