Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Do any of you consolidate calibers?

Old 01-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Do any of you consolidate calibers?

What I mean is I used to shoot a lot of different calibers (22-250, 7.62x56 and 7.62 x 39, . 32, .40, .17, 16 gauge, 8mm, etc).

The space in the safe was getting less and less and I grabbed the wrong rounds one day and had to buy some at the range. Got .40 cal instead of .45.

So now I have only 12g, .308, 5.56, 9mm and .45. and a .22.

This has made is much easier to grab a box and go, and free'd up some room and was easy to get ammo at the local sporting goods store and Walmart.

Have you shrunken your collection if different guns and calibers?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Down to .17HMR and 30-06. Used to shoot .22, 9mm, .45ACP, and 12GA. Then I had kids traded guns for diapers. Want to trade the .17 for a 6.5 someday (still be at only two calibers).
Old 01-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I havent "shrunken" my collection, but I have shrunken my "Go to" weapons. I used to have .40, 10mm, 9mm, .357, .44 mag, 12 gauge, and .45 acp. Now, I only have 9mm, .45 acp, 5.56, and .44mag.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
thanks Chris I forgot about my Dan Wesson .44Mag wheelgun. Traded that too.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Man, gotta have the .44 mag.

"It'll blow you head clean off" per "Dirty" Harry Callahan.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #6

Mine was a Dan Wesson 644 44 Mag wheelgun. 8.5 inch rib vented barrel, stainless finish. Quite nice, but I'd have to ace bandage my wrist after putting a box though it. Worst part is after about 18 rounds I couldn't hit the side of a barn with it.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
mine was consolidated for me when my Kimber custom target II .45ACP was stolen from me by a "friend" who was holding it while i was deployed overseas...fucker. now im down to a 7.62x54 russian, .357 mag, 12 gauge, and a .308 springfield M1A national match.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i have changed my gun selection over the past few years......no longer have my .50 caliber cva muzzle loader or my 7mm mag, but now i have my .270, .30-.30, .410, two 12 gauges, .22, .22revolver,.40,.38.................so im careful as to what i grab when i am headed to hunt/shoot.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #9
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
I want enlarge my collection, so if you have something you'd like to sell...

I only have three pieces, and I can't possibly confuse the ammo. (.20gauge, 8mm rifle, 7.62 handgun).
Old 01-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Mine was a Dan Wesson 644 44 Mag wheelgun. 8.5 inch rib vented barrel, stainless finish. Quite nice, but I'd have to ace bandage my wrist after putting a box though it. Worst part is after about 18 rounds I couldn't hit the side of a barn with it.

After a while I get the anticipitory flinch with the big magnums.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #11
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
mine was consolidated for me when my Kimber custom target II .45ACP was stolen from me by a "friend" who was holding it while i was deployed overseas...fucker. now im down to a 7.62x54 russian, .357 mag, 12 gauge, and a .308 springfield M1A national match.

I got a national match as well, but customized it at Tanks Rifles.

Put a Kreiger barrel on it, bedded it, and put the McMillan stock.

Shoots like a dream.

You got a nice basic set of what I consider the prime calibers.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #12
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i was looking for a scout model M1A but the store gave me a great deal on my full size national match and im very glad i got it. i paid $1650 for it and i believe the MSRP was around $2100. so far ive put the springfield scope mount and a leupold mk2 3-9x scope on it.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:02 AM   #13
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
yeah i was looking for a scout model M1A but the store gave me a great deal on my full size national match and im very glad i got it. i paid $1650 for it and i believe the MSRP was around $2100. so far ive put the springfield scope mount and a leupold mk2 3-9x scope on it.

I have found the people here to be very helpful and informative.

If you swap any parts, consider Smith Enterprises and Sadlak.

Especially Sadlak. Both have contracts with the gub-ment for the scout sniper rifles for the war.

When you call Sadlak, you get the owner, Mike Sadlak on the phone. He's informative and his parts are the shizzle.

http://www.m14tfl.com/upload/
Old 01-15-2009, 07:31 AM   #14
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I have .357/.38, .40. .22, .222, .223 (5.56mm), .243, .257 Weatherby, .30-30, 7mm Mauser, 12 ga and 20 ga. I only have to watch when I take the AR and the .222 out. I rarely shoot them at the same time because of the difference in round appearance is slight. Other than that I really have no problem.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #15
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
No I don't, I purchased a heavy work table to do my reloads and as an option I bought the roller chest that slides under it. Holds all the gunsmith tools, all the reloading equipment and that just on one side.
Other side holds all the powder, bullets, and brass, plus ammo cans of each type of round.
.22, .222, .223, .44 mag, 30-30, 30-06, .308, 300 win mag, 7mm mag, .410, 12 gauge shot/sabot rounds-----some of which is going to tacomaman.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #17
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
I wish I had enough guns to worry about this.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #18
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i only have 5 guns...2 12ga 2 .40 and 1 .22

i usually take both .40 and the .22 with me when i go to the range so i dont mix up ammo...plus those are pretty easy to differentiate between
Old 01-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #19
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Just sold a 17HMR...looking to add a 243.
Never can have too many 22's.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #20
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
7.62x63mm, 7.62x51mm, 5.56x45, .308, 12Gg.,.22. Unbuilt FAL so another 7.62x51mm, and an M4 clone on the way so a second 5.56x45mm. Some calibers just sound cooler in metric, lol.