Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

skeet and trap shooters

Old 09-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
skeet and trap shooters

hey tw, anyone a trap or skeet shooter on here? if so what kind of gun do you have and how often do you go shooting
Old 09-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I shoot trap with my winchester 101 o/u, would like to get better at skeet just never get to it. I try to go at least once a month if not more.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
beretta 391. Im apart of a trap shooting team. we go to shoots all over the state, then the state championship, then nationals which is in las vegas. its really fun!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
triumphx is on a distinguished road

triumphx's Tacoma Gallery
Franchi diamond grade, 870 "wang"master trap and a benilli or ruger red label for skeet
Old 09-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #7
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
i use my stoeger uplander SxS

lol cheap gun FTW!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
We used to shoot trap all the time several years back....but haven't done it at all here the last couple years.

My husband and I both have a Beretta 686 White Onyx. Mine was custom fit - stock cut short and cantered for left hand shooter. Awesome / beautiful gun and works great!!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i don't have much experience w/ the shotgun sports, ...but i heard that getting the gun properly "fit" to the shooter is key...
Old 09-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
20 ga over under yildiz shotgun, 28" barrel, the one from academy. its extremely light and shoots fairly well. i usually shoot twice a month on average, enough to stay a decent shot.
i am saving up now for the ol faithful remington 870
Old 09-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I really want a 870 for home defense but they suck when shooting doubles.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #12
triumphx is on a distinguished road

triumphx's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a 870 Do yourself a favor and get a wing master, they shoot/feel much better than the new ones
Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #13
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
I shoot competition trap and as well in PITA,Pacific International Trap Association. I use this as my main trap gun its a Browning Citori 525 Limited Edition in Nickel plated coating. Damn nice gun. Ive owned it for 3 years now.
I use a break open model as it is easier when competing as you can load a shell in while it is broke open and it can not go off. As to a pump or auto you half to wait to load a shell until it is your turn to shoot. This is for our gun club rules. Also a pump and auto have a tendency to trip the micro phone and a clay bird comes out of the trap house unexpectedly which can throw you off some times.
Here is a Pic.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco084gb View Post
I shoot competition trap and as well in PITA,Pacific International Trap Association. I use this as my main trap gun its a Browning Citori 525 Limited Edition in Nickel plated coating. Damn nice gun. Ive owned it for 3 years now.
I use a break open model as it is easier when competing as you can load a shell in while it is broke open and it can not go off. As to a pump or auto you half to wait to load a shell until it is your turn to shoot. This is for our gun club rules. Also a pump and auto have a tendency to trip the micro phone and a clay bird comes out of the trap house unexpectedly which can throw you off some times.
Here is a Pic.

Thats a beautiful gun
Old 09-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #15
Chindo is on a distinguished road
Chindo's Tacoma Gallery
I do a little in my backyard ( live outside city limits) with my super nova
Old 09-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I shoot a little, but not as much as I would like to. I shoot a local league sometimes. I inherited my grandpa's Browning Citori plus. Its got adjustable comb, butt plate and has a high rib. Its way too nice for me, but I'll never sell it.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #17
2Low8 is on a distinguished road

2Low8's Tacoma Gallery
Just found this thread and had to chime in. I shoot NSSA registered events often, starting to get into international skeet. Occasional sporting clays and trap. I shoot a Blaser F3 Competition Sporting w/ montecarlo stock.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #18
Awesome Member
WarEagleForLife will become famous soon enough
Name: Dylan
WarEagleForLife's Tacoma Gallery
This may be somewhat of a thread revival haha, but I have a question for yall. I just got into skeet and trap. And I recently went trap shooting for the fourth time the other day, and I shot a 22/25. I used 8 shot shells, and someone told me that was almost like cheating? Most of the time we shoot from the 16 yard mark, but my question is what do most competition shooters use? Am I supposed to be using 7 1/2 shot or does it not matter?
Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #19
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagleForLife View Post
This may be somewhat of a thread revival haha, but I have a question for yall. I just got into skeet and trap. And I recently went trap shooting for the fourth time the other day, and I shot a 22/25. I used 8 shot shells, and someone told me that was almost like cheating? Most of the time we shoot from the 16 yard mark, but my question is what do most competition shooters use? Am I supposed to be using 7 1/2 shot or does it not matter?
You mean #8 shot?
It's been a while since we've shot trap, but my husband reloads and always used #8 shot. If you're just starting out, there's not a damn thing wrong with using either. #8 shot is smaller and more of them ( not by much). Too many variables to consider. Including HOW the shells are loaded, what wads are used, bla bla bla.

I only ever shot as a hobby. Getting the gun setup with the right chokes is more of a challenge than having different shot. And not to forget, having a gun that is 'fitted' to you.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #20
Master of All Things Groovy
Spicy taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
Spicy taco's Tacoma Gallery
I shot competition sporting clays for a number of years (Browning 525 Golden Clays, Beretta 391 Teknys, Beretta 682 Gold E, Rizzini Vertex) and I never used anything except 7 1/2 or 8 shot. I shot skeet from time to time and never saw anyone use larger than #9. If they're giving you crap about #8 then ignore it and move on. Shoot what you're comfortable with.