Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Kalifornians: This is not a Drill, ..more Anti Gun Bills!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #21
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
They do, it's called live somewhere else. I love how the fella from Ohio gets in such a tiff about what goes on in Cali. Makes me glad I live in fly over country.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #22
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
They do, it's called live somewhere else. I love how the fella from Ohio gets in such a tiff about what goes on in Cali. Makes me glad I live in fly over country.
as long as CA is a state, shouldn't it have the same BOR recognized as the rest of us?... besides, folks that have deep roots there can't just pick up and leave, ..and what, sell there house for a big loss?... and what state these days is rolling out the welcome mat for kalifornians anyways?...

always better to take the fight behind enemy lines, or it'll end up right in your backyard ...

Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #23
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pretty sure if there was something amiss that could be legally challenged then it would have been. CA has the same law making as any other state. The public voted in their law makers. If the majority doesn't like what they ended up with then vote them out and change the law.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #24
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pretty sure if there was something amiss that could be legally challenged then it would have been. CA has the same law making as any other state. The public voted in their law makers. If the majority doesn't like what they ended up with then vote them out and change the law.
this is a republic, ...not a democracy... california is "supposedly" a republic... i believe many of their gun laws are unconstitutional, ...especially given heller and mcdonald... it takes time, and money, to work through the judicial system though...

i've got a hunch, you wouldn't be too happy if the tables were turned and you had to forfeit just because simple majorities of elected numbnuts happen to have antipathy for your right...

Old 08-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #25
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
One step closer to the revolution.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #26

I'm a unionized blue dog democrat. Or what you would probably call a pinko commie living in Kansas. I know a thing or two about being in the minority when it comes to my choice of lawmakers. But that's life and I don't let it consume me.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #27

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm a unionized blue dog democrat. Or what you would probably call a pinko commie living in Kansas. I know a thing or two about being in the minority when it comes to my choice of lawmakers. But that's life and I don't let it consume me.
the bill of rights, constitution, is paramount to simple majority rule... an amendment cannot be repealed w/out a gargantuan effort on the part of both houses of congress, and ratification by 3/4 of states... what you have in CA is a violation of 2nd amendment... the 2nd amendment was "incorporated" amongst the states via the mcdonald SCOTUS decision... so, that is "law of the land"... some things are subject to statutory law, ...but a select others have constitutional protection... "keep and bear" has constitutional protection, incorporated to the states, as has been the 1st amendment...

Old 08-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #28

Yep, not disagreeing with that. That was also back when both the people and the government both shared the same weapons technology. That's clearly not the case anymore and hasn't been in a long while. Things won't ever be that way again until I can walk into a shop and purchase an F-35 with all the trimmings and a tank that still has it's firing pin installed.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #29

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, not disagreeing with that. That was also back when both the people and the government both shared the same weapons technology. That's clearly not the case anymore and hasn't been in a long while. Things won't ever be that way again until I can walk into a shop and purchase an F-35 with all the trimmings and a tank that still has it's firing pin installed.
...i didn't realize to "bear" applied to things one can't possibly "bear", ...like tanks and aircraft, ...so your point is a non-sequitur, right off the bat...

Old 08-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #30
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
You know what I really want? A mother fucking bazooka. Oh god damnit, those dang California laws say I can't. But my constitutional rights...!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #31

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
You know what I really want? A mother fucking bazooka. Oh god damnit, those dang California laws say I can't. But my constitutional rights...!
i must have missed the section where a bazooka had anything to do w/ this thread topic...

Old 08-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #32
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Unfortunately California often sets a tone for the rest of the country. All I see here is Wiley trying to be proactive in keeping CAs insanity out of his state and maybe helping out some of the freedom loving gun toting brethren stuck behind enemy lines there in the OC.

See avatar and user title.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
...i didn't realize to "bear" applied to things one can't possibly "bear", ...like tanks and aircraft, ...so your point is a non-sequitur, right off the bat...
No it's not. Just because I can't physically "bear" a B-1B loaded with nuclear tipped bombs doesn't mean I can't "keep" one. My point is perfectly valid. The fact that you choose to ignore it or sluff it off as a rediculous comparison doesn't mean you're correct. Look, I'm not anti gun. I have 3 in the truck alone as we speak. 2 of which would be considered against the law in California. I live in a state that has some of the most gun friendly laws you can imagine, and I'm perfectly fine with that. My point is, the 2nd amendment was infringed upon the second military arms and civilian arms got such classifications. This fight you're waging over wether or not your 10-22 holds 10 rounds or 50 doesn't really matter now does it? Because if there ever is a point when a tyrannical US government needs overthrown your extended magazine isn't going to do jack squat to that GPS guided cruise missile is it?

Old 08-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #34

Also on a further note, and this is just a personal thing. I'd find it nothing short of insulting to have an outsider call my state anything other than it's proper name especially when trying to have a serious policy conversation. The fact that you feel the need to call it Kalifornia does nothing but alienate moderate people that MIGHT listen to what you have to say. It's childish at best and kept me from reading whatever it was that got this thread started in the first place.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #35
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
:wileyc:
thief

Old 08-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #37
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinkeys View Post
Churchhill....Subjects without arms are subjects. Armed subjects are citizens. Someone else, Communist without arms are for peace. Communist with arms, not so much.
" A fanatic is a person that can't change his mind and won't change the subject "

- Winston Churchill

Old 08-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #39
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
" A fanatic is a person that can't change his mind and won't change the subject "

- Winston Churchill
Did Churchill write that about Mr. Wiley?

Old 08-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #40
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
I live in California.
I own guns.
I dont bitch about the laws.
This^

Once you pass through san francisco going north, you can drink beer on the beaches and shoot whatever gun you want at the whales, and nobody says shit.

Closed Thread