Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Finished My Pistol Case

Old 07-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
alexretama is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
alexretama's Tacoma Gallery
Finished My Pistol Case

This is how I've been keeping sane these past few weeks, not working and all..
It's made of red oak and walnut, stained with Minwax Red Mohogany coated in 4 coats of Amber Shellac and 2 coats of Clear Shellac..... And I don't know why but the stain looks really uneaven in the pictures. Looks great in person though I'm super happy with the way it came out!

Also, based off another design so dont be surprized if you see another just like it elsewhere.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
nice work! looks very sturdy, ..eagle medallion is a nice touch..
Old 07-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome! I was expecting a gold plated 1911 by the looks of that box! good job
Old 07-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyDeltaTango View Post
looks awesome! I was expecting a gold plated 1911 by the looks of that box! good job
one day hopefully... but for now my Beretta is what I can afford.. great firearm though!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #6
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
That is an awesome case. I wanted to make one like this to give my dad sometime. I like woodworking but I'm not super experienced in it.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
That is an awesome case. I wanted to make one like this to give my dad sometime. I like woodworking but I'm not super experienced in it.
Thanks man 75% of making things like this is about the tools you have access to. If you have a good table saw, router, and mitre saw it makes aaaalllllll the difference