Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Does your Glock shoot high and left?

Old 07-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Does your Glock shoot high and left?

So I have a Glock 23 and Glock 27, both of which shoot high and left. In order to hit what I want to hit, I usually aim an inch or so down and right.

Is it just bad aiming on my part, or is this how they shoot?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's just you bud, I have a 23 as well and it's pretty spot on.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Ah damn, not what I was hoping to hear. The only thing I can think of is that I am getting some muzzle flip which is causing the gun to jump and shoot high. However, I use a firm grip when shooting, not too light but not a death hold either....
Old 07-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
JPC2061 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: J.P.
JPC2061's Tacoma Gallery
Yea you might wanna look into the rear sight cause unless I aim high and left it doesn't go high and left.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i think it is your grip. i was hitting left..my brother took it from me and was super accurate..my tiny wife that NEVER SHOOTS shot it accurate..brother helped me adjust my grip and things came together.

use the search button over at glock talk..and this topic has been talked about alot. good luck.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #7
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
The rear sight could be positioned wrong.
^^^This. Make sure the top of your sights are lined up when shooting also. Also try some snap caps and make sure your not anticipating the recoil.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
Ah damn, not what I was hoping to hear. The only thing I can think of is that I am getting some muzzle flip which is causing the gun to jump and shoot high. However, I use a firm grip when shooting, not too light but not a death hold either....
Like mentioned it could be your rear sight
Old 07-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.reviewsofthings.com/image..._diagnosis.jpg
Print it out and give it a go. It may be the gun or it may be you. I'm guessing you because Glock aim's all of their guns before leaving the factory so that it can be shot out the box.
Edit: But really the gun could have taken a knock in the wrong spot and moved the sight's out of whack.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Yup.

Getting in "too deep" with the trigger finger will pull high right.
Tightening the grip too much during trigger pull can pull high left.

I shoot low center because I anticipate recoil and push down to counter it.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Yea more likely than not its me, but constantly practice my grip and squeezing the trigger and not anticipating the recoil...Thanks for all the info, ill look into it!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Are you left handed?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
Yea more likely than not its me, but constantly practice my grip and squeezing the trigger and not anticipating the recoil...Thanks for all the info, ill look into it!
Keep us posted
Old 07-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #14
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
Are you left handed?
Nope, right-handed
Old 07-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
tbolt98 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
tbolt98's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you are anticipating your shot and pulling it to me
too! But... do you own and shoot anything besides Glocks? Had you had any formal pistol training? I am and armed guard and have to re-qualify every year... gotten tips from many instructors, some good some bad but it's always worth trying!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #16
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
http://www.reviewsofthings.com/image..._diagnosis.jpg
Print it out and give it a go. It may be the gun or it may be you. I'm guessing you because Glock aim's all of their guns before leaving the factory so that it can be shot out the box.
Edit: But really the gun could have taken a knock in the wrong spot and moved the sight's out of whack.
If the Glock is anything like my H&K,it would take a hard enough impact to do damage before the sights would move.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #17
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbolt98 View Post
Sounds like you are anticipating your shot and pulling it to me
too! But... do you own and shoot anything besides Glocks? Had you had any formal pistol training? I am and armed guard and have to re-qualify every year... gotten tips from many instructors, some good some bad but it's always worth trying!

Yea i own a Sig 229 and have owned numerous others in the recent past. Do you think the shot antipication could be a subconscious thing? Because I make sure that I fully squeeze trigger and not slap the trigger. I am almost certain my grip is correct, but I could be wrong. I use the thumb over thumb technique, bout 60% in my off hand, 40% in my shooting hand give or take.

I've also had my friends watch me as I shoot to make sure I'm not slapping the trigger and they tell me I am not. It's just irritating every time I shoot that it happens that way, ya know.

It'd be nice to point and shoot and what I am aiming at and hit it, as opposed to having to aim low and left.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #18
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with everyone else. Either sights or your grip. I shot high left for a long time, then I got a crimson trace laser grip and I was still high left even though that was impossible. Turned out my grip sucked. Your anticipating the recoil to much
Old 07-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
What's the fix for recoil anticipation then? Changing my grip?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #20
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Have someone load ur mags......have them throw in dummy rounds in a random spot.

If ur flinching, u will flinch when u pull the trigger on the dummy round....that's gunna obvious, due to any movement being isolated to you, and you alone because there will be zero recoil.
This...Wise words.