Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Let's see your .22 RIFLES! Here's my Russian...

Old 01-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #21
fritzthecat will become famous soon enough

Navy:
fritzthecat's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger 10/22 (the std skinny barrel model) Academy Sports U$180
Muzzle Brake for 10/22 Ebay U$12
Well Airsoft P90 from Ebay U$30
Tokyo Marui P90 fake magazine Ebay U$25
Red Dot sight Walmart U$30
5inx12in 1/4 plywood from Hobby Shop U$10
1/8 steel rod from Hobby Shop U$1
Goop Glue HomeDepot U$4

Video on conversion is found on YouTube. Search for 10/22 P90 by taofledermaus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ilwvD-mnE

You need a Dremel Tool with sanding drum and a saw for the plywood.

Fun to shoot. The New Orleans Swat Team had a hoot with it.

Fritz
Old 01-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #22
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Winchester 62A pump that was my grandfathers. He bought the gun when he was in Germany in WW2 and 64 years later it is the most accurate 22 I have ever shot. I also have a Winchester pump which is I believe a 94A model. I don't have pictures because they are both back home in West Texas.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #23
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery

Browning, Take down model
Old 01-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #24
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 01-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #25
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Finally got pics of mine. Marlin .22LR, 17 round tube mag, bipod, sling, and (IIRC) 9x50 Tasco scope.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #26
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my Ruger 10/22
Houge overmold stock
Tactical Solutions Barrel
Bushnell 3-9x40 scope
Tactical Inovations 25 round machined magazine

Old 01-10-2009, 06:29 AM   #27
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
What are all of you guys doing with these set ups? I just use mine for plinking and small game.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #28
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
What are all of you guys doing with these set ups? I just use mine for plinking and small game.
I use mine for plinking. Isn't much good for anything else. If I really need to put a hole in something I use my father in law's .270. (like a 7lb oxygen tank)

I had a target setup 50 yards away from my spot at my parents' house, but don't get out there much to shoot. The scope was nice to zoom in on CD's, the spinning target I have, or whatever else I could find to destroy. Bipod just makes it easier while laying prone, or when my wife uses it since it's the first gun she's ever shot.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #29
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well, I mainly shoot targets. I don't like shooting off a bag, so I added a bipod. But, with the way I built my gun, it is versatile. With the 16" TS barrel, it's a fine weapon to hunt squirrels with after removing the compensator, and due to the TS barrel and the Hogue stock, it weighs next to nothing (compared to stock 10/22), so it's easy to carry. It has a picatinny rail and the scope is mounted on QD rings, so I just remove the scope and replace it with a little red dot on a QD base and it's ready to hunt some tree rats.

But, like I said, it's mainly for lobbing 100 yard shots at paper, which is a whole new challenge for a .22, let me tell ya.

Besides that, it was just something else to build.

Edit: I do my plinking with an AR.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #30
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Here is my Ruger 10/22
Houge overmold stock
Tactical Solutions Barrel
Bushnell 3-9x40 scope
Tactical Inovations 25 round machined magazine

I dig.

Can you please give a review of the TI mag? DId you have to do much adjusting and is it reliable?

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #31
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Finally got pics of mine. Marlin .22LR, 17 round tube mag, bipod, sling, and (IIRC) 9x50 Tasco scope.

nice. How old is it? I ask b/c it looks like it has some ge on it, but it looks to b in excellent condition. The stock is beautiful.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #32
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
nice. How old is it? I ask b/c it looks like it has some ge on it, but it looks to b in excellent condition. The stock is beautiful.

Thanks! Gift from my aunt probably around 10 years ago. She had that and a Ruger and preferred the Ruger. Said this one always jammed on her. Jams once in a while for me, but only once in a great while when one gets caught in the ejection port. And only when I'm doing rapid fire. I get rounds that won't fire more often than it jams.

"GE"? I try to remember to oil the stock and wipe the barrel down while cleaning it after I use it. I make it a point to break it down and clean as much as possible, and since I started doing the I haven't had it jam. Last time was shortly after I got it I think. Well, for me anyway. It jams when other people shoot it. (It's been pretty good to my wife, but it jammed on my grandfather when he shot it last.)
Old 01-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #33

Did anybody see the 10/22 ruger made in 22 MAG? It had a heavy Barrel and used the same type rotary magazine. I have looked for one in local stores but none carry them and now they don't even make them anymore. Yes the ammo is quite a bit more, but that would be one hell of a weapon.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #34
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hush Puppy prior to entry.

Just kidding.

Bill B., you could probably use your suppressed pistol for that.