Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Optics

Old 08-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Optics

Basically looking at some Affordable sights for my AR, dont want to break the bank to much, would rather spend that cash on ammo.

I'm looking at the Bushnell Acog style optics and the Primary arms Gen 2 AA

Anyone got any experience with either one? also how is the Co Witness on the Gen 2 can it be set-up with absolute co-witnessing?
Old 08-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm assuming you are only looking at red dots and not magnified optics? I have three Primary Arms models, and they hold up well for what they are. The PA M4 clone perfectly co-witnessed on my A3 upper in the standard mount that came with it. That said, Vortex is the best bang for the buck there is in my opinion, and you can use any Aimpoint mount for a perfect co-witness with the Strikefire. Vortex stands behind their products better than Primary Arms I think. Not that Marshall isn't a good guy, but if you've had the optic for a while he won't replace it at no charge usually. The Bushnell is heavier than hell for a red dot so I never bought one to try... It's heavier than some magnified optics of similar size so I never got the appeal of them. I'm not huge on budget optics in the first place so if it doesn't look or feel good right out of the box I won't even try it. But I digress.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got a buddy with a PA micro dot and it seemed good to go. Very fine dot. looks good. and very compact, light weight.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
You would need a separate riser mount to run the Micro Dot on an AR unless they've added the option to include one since I bought my PA-07 a couple years ago.
you are correct. My buddy had a A2 upper reciever so he just mounted it on the carry handle.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
I have the PA micro dot with the American Defense Aimpoint Mount and for the money it has been great.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #8
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
update, ended up getting a Primary Arms m3 clone. Its a pretty decent red dot, well made.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
well if your looking to run a red dot the vortex strike fire and sparc a good options. i had a strikefire on my AR and it was awesome held zero.

i have another friend who runs a sparc and loves it.

i now have an eotech now but is a bit more expensive that the vortex.

another good option is the aimpoint pro
Old 08-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #10
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
lol opps too late
Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
update, ended up getting a Primary Arms m3 clone. Its a pretty decent red dot, well made.
I like the PA.

I put it on my AR22, but it seems like a solid unit.

Got a cheapo Simmons riflescope on the 20" 5.56. It's cheap and perhaps the focus could be clearer, but it does the job and holds zero.