Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Open Carry

Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #21
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
idk i dont see the point to it. more people in NH open carry just to be assholes and provoke a reaction from cops so they can put it on youtube and motherfuck them with the rest of their "peaceful druggy" friends. i wouldnt open carry, i dont feel paranoid to the level that i think i need to for the sake of a "faster draw time". i would feel just as comfortable having the gun on me, and not making big deal out of it in public, for the most part, i'd feel just as comfortable leaving the gun in my glovebox. there are some fucked up people out there, and there is a gun on the headboard of my bed, where i can easily grab it if someone were to break into my house. there is a larger chance of that happenening than me being involved in some sort of active shooter scenario at a local mall or movie theater. thats just how it is. IMO open carrying is for two reasons. people who WANT to get a reaction out of cops in which case also have a video camera with them, and people who want to intimidate others. to be honest with you all, i dont see a need for it, not where i live at least.
Understandable, But the closest town to where I live was ranked number 7 if I remember correctly for movement of drugs and some of the local Mexican apple workers recently stopped a car with a old woman in it asking for help and pulled a gun on her while they took her purse. Different worlds

Where you live sounds much better

Thats why you never find me in town and always in the mountains to get away from all the Scum
Old 07-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #22
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Understandable, But the closest town to where I live was ranked number 7 if I remember correctly for movement of drugs and some of the local Mexican apple workers recently stopped a car with a old woman in it asking for help and pulled a gun on her while they took her purse. Different worlds

Thats why you never find me in town and always in the mountains to get away from all the Scum
haha we have our shit too man, like everywhere. we had 4 cops get shot a couple months ago, one died (chief maloney), and the other 3 lived. granted that was a drug raid and not a spree shooter in the middle of public but still. idk, maybe its just the conservative in me, i would rather people not know i had a gun, or what i did for work as it is only going to create more problems than it fixes.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #23
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I read that apples make mexicans into psychotic killers.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #24
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha we have our shit too man, like everywhere. we had 4 cops get shot a couple months ago, one died (chief maloney), and the other 3 lived. granted that was a drug raid and not a spree shooter in the middle of public but still. idk, maybe its just the conservative in me, i would rather people not know i had a gun, or what i did for work as it is only going to create more problems than it fixes.
I tend to agree with you about people not knowing that your carrying especially in such a public setting such as Costco or some place like that.

And sorry to hear about the loss to your department, things like that just make my blood boil. My dad was shot at a couple years ago thankfully he wasnt hit but it scared him pretty bad.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #25
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
idk i dont see the point to it. more people in NH open carry just to be assholes and provoke a reaction from cops so they can put it on youtube and motherfuck them with the rest of their "peaceful druggy" friends. i wouldnt open carry, i dont feel paranoid to the level that i think i need to for the sake of a "faster draw time". i would feel just as comfortable having the gun on me, and not making big deal out of it in public, for the most part, i'd feel just as comfortable leaving the gun in my glovebox. there are some fucked up people out there, and there is a gun on the headboard of my bed, where i can easily grab it if someone were to break into my house. there is a larger chance of that happenening than me being involved in some sort of active shooter scenario at a local mall or movie theater. thats just how it is. IMO open carrying is for two reasons. people who WANT to get a reaction out of cops in which case also have a video camera with them, and people who want to intimidate others. to be honest with you all, i dont see a need for it, not where i live at least.
This makes me think you live near Keene I just see all this craziness happening around me and think "what if it was me...I would be so vulnerable", so ideally a CCW is my final goal, but until then..... My dad is a Texas resident (for tax reasons) but he does'nt want to drive back to TX just to get his CCW, so he wanted to open carry when he is going to town or mass populated areas until he goes back to TX to renew his license and stuff, which I think is a good use of open carry for the time being.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #26
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippen View Post
This makes me think you live near Keene I just see all this craziness happening around me and think "what if it was me...I would be so vulnerable", so ideally a CCW is my final goal, but until then..... My dad is a Texas resident (for tax reasons) but he does'nt want to drive back to TX just to get his CCW, so he wanted to open carry when he is going to town or mass populated areas until he goes back to TX to renew his license and stuff, which I think is a good use of open carry for the time being.
Time for you join the NRA, and support your right to bear arms.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #27
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
Time for you join the NRA, and support your right to bear arms.

yeah but even better is the Second Amendment Foundation www.SAF.org

Alan Gura is systematically dismantling gun laws across the country..he won DC v Heller then had the 2nd Amendment applied to the states thru the McDonald v Chicago decision
Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #28
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
I open carry in Virginia. I have a WA and GA concealed carry permit but haven't gotten around to gettin my one for VA. I dress nicely when I open carry and am obviously military... Never had any problems.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #29
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I tend to agree with you about people not knowing that your carrying especially in such a public setting such as Costco or some place like that.

