Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

we talk about this yet? USMC going back to 1911.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
we talk about this yet? USMC going back to 1911.

man, that was an awesome government contract to land!! i love the updated look!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/28...liber-pistols/
Old 08-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Name: Mark
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
I absolutely HATED the Berreta 9mms when we transitioned from the 1911A1s in the 80's. Nice to see the switch back.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
The way it ought to be!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
jscottl is on a distinguished road
jscottl's Tacoma Gallery
MEU/SOC has been using the 1911 all along.It's a very popular style to replicate on the 1911 forum.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I wonder what happened to all of the old 1911s after the switch to the M9's
A lot of them went to the Marines and were rebuilt as pictured above. IIRC, they were also sold though the CMP for some time.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
A lot of them went to the Marines and were rebuilt as pictured above. IIRC, they were also sold though the CMP for some time.
there must have been a fuck ton of them left...

the CMP is still giving M1's out

I'd love an older 1911 to go with my M1. Thinking about who the hell might have carried it makes it that much more interesting
Old 08-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Common sense, only drawback is mag capacity.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #12

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I assume many made their way to other (probably 3rd world) countries, like you see with a lot of M1s and M14s.

And others

Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
What a shame...
Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #14
jscottl is on a distinguished road
jscottl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I wonder what happened to all of the old 1911s after the switch to the M9's
Probably scraped out.The answer to your question could be found on the USGI section of the 1911forum.com.

The MEU/SOC were built using old and new parts.I've seen pics of one with a Springfield Pro slide.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Name: Mark
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
This is mine - early '44 Remington Rand. Still shoots like a champ.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #16
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I just hope Colt's quality is still OK nowadays...
Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
mrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Single Anchor Single-Seat Master Race
mrw3685's Tacoma Gallery
You'd be surprised. A lot of the old 1911's the Marine Corps has are refurbished/remanufactured old as hell original models. We're buying these because we've physically ran out of old frames. I know what we originally tested was a Colt rail gun frame, Springfield "Operator" upper slide, with "I forget" internals. Spent 9 hours shooting repeatedly from the 25 yard line.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #18
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see the m9's going. I shot one on a regular basis and when the XD's came out 7 or 8 years ago I never picked one up again. They were heavy, complicated, and inaccurate or at least the one I had was.

I never shot a 1911, but someday I will get the chance.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i like 1911's but, i'm of the mind that some of the modern guns are much better suited to combat. higher capacity/reliability/price/options/ambi-controls the list just goes on & on.

i love 1911's but, it confuses me why they chose this platform for a .45 auto it leaves me scratching my head :/

this is of course just my opinion, i think the .45 is a better caliber for a combat side arm i just think there are better choices of platforms.

edit: the fn.45 tactical comes to mind it literally checks every box and then some that would have been my choice for a combat sidearm
Old 08-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #20
JustMe is on a distinguished road
JustMe's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=aficianado;5473298]man, that was an awesome government contract to land!! i love the updated look!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/28...ls/[/QUOTE]

The new 1911 are for MARSOC only, the rest of the USMC will still use the M9.