Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

My deer season

Old 01-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
My deer season

Well my deer season has come to an end. I didn't take anything this year but my brothers and mom did.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like your mom beat out one of your brothers, but that third pic is a beaut. Better luck next year! The one you missed this year will be 20 lbs. heavier next year.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Looks like your mom beat out one of your brothers, but that third pic is a beaut. Better luck next year! The one you missed this year will be 20 lbs. heavier next year.
The one I missed put all these to shame. I was walking a interior fenceline when I saw a buck step out about 10 feet in front of me. He paused for just a split second and bolted into the brush. Only time I had seen him.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What part of the country are you from? Those all look bigger than the ones I see in New England.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #5
Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
What part of the country are you from? Those all look bigger than the ones I see in New England.
Guess I should have put that. These are Southwest Texas deer.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:23 AM   #6
four forty four

Someone posted pictures on here the other day of Texas largemouth bass. They were bigger than what we get up here to. I hope to take a vacation in Texas someday, looks like nice country.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
good shooting from your mom and brothers!! you'll get one next year. my season was crappy too....just one single little doe!! and i really wanted more meat for the freezer!
Old 01-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats to the family for the awesome trophies, and congrats to you for being a truely topnotch sportsman for proudly displaying other hunters' successful harvests! I hope you are rewarded next year with the grandaddy of them all!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #10
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
I did not kill either for the fist year ever it happens!!! thats why they call it hunting! better luck next year!!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #11
Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
I did not kill either for the fist year ever it happens!!! thats why they call it hunting! better luck next year!!
You know whats funny, I saw every one of these bucks before my family did. I just like to let the young ones walk, wish the family could too.

Josh
Old 01-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #12
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanspawn View Post
You know whats funny, I saw every one of these bucks before my family did. I just like to let the young ones walk, wish the family could too.

Josh
yes! i saw probly 10 bucks in range but let them go cas next year they will be nice!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #13
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
dont feel bad..my season ended on the 9th, and the only 2 deer i saw all year was on jan 1st..I shot a doe, but im not complaining. I just wish i could see more deer during the year. But congrats to your mom and brothers! nice deer.

They gettin the heads mounted?
Old 01-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #14
Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post

They gettin the heads mounted?
We have a standing tradition on our place, we wont mount anything unless they tie or are bigger than my grandmothers and grandfathers bucks.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #16
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice bucks by grandma and grandpa....I think it will be awesome to pass down my wallhangers to the next generations...
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
the ones I have on the way, they just have a story behind them.
This is part of the key to a wallhanger. My favorite trophy to this day was a small turkey I took with my 5 year old son.(wonderfull memory) The thrill of the hunt, and the story behind it, is sometimes what makes it a true trophy.(of course lots of horns and big beards are nice too)