Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

skeet and trap shooters

Old 02-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #21
Awesome Member
WarEagleForLife will become famous soon enough
Name: Dylan
WarEagleForLife's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks yall, I think they were just hating on me for kickng their ass haha. Ive heard that once I move back past the 20 yard mark, 7 1/2 shot is best. But all the times ive gone the people I shoot with just shoot from the 16 yard mark, so Ill continue to get better from there with the 8 shot, hopefully getting my first perfect round.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #22
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I used to shoot skeet years ago. I miss my Ruger Red label.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #23
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
i shoot trap with a old winchester 1200, probably gonna sell it to help pay for a browning BPS to pull double duty as a duck and trap gun.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #24
Awesome Member
I bought my remmington 870 express for waterfowl season, but turns out its not too bad for skeet and trap
Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #25
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco084gb View Post
I shoot competition trap and as well in PITA,Pacific International Trap Association. I use this as my main trap gun its a Browning Citori 525 Limited Edition in Nickel plated coating. Damn nice gun. Ive owned it for 3 years now.
I use a break open model as it is easier when competing as you can load a shell in while it is broke open and it can not go off. As to a pump or auto you half to wait to load a shell until it is your turn to shoot. This is for our gun club rules. Also a pump and auto have a tendency to trip the micro phone and a clay bird comes out of the trap house unexpectedly which can throw you off some times.
Here is a Pic.

That sounds like LPRG?

I shoot a Browning BPS 12, 26" barrel. We have a few places around here that have trap. About an hour south of me, there is a phenomenal sporting clays range. 2 courses for a total of I think 36 stations, plus trap, skeet, and 5 house IIRC.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #26
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagleForLife View Post
Thanks yall, I think they were just hating on me for kickng their ass haha. Ive heard that once I move back past the 20 yard mark, 7 1/2 shot is best. But all the times ive gone the people I shoot with just shoot from the 16 yard mark, so Ill continue to get better from there with the 8 shot, hopefully getting my first perfect round.
I agree....they're probably butt hurt. LOL

What choke/s are you using?

We have over/under shotties.... so we usually set the wider choke diameter for the first shot (closer distance) and smaller choke (diameter) for the second shot (farther away).
Old 02-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #27
Awesome Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

We have over/under shotties.... so we usually set the wider choke diameter for the first shot (closer distance) and smaller choke (diameter) for the second shot (farther away).
I just use the cylinder choke. I havent messed with the choke since I got the gun since all ive been able to do is shoot trap
Old 02-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #28
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
anybody else use full?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #29
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Modified choke here.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #30
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
anybody else use full?
I use Full choke on my top barrel and modified for the bottom. So when Im shooting doubles I use the bottom first then the top.
For singles beyond the 25 yd line I use the Full choke.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #31
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
Two extra fulls here. Got a browning citori white lightning gold trigger over and under will throw up a pic when I get home
Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #32
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
I shot trap competitively for 4 years in high school and a few years after with my stainless Browning BT-99...I shot with improved-mod exclusively.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #33
mrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
mrsteve's Tacoma Gallery
I shoot quite a bit. Skeet, trap and sporting clays and all competitively. I started keeping track of targets this year. Up to 1,750 already. Here's a few photos of my 725 with Briley subgauge tubes.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #34
mrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to behold

mrsteve's Tacoma Gallery
I shoot quite a bit. Skeet, trap and sporting clays and all competitively. I started keeping track of targets this year. Up to 1,750 already. Here's a few photos of my 725 with Briley subgauge tubes.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #35
2Low8 is on a distinguished road

2Low8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsteve View Post

Nice gun! I've got the same tube set with mine. Been an NSSA member for 3 years and only have 2800 targets. I really need to go to more shoots. Seems you're doing well. What're your classes?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #36

mrsteve's Tacoma Gallery
I only have ~1,200 registered targets I think. And I just started NSCA last year. I'm in class C.

I have only shot 300 registered skeet targets and that was a doubles shoot last fall. More to come this year.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #37
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
If anyones looking to buy a gun my uncle has a Perazzi he's getting rid if. I think he wants $9k for it. If you want more details pm me.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #38

2Low8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsteve View Post
I only have ~1,200 registered targets I think. And I just started NSCA last year. I'm in class C.

I have only shot 300 registered skeet targets and that was a doubles shoot last fall. More to come this year.
You're ahead of me when I started. I had a 682 Gold E w/o tubes, only shot 12 and doubles for the first year or so. Got my Blaser and tubes so I can shoot everything. So far in skeet I'm B everything except I'm AA in 28 gauge. I'll probably post some pictures of my gun soon.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #39
TacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud of
TacoMaster44's Tacoma Gallery
i shoot skeet every once in awhile, mostly before bird season.

i have a remington versa max
Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #40

2Low8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

So are you shooting international or double trap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagleForLife View Post
I just use the cylinder choke. I havent messed with the choke since I got the gun since all ive been able to do is shoot trap
I'd throw a mod or improved mod in there. You might see your scores come up a little