Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Who has an AK (and variants)?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #21
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I have an AK...sorry no pics from Afghan land, but I plan on building a 7.62x39 on an AR platform when I get home....can't wait.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:39 AM   #22
Nick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Nick Sells's Tacoma Gallery
I hope everyone caught Obama talking about re introducing the assault weapons ban if he is reelected. Get while you can and hope they don't come for them.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #23
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman29306 View Post
Draco 7.62x39 pistol. Before anyone loses their feces and sends a letter to the ATF, an AFG is allowed on a pistol. A VFG makes it a AOW. Future plans include paperwork and a SBR for this one.

Mini Draco 7.62x39

Basic AK with Slide-Fire stock.
Awesome
Old 10-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #24
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #25
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
This is mine. There are many like it, but, this one is mine.

anyone know what make this is?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #26
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
^^Wasr with Tapco furniture

M85 and M92 Krinkovs
Old 01-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #28
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Saiga 12 not exactly an AK
Old 01-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #29
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
I have a WASR-10. Wish i could find a damn pic but oh well. Have a quad rail from Krebs custom. Love it! But I'll be honest my next gun is going to be an ACR and im getting the pin and rail set for 7.62 x 39.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #30
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
M70 Yugo

Zastava M70 AB2 Underfolder. All magazines have the bolt stop feature and the safety lever has been notched to provide bolt hold open manually with no empty mag installed. left side metal folding stock has been wrapped with paracord for better cheek rest.

The M70 can launch NATO rifle grenades too. The real launch rounds are very violent and are corrosive as well. Lower powered launch cartridges can be purchased or loaded with a crimp die set. I launch these 1 pound RG's 200 yards with my launch cartridges. These are Israeli MK-12 INERT practice rifle grenades.

These are awesome AK's, heavier barrel than most, grenade launching capability, heavier/thicker receiver like the 7.62x54R PSL has, bolt hold open magazines, notched safety levers for bolt hold open, Tritium night sights, flip up gas cut off for grenade launching, and an underfolder stock.

Web site with more info:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~m70AK3/M70.htm
Old 02-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #32
sandman29306 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
sandman29306's Tacoma Gallery
In addition to my real AKs on the first page, heres a sticker that got me a little attention the other day at the gas pump.

I do antagonize the librels a bit with it and that makes my drives intresting, especially from the Obama / Prius crowd. The game wardens at the gas station the other day didn't care for it or the Mission First Tactical "American" sticker on the other side of the bumper. He stared for quite a while trying to seem intimidating and then finally said "nice stickers" only the way an officer can say. Me thinks he took it as a challenge. Wait 5 seconds...I looked at him and said "yep". He went back to pumping and his partner kept staring.

I thought this was going to be another opportune time to hit the video record on the phone moment but that was the end of it.

Hilarious. Not the funniest story when I type it but it was rather amusing.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #33
Ragin Cajun
Plik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant future

Plik's Tacoma Gallery
My MAK 90 w/ ironwood furniture

Old 02-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #34
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
I'm concerned that I should convert my saiga before Cali does something stupid
Old 02-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #35
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, guys. I want to purchase