Army: PFC, Discharged 12/2005
Corralitos4x4's Tacoma Gallery
New gun, need help any input?

Hello out there, I've narrowed it down to, two different pistols

CZ-P01 http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=28

S&M-Allied Forces- http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...13&isFirearm=Y

cut and past the link it works.

I have fired both and they group the same down range, at 10yd, and 25yd,

just wanted a little input if anyones got either of these, to weigh the decision.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
CZ is good.

But why these two. There are the Springfield XD;s, SW M&P, and good old Glock.

They are all proven and used a lot in IDPA because they are reliable and cheap.

The main thing is there is aftermarket for them.

Unlike the CZ
Old 01-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
The second link won't work right now b/c the site is down, so I don't know what your other option is (I'm guessing an M&P?) but one thing to consider is the added weight of the CZ due to the alloy frame. It would be an issue if you plan to carry it.

Have you looked at HK's?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, that Berretta is a classic, good looking piece, so is the CZ ....1911-ish.
But I agree that it boils down to fit and function.
Unload 'em, put 'em on safe.
Now in the dark (eyes closed) which one can you fire quicker ?
How about reloading in the dark ?
That's the criteria I would use for a self-defense piece. Plus a track record of excellent reliability.

This may be the S&W from post #1 :
https://club1852.smith-wesson.com/we...egory_rn=15702
Old 01-11-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
Buzzard?
Corralitos4x4 is on a distinguished road

from a couple of different post,

i have a glock 22, and thought about another but jut feels like a toy, its what i have felt with all glocks,

and the Beretta, is a beauty, fires nice, world tested, but cant stuff that baby in my pants..haha well onceal and carry
Old 01-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #7
Buzzard?

[QUOTE=jflan;323211]Yeah, that Berretta is a classic, good looking piece, so is the CZ ....1911-ish.
But I agree that it boils down to fit and function.
Unload 'em, put 'em on safe.
Now in the dark (eyes closed) which one can you fire quicker ?
How about reloading in the dark ?
That's the criteria I would use for a self-defense piece. Plus a track record of excellent reliability.

s&w no safety, point and shoot, but a small slide release
cz-big safty and slide release
have not reloaded in the dark though.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:16 AM   #8
PaulVthe3 will become famous soon enoughPaulVthe3 will become famous soon enough

PaulVthe3's Tacoma Gallery
Between the two I would choose the CZ. Proven pistol, reliable,accurate, and Ive actually owned a 75 and loved it.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
Buzzard?

thanks guys for all the input

I put 250 rnds through both yesterday so after 500 rnds the cz was it.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you go buy a gun that will allow you to put 250 rounds through it prior to purchase? Maybe its just where I live but they hardly let you touch it much less let you actually fire it.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #11
Buzzard?

they had the cz for rent. so it already had a couple of hundred rnd throuh it already, so woth only 1 ftf it was the beter of the two

cost is around $600
Old 01-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #12
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGEZR View Post
Where do you go buy a gun that will allow you to put 250 rounds through it prior to purchase? Maybe its just where I live but they hardly let you touch it much less let you actually fire it.
They have a designated counter at the indoor range I frequent, that is full of nothing but guns for rent. All the major makes and models...there are probably 40 guns in there. It costs $5 per hour to shoot one, you pay for the ammo. But, you can drop $25 and shoot one all day if you want (provided you have that much ammo). I've spent a couple of $20 days in there with their MK 23.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
They have a designated counter at the indoor range I frequent, that is full of nothing but guns for rent. All the major makes and models...there are probably 40 guns in there. It costs $5 per hour to shoot one, you pay for the ammo. But, you can drop $25 and shoot one all day if you want (provided you have that much ammo). I've spent a couple of $20 days in there with their MK 23.
thats how our shitty indoor range is (except i dont know prices)

they have a huge rack of guns for "rent"
Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #15
SUPMO72 is on a distinguished road

SUPMO72's Tacoma Gallery
I think you need to open up your options. If money is a issue, I would wait and save for a better firearm..
Old 01-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #16
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
i'm a huge fan of Springfield XD. I have a 9mm that is a tack driver and it's a duty gun! I sold my Browning Highpower after I bought the XD, I never took it out of the safe. Go to your local range and try them all, reviews are not always the best way to shop for a hand gun. The silver hard coat is the High power, the drab/black is my XD, the red dot scoped revolver is a S&W 686 357.Attachment 20999

Attachment 21000
Old 01-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #17
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
Funny, the OP says that he's narrowed it down to two guns,A and B, and then a bunch of guys jump in and recommend C, D, E, F, and X!! Typical gun dudes, everyone is an expert on what is "best" and it is, almost invariably, one that they just happen to own or like out of about 300 different available guns, and not a one of 'em asked what the OP's intended usage was going to be. Bullseye/IPSC/IDPA/Bowling Pin or Steel Challenge competition? LEO duty carry? CCW carry? Nightstand gun? Camping/backpacking? Hunting? Informal plinking?
Old 02-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #18
Buzzard?

ok its been a while, no cz, no s&w, i put in a order for a xd-9 4". after a buddy said he really liked his and had not had a ftf or fte with over 2000 rnds I shot it 2 or three times and it was great for smaller hands, and so now I have to wait 2 weeks for it to come in, ill post pics when it gets here. well 2 weeks and 10 days(california) thanks everyone for the advice
Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #19
6shooter has a spectacular aura about6shooter has a spectacular aura about
6shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
Funny, the OP says that he's narrowed it down to two guns,A and B, and then a bunch of guys jump in and recommend C, D, E, F, and X!! Typical gun dudes, everyone is an expert on what is "best" and it is, almost invariably, one that they just happen to own or like out of about 300 different available guns, and not a one of 'em asked what the OP's intended usage was going to be. Bullseye/IPSC/IDPA/Bowling Pin or Steel Challenge competition? LEO duty carry? CCW carry? Nightstand gun? Camping/backpacking? Hunting? Informal plinking?
i agree BUT, for that price range, the best all around gun is glock.