Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Gun Forums?

Old 07-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Gun Forums?

I was wondering if some of you guys would have a good recomendation on some good gun forums. Hopefully one that is welcoming to novices like myself.

Im hoping to join and learn some new things and also look for good deals on used firearms when up for sale. Right now Im looking at trying to get info on the trade in value of my GFs sr22 and whether or not maybe someone woould be interested in trading it for a 380 or 9mm for concealed carry. She wants to start carrying now that she is comfortable with shooting but the 22 isnt gonna cut it. Money is tight so trading it in or trading privately is my best bet. I also want to look into gettting a better/lighter gun for myself as I also will start carrying alot more soon.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.thehighroad.org/

This is the one I have joined i have not participated much on it to know how the people are, but after being on this forum I dont think I will ever enjoy another forum. Good luck!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post
I was wondering if some of you guys would have a good recomendation on some good gun forums. Hopefully one that is welcoming to novices like myself.

Im hoping to join and learn some new things and also look for good deals on used firearms when up for sale. Right now Im looking at trying to get info on the trade in value of my GFs sr22 and whether or not maybe someone woould be interested in trading it for a 380 or 9mm for concealed carry. She wants to start carrying now that she is comfortable with shooting but the 22 isnt gonna cut it. Money is tight so trading it in or trading privately is my best bet. I also want to look into gettting a better/lighter gun for myself as I also will start carrying alot more soon.

Thanks for the help guys.
is there a local grassroots forum for CT gunowners?... i'd try there for a more local abmbiance, ...ar15.com is a large forum w/ lots of subforums for everything under the sun, including "hometown" forums for each state, and even vendor forums which is handy to ask questions about products... they do have a equipment exchange area, though i haven't used it..
Old 07-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cool thanks....i will check out both of those. Since I am fairly new (2yrs of having permit) I have not really gone to too many places to hear or be around and local grassroot clubs. I like the comfort of internet forums to learn things and contribute. I'll prob lurk more as I dont really want to become too involved in guns as I cant afford them.....and the more I clean my 1911 the more I realize what a PITA it is.....and its only like 5 parts.

I mainly just want a forum or two.....like this one(best ive ever been on.....even a little better than my old gsxr site which was close to my heart) that I can learn a little about my guns and maybe get some good prices on ammo and new firearms should I want to acquire one. And possibly meet up with locals should I come across them. Im still looking forward to getting my truck lifted to I can tag along on a wheeling trip with members here someday.

Again.....thanks for the quick replies and suggestions.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sr5trd View Post
http://www.thehighroad.org/
but after being on this forum I dont think I will ever enjoy another forum
Oh man, do we suck that bad?

Old 07-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cool thanks....i will check out both of those. Since I am fairly new (2yrs of having permit) I have not really gone to too many places to hear or be around and local grassroot clubs. I like the comfort of internet forums to learn things and contribute. I'll prob lurk more as I dont really want to become too involved in guns as I cant afford them.....and the more I clean my 1911 the more I realize what a PITA it is.....and its only like 5 parts.

I mainly just want a forum or two.....like this one(best ive ever been on.....even a little better than my old gsxr site which was close to my heart) that I can learn a little about my guns and maybe get some good prices on ammo and new firearms should I want to acquire one. And possibly meet up with locals should I come across them. Im still looking forward to getting my truck lifted to I can tag along on a wheeling trip with members here someday.

Again.....thanks for the quick replies and suggestions.
grassroots forums are great IMO (for instance in OH, we have several, buckeyefirearms, ohioans for concealed carry, ohio rifle and pistol assoc, etc..) - there should be a rifle and pistol assoc. in CT or new england area i would think... also, this gun/hunting forum here on TW is a good forum too, so feel free to ask about stuff here too

...oh, and don't worry, you'll figure out a way to foot the bill for your gun "habit"
Old 07-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryS View Post
For we New Englanders, the best I've found is the Northeast Shooters Forum at www.northeastshooters.com. Great general info, legal info and classifieds.
great info thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #9
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
www.graybeardoutdoors.com is pretty good I like it. And www.nitroexpress.com if u like big bore rifles
Old 07-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #10
2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough

2004tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
http://ar15.com
Old 07-30-2012, 01:55 AM   #11
jscottl is on a distinguished road
jscottl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
.and the more I clean my 1911 the more I realize what a PITA it is.....and its only like 5 parts.
http://forums.1911forum.com/

All you need if you own a 1911.