Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

IWB Holster for Glock 23 gen 4

Old 09-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
IWB Holster for Glock 23 gen 4

Hello all,

I'm wondering what the opinions are you all concerning concealed carry with a glock in regards to IWB holsters.

I have a glock 23 gen 4. 4/12 inch barrel. The handgun itself i believe is just under 6 1/2 inches long

I'm currently in the market for a IWB holster here are the stipulations I need for this holster.

1. Under 50$
2. Non Kydex
3. does not need a belt to be secured in your pants ( so i can use it with my gym shorts)
4. Preferably deep carry
5. No top strap
6. NOT a belly band
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldn't advise carrying anything on the waist w/out a belt, definitely not gym shorts...

that said, you might be looking at a paddle style holster, ...but i doubt there are many paddle holsters out there that are concealable..
Old 09-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
You may want to look into thigh holsters; they may suit your need of "deep concealment" while not relying on a belt. I'm assuming that you could pull up your shorts to draw (like basketball shorts as opposed to running shorts). You could also try to make/modify a drop-leg holster for concealment if you don't want to wear the weapon on the inside of your leg.

You can also look into Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB holsters:

http://www.unclemikes.com/products/i..._holsters.html

I carried a 1911 in one of these for a while, but ended up buying a smaller gun for IWB carry because the full size weapon was too cumbersome and uncomfortable in this holster.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._mr_softy.html
can't hotlink the image

Mr. Softy is what I think I've got, it's been a while and I looked at a ton of their options but my buddy who owns a gunshop has carried with his highnoon holster for 12 years and it just gets softer and doesn't fall apart. The one that I have is a tuckable holster so I can tuck a shirt in with the holster IWB and all you see is the metal clip over my belt, hard to tell what it is.

Well worth the money great product. IMO if you're going to spend $20 on an Uncle Mikes neo (i've used them, they're a decent product) you may as well spend $30-35 on a leather one that'll last forever.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._mr_softy.html
can't hotlink the image

Mr. Softy is what I think I've got, it's been a while and I looked at a ton of their options but my buddy who owns a gunshop has carried with his highnoon holster for 12 years and it just gets softer and doesn't fall apart. The one that I have is a tuckable holster so I can tuck a shirt in with the holster IWB and all you see is the metal clip over my belt, hard to tell what it is.

Well worth the money great product. IMO if you're going to spend $20 on an Uncle Mikes neo (i've used them, they're a decent product) you may as well spend $30-35 on a leather one that'll last forever.
That MR Softy is looks exactly like what i need. Thank you sir
Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
wilnbroc is a jewel in the roughwilnbroc is a jewel in the roughwilnbroc is a jewel in the rough

Name: Nathan
wilnbroc's Tacoma Gallery
I use a Don Hume (leather) IWB w/ clip (no thumb break) for my Glock 23. But carrying a Glock 23 for gym shorts isn't happening much I can assure you as I have tried to clip and carry on some sport pants and shorts. Even with a draw string, the weight of the gun is too much. Look into a Velcro spandex waist strap for use on that.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
.45%er

Army:
So i got a galco soft tuck. It works great. thanks all for the help reps for all
Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
wilnbroc is a jewel in the roughwilnbroc is a jewel in the roughwilnbroc is a jewel in the rough

Name: Nathan
wilnbroc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
So i got a galco soft tuck. It works great. thanks all for the help reps for all
That's a good one too, which I have but I don't use. If its the one I'm thinking with the soft leather and a plastic clip, my problem I had with it was using it at the range. Practicing draw and shoot was difficult because the leather collapses upon draw and it became difficult to reholster my weapon.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Elite IWB holsters.
http://www.elitesurvival.com/conceal...p-holster-iwb/

I know you said no Kydex, but the Mic Holster is handy. I love mine, even if you dont wear its nice to keep in your truck or on the night stand with the trigger guard secured.
http://glocktech.com/
Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #10
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS1980 View Post
I like my Elite IWB holsters.
http://www.elitesurvival.com/conceal...p-holster-iwb/

I know you said no Kydex, but the Mic Holster is handy. I love mine, even if you dont wear its nice to keep in your truck or on the night stand with the trigger guard secured.
http://glocktech.com/
I have a kydex, its a blackhawk serpa cqc. slides right under the steering column
Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #11
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilnbroc View Post
That's a good one too, which I have but I don't use. If its the one I'm thinking with the soft leather and a plastic clip, my problem I had with it was using it at the range. Practicing draw and shoot was difficult because the leather collapses upon draw and it became difficult to reholster my weapon.

If i have to pull it out, It wont be going back into the holster until im out of rounds. it is the same as you are describing
Old 09-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
have you looked at the apendix carry holster from raven?

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/hols...lster-full-kit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOydf...ure=plpp_video
Old 09-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
.45%er

Army:
im not a big fan of carrying a weapon anywhere in that general vicinity....
Old 09-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
im not a big fan of carrying a weapon anywhere in that general vicinity....
dont pull the trigger and it wont go off. regardless of where you carry it will be pointed toward something or someone you dont want to shoot.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #15
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
regardless of where you carry it will be pointed toward something or someone you dont want to shoot.

Truth, mine points at my dick...#1 on my don't shoot list
Old 11-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #16
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
Truth, mine points at my dick...#1 on my don't shoot list
and now I carry there. It is the best spot for me to carry without anyone noticing
Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #17

Quote:
and now I carry there. It is the best spot for me to carry without anyone noticing

I was skeptical about it at first too but it is actually the easiest for me to conceal there.