And sorry to hear about the loss to your department, things like that just make my blood boil. My dad was shot at a couple years ago thankfully he wasnt hit but it scared him pretty bad.
it wasnt my department, it was out on the seacoast and was the drug task force so the guys were from a couple different places. it is scary, and shit like that is not called for. in NH our largest city is Manchester, with 250 cops. you go to the next state, MA, and boston pd has 2800 cops. so NH is relatively small, too far north for alot of mexicans (although we do have some!) and i just dont see THAT huge of a threat, although shit tends to happen in small towns.

Quote:
I'm about an hour out of Keene, but have to hear all the free keene people and copblockers all the time give them trouble, and thats a big reason why open carrying becomes a problem. those people dont realize that if everyone did what they were supposed to do with guns and when open carrying, there would be no public alarm when you did it. they dont realize that cops have a duty to follow up on complaints we get, and when someone open carrys, at least in NH, we get 100 different calls about it, and partially because of all the fucked up shit that happens. im not against bearing arms, but when i think of someone open carrying i think of copblock.org, and all those assholes who do it to provoke or intimidate people, not for the right reasons. if youre going to open carry as a cop you might as well wear your badge too, becuase you dont take your gun anywhere without your badge, and you dont take your badge anywhere without your gun. just one of those things better left kept to yourself.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #30
My progeny will be awesome!
ChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
ChewbacaTW's Tacoma Gallery
At the risk of addressing the OP's questions. I open carry my full size kimber custom 2 in a galco shoulder rig on occation. Never had a problem with LE's. Other people definately treat you differently though. When I open carry I HAVE to have my head on a swivel and make sure that neither I, nor anyone around me does anything stupid.

It's an entirely different experience. Comparing open carry to concealed carry is like comparing apples to oranges. Let the situation dictate how you carry. Don't limit yourself to one way if you don't have to.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #31
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
open carry I think is safer for all parties...........even the bad guys.

If a potential robber sees a man and his wife walking down the street unarmed, doesnt that sound like an easy mark?

now, put a weapon on the same guys hip (not concealed) who is walking with his wife..........I think the baddy would carry on.
Until a robber comes up from behind you and takes your gun out of your holster.

Edit: I was late to this party.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #32
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopens48 View Post
Reverse the situation though. You're standing in line at 7-11 or wherever, bad guy comes in to look over the place. He's smart enough to look over who's in the store before robbing it and see's you with a weapon on your hip. You've now become target #1, and have completely given him the upper hand and element of surprise.
Too many variables, like the thug/robber getting scared because he wants to pray on people who can't fight back and running away, him getting second thoughts and turning to the other way, or maybe he doesn't even notice you because he is tunnel visioned?

Yeah he might notice, he might not. I open carry and conceal, it's amazing how many people DON'T notice.

Saying you have become the #1 target is not a fact, it could happen yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopens48 View Post
It's possible, but its also possible he see's the easy target, and pops you in the back of the head. If you're carrying concealed and he tries to rob the place, chances are he isn't even thinking about you, just the quick cash, giving you the element of surprise. If you're open carrying, he waits and robs the place after you leave, which is great for you, but shitty for everyone else. If you're concealed, maybe you're able to intervene.

It's really just a difference of opinions. I respect yours, and am not trying to change it. Personally, while off duty, I am of the mind that the less people that know i'm armed, the better.
^ Above post

Also I believe it's on where you live because gang bangers are getting more ballsy.

I do have to say, the whole element of surprise you can still have it. Just because your OC'ing doesn't mean everyone notices that you have it. Even concealing you can tell people are carrying sometimes, harder though I agree.

Quote:
and this will get locked too..

why do you need to open carry? whats the point? to be a pain in the ass and make everyone nervous or to intimidate people? it doesnt look good so that cant be the reason, and there are plenty of ways to CCW. IMO open carrying is stupid, and the only people who do it are trying to get a reaction out of said law enforcement or public.
Why so negative?

Why open carry? Crime deterrent, to educate other people, you don't have a CCDW/CCW, among other reasons.

Why should people be afraid of guns?

So your judging everyone who OC's?

What about Amish people who refuse to get a CCDW/CCW but carry to protect their family?

Quote:

Sooo, good way to profile everyone who OC's? Just because some people do that doesn't mean everyone is that way.

I could talk trash about some police officers who are over run with power and corrupt, however I know not all officers are like that so I don't judge them all by one single person...

For sake of draw time, only shaves off under a second.

I still go with my above answers, not slamming you at all just would like to understand or help change your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post

Edit: I was late to this party.

Haha, I hope people who carry train and make sure that no one can just walk up and take there gun....
Old 07-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #33
My progeny will be awesome!
ChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
ChewbacaTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
If some dickhead was dumb enough to get in my personal space without a weapon of his own, it would be the last thing he did before waking up in the hospital.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Example here, they happened to be cops but it very easily could have been a citizen that was carrying and was able to stop this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA7WJ...eature=related
The first 2 guys are BAMFS. They still had their beer in hand.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #35
AZ it is a "dry heat"
supriseaztacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
supriseaztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I personally have no problem with people who open carry.. AZ has great gun laws, but I got sick people who are scared of guns crapping their pants when the saw the scary guy with a gun.. So I have a deep tuck holster for all of my hand guns now..
Old 07-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #36
Banned
SlamFire is a splendid one to beholdSlamFire is a splendid one to beholdSlamFire is a splendid one to beholdSlamFire is a splendid one to beholdSlamFire is a splendid one to beholdSlamFire is a splendid one to behold

SlamFire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and this will get locked too..

why do you need to open carry? whats the point? to be a pain in the ass and make everyone nervous or to intimidate people? it doesnt look good so that cant be the reason, and there are plenty of ways to CCW. IMO open carrying is stupid, and the only people who do it are trying to get a reaction out of said law enforcement or public.
I could not possibly agree more.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #37
superfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superfair92's Tacoma Gallery
conceal is your polite low key friend. open carry is your loud attention seeking friend.

OC = hey yall look at me!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #38
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Wish Fla was open carry ,,, I like talking to every Cop I see..Down here the law failed ..but now The police can only tell you to cover it if you get out of the taco and your shirt is pulled over it,,, And you no longer have to have it where it it is hard to see ..Oh whats that on your hip under the tight t- shirt... Ill take it till I can open carry.. So the police have to put down the donut and check me...BFD,, Its your job!!!! Jim
Old 07-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #39
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so I found a few reasons on why people might open carry as opposed to CCW.

#1-If you have a mental illness of any kind what so ever you cannot have a CCW in many states (some states pile different types of mental illnesses all together in one category).

#2-Some states you apply for a CCW and they ask if you use any illegal drugs (federal law states Marijuana is illegal), and you have a Medical Marijuana Patient Card you would be lying on your application which is against the law.

So I'm thinking you can get your CCW first then get your MMPC afterwards and hope they don't cross check it ever. If my state had Medical Marijuana laws I would have my MMPC ASAP, so I guess I'll be trying for a CCW somewhat soon
Old 07-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #40
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
#1-If you have a mental illness of any kind what so ever you cannot have a CCW in many states (some states pile different types of mental illnesses all together in one category).
Generally, any mental illness that will prohibit CCW will also prohibit one from owning a firearm in the first place.

Quote:
So I'm thinking you can get your CCW first then get your MMPC afterwards and hope they don't cross check it ever. If my state had Medical Marijuana laws I would have my MMPC ASAP, so I guess I'll be trying for a CCW somewhat soon
They may not cross-check (too many licensees to do that), but they will nail you on renewal. Different states have different renewal periods. I believe California is a 2 year renewal for private citizens, 3 year for judicial.