LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

need side piece and something for those "longer" shots

Old 01-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
need side piece and something for those "longer" shots

as the gov't has given me a small bonus for my work, they also gave me a lil bit of time off. so i figured i would invest in my work so im looking a new rifles and pistols, the more unique and crazier the better. thanks guys!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Special Ops Combat Controller
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to KraQr
the new RUGER 380 lcp is a small cool little concealed carry weapon. It fits in your shirt pocket actually. They have been damn near impossible to find around here though.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
i was actually thinking of more along the lines of a big boy gun like a .50 cal
Old 01-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Special Ops Combat Controller
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to KraQr
Bonus must have been larger than I assumed then. "Side piece" could range from a paintball gun to a bazooka. I know a pawn shop where there is a 50 cal we could mount on a torrent in the bed of your truck. That and a good spot light you could take down a whole field of deer at once.

not that i would ever do anything like that.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
There is a relatively new sniper rifle out that has a handheld integrated computer system. I can't seem to remember the name or company that manufactures it. It is a "wildcat" caliber also. Something like a .408 or something. It was on an episode of future weapons(?) I think.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
lol, i think im alright with the 50 cal mounted on the truck. if youve ever shot one of those barretts you wouldnt want to again
Old 01-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #9
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I have been eyeing a 1911 in .45. I have a compact 9mm but want a full size handgun.

How about something from H&K? MP5? UMP?

Or if you want a pistol with the reach of a rifle look into the FN Five-Seven. 5.7x28mm, 20 round clip. Its like an M4 but fits in your hand.

For a rifle with some reach take a look at something in .338 Lapua. Good to 1500 yards.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:14 AM   #11
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I just keep a revolver or Glock as my side arm when out using the rifle. For my medium to medium long range work (to 700 yards), I use my .308 with 175 grain BTHP Match bullet. Standard 168 gr. Sierra Match Kings destabilize and go subsonic at those ranges.

The Cheytac looks good for very long ranges 2000 meters. But lots of $$$.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
Magpul Masada would be my first choice.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #14
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Surgeon action, Kreiger barrel, .308, Nightforce scope.
Attached Thumbnails
need side piece and something for those "longer" shots-img_0253.jpg  
Old 01-13-2009, 06:01 AM   #15
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Too bulky.

Now this is a rifle...

But with the option to switch from .223 to .308 in less than 20 seconds the Masada is versitile.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #16
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilted1117 View Post
But with the option to switch from .223 to .308 in less than 20 seconds the Masada is versitile.
Bah! .308 is for the amateurs!.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #17
I smell corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Bah! .308 is for the amateurs!.
Well, technically speaking, I am an amateur. Wait, how many guns do you need to own to be a profesional? Ok, based on availability then, my next choice would be an ArmaLite AR-50. I get all turtleheaded when I think about owning one!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #18
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilted1117 View Post
Well, technically speaking, I am an amateur. Wait, how many guns do you need to own to be a profesional? Ok, based on availability then, my next choice would be an ArmaLite AR-50. I get all turtleheaded when I think about owning one!
I'm joking; the .308 is a great round but I kind of prefer 30.06 but they don't make an AR for it...