LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Is there wiggle room/negotiation on sticker price??

Old 08-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Is there wiggle room/negotiation on sticker price??

I'm just wondering if there is wiggle room on sticker price on a firearm at a large chain store such as Cabella's, Bass Pro, Turners... etc.

I assume there is some negotiation on price at smaller firearm stores that only have 2-5 stores in their chain.

If so, how much...? Like, a Glock 19 has a sticker around $550. Can I get it under $500, or do I have to go back an forth between stores having them beat each other's price until one says they can't go that low...
Old 08-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i've never tried it, but i have doubts they would at a large chain... we'll see if someone else chimes in, ...maybe i'm wrong here... one other thing to do is look for coupons/sales for the chain stores and local gunshops in your area, that might help you make a decision...
Old 08-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Believe it or not there is wiggle room on prices everywhere.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
not usually at big stores like Cabelas/bass pro/ academy because they will get their sales..even without yours.

Mom and pop stores will usualy come off price a little bit but Ive never had them take off more than $10-$15.

Keep an eye out for manufacturer coupons as mentioned above. They will run mail in rebate sales from time to time or promational packages. You can get the XD "essentials" package that comes with the gun and 2 mags for $400. if its not in the essentials package its around $450.
Budsgunshop.com has pretty good prices as long as you can get a local FFL to do a transfer for $20 or less, any more than that and its not really worth it.

If there is something that you had in mind you could check with some pawn shops. Talk with them and let them know what you want and ask if they could keep an eye out and let you know if they get one in. Police trade ins are usualy good to go for Glocks.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...m-3-black.html
Old 08-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Go to the gun show, bought a brand new glock 19 for $400, came with 2 clips, cleaning utensils, carrying case and a box of ammo. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Go to the gun show, bought a brand new glock 19 for $400, came with 2 clips, cleaning utensils, carrying case and a box of ammo. Good luck.
mags.

at the gun shows up here all the prices are marked up and its the same shitty vendors every time
Old 08-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #7

glock 19 for $499

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...mm-pi9502.html
Old 08-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
My local "mom and pop" shop knocked $40 off the glock 27 i bought..it can be done.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
mags.

at the gun shows up here all the prices are marked up and its the same shitty vendors every time
oops somewhat the same down here in Houston but there's 2 different gun shows, I take a guys price to the other one & have him beat it, kind of like buying a car.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #10
golfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nice

golfpro510's Tacoma Gallery
I got a two tone sig p250 for 249 brand new. Said he couldn't get rid of it so I bought it.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
right???

I've quit buying new guns altogether

Somewhere, there is ALWAYS someone selling the gun you want for whatever reason

meet at a range to test fire...purchase as allowed by law

I cant even recall the last time i bought a NEW gun

www.armslist.com
Old 08-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Also, I've bought roughly 6 guns this year...not a single one was new...and I saved quite a hunk of change doing it that way
Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
right???

www.armslist.com

Good advice

The only time I go to the gun shows here anymore is if I want to sell one. and Ive been able to sell every time and get what Im asking. 2 out of the 3 were actualy vendors buying the gun off of me for their personal use...haha
Old 08-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #14
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
right???

www.armslist.com
So happy I found this site. Just listed my P30 on there Sunday.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #16
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
As said, there is the option of price negotiation on most firearm purchases. If you address the topic correctly, know your stuff and offer a realistic price, you should get the nod. For instance, I recently bought a used Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 Mag at Cabelas. Great condition, excellent bluing, with scope mount and rings, listed for $425. I asked to speak with supervisor in the gun library and offered $375. Without hesitation he agreed. So that tells me the mark-up was already plenty high. Places like this make money by moving volume, not ones and twos, so a price negotiation on a gun here and there will only help them, while letting us feel like the winner.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #17
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Agree ! And usually the big chains will price match any competitors price.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #18
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Gen 4 Glock 17 full size 9mm. Comes with factory installed upgraded Glock Night Sights and 3 mags instead of 2. $429.99

Only problem is you have to be a "qualified" customer to purchase here. Its were I get all my stuff from. They have one as low as $398 for a full size glock. To be "qualified" you must show proof of affiliation with Police, Fire, EMS, or Security (guard card and firearm permit required)

http://estore.proforceonline.com/sto...4=&note5=&max=
Old 09-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #19
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Turners and BassPro will price-match advertised prices.
Also, if you bring in one of their own recent ads and they happen to be overstocked, the manager will sometimes OK the sale price.

Other than that, no... you aren't going to get any breaks from the big chains.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
This ^^^^

Just yesterday, My Wife was shopping at a jewlry store, and the item she was buying was 950 bucks. She walked out with it for 700 with tax.