Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Anyone running a Surefire G2 or 6P series on a rifle?

View Poll Results: What is your experience with these lights?
Used on a firearm and HAD issues. 0 0%
Used on a firearm with NO issues. 1 50.00%
No experience mounted on a firearm but it should be ok. 1 50.00%
No experience mounted on a firearm and it's a bad idea. 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running a Surefire G2 or 6P series on a rifle?

I was recently told that Surefires (specifically, the G2X and 6PX) are poor choices for a weapon light because there is no spring in the head, so the batteries are in direct contact with the board, making it a potentially unreliable connection under fire.

This is a somewhat rhetorical question, as I myself and a couple guys I shoot with have been using G2Xs on carbines for some time without issues. With that said, I wanted to post this up on a few forums for more info. A poll has been added to collect feedback.

While these are not by any means the most ideal weapon light out there, they are tough and affordable. I've seen dozens of others running the very compact Surefire LED flashlights the guy was speaking of on rifles of all kinds, so there should be a sufficient sampling of users to gauge the legitimacy of that statement between the different forums.

Thanks for your feedback!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see the problem. The bulb itself should have a spring under it to help with the life of the bulb. If or when it does break replace it with an LED bulb.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Forum n00b
sf3pox1 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
sf3pox1's Tacoma Gallery
I run the original Surefire 6P and even a couple of the plastic G2 series lights on a few different rifles. Some have had thousands of rounds through them between classes, range, etc with zero problems. We opted for these over the M500 foreends due to cost mostly.