Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

7mm mag Thomspon Center Venture Vs. Tikka T3 Lite

Old 07-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
7mm mag Thomspon Center Venture Vs. Tikka T3 Lite

Pondering getting a new rifle for all around. Decided on 7mm mag for versatility and price of ammo. Then i narrowed my choices down to T/C and Tikka. I know theres alot better rifles but as you can see I would be on a budget. Drop some knowledge on me.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Hubs is on a distinguished road
Hubs's Tacoma Gallery
Hard to say, both are nice and well-made rifles. I would go for the Thompson.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
I have no experience with the tc, but have a tikka t3 lite in 300 wsm. Thing is a tack driver, and very smooth bolt out the box. Ypu wouldnt regret it at all. Have a 7mm vanguard and love the caliber.

If that tc is the one you can buy different calibers/barrels for though, might be a better option in the long run.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
Outsider is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Honorabally Discharged Staff Sergent
Name: Nick
Outsider's Tacoma Gallery
Both are excellent choices...WIth the Tikka you get the added benefit of having 4 shots pretty quick, with the TC you only have one...and a moderately fast reloading time....but the TC is super Accurate, lightweight, and just plain cool....You won't go wrong either way.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Tc is single shot? Well I guess it only takes one shot. I think as far as accuracy both are accurate. Tikka guarntees moa and tc claims moa. Or maybe it the other way around. I wish I could fire both see which mechanism and trigger I like better. Any advice on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
Both are excellent choices...WIth the Tikka you get the added benefit of having 4 shots pretty quick, with the TC you only have one...and a moderately fast reloading time....but the TC is super Accurate, lightweight, and just plain cool....You won't go wrong either way.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
Outsider is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Honorabally Discharged Staff Sergent
Name: Nick
Outsider's Tacoma Gallery
TC Encore is single shot...they do have bolt actions too...i just read TC and thought single shot....
Old 08-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
2011 TRD Sport 4x4
Junebug55210 will become famous soon enoughJunebug55210 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kyle
Junebug55210's Tacoma Gallery
I would say go with the TIkka. I own one and absolutly love it. At a hundred yards I'm holding about a .5in group with my 7mag. It has a lifetime warranty and Tikka is actually a sister company of Sako.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure of those 2 brands but I use a weatherby 7mm mag, bought from a pawn shop fairly cheap, needed to be greased up and once that was done I haven;t had any issues with it, on my 4th year of ownership and roughly 4-500 rounds of ammo through it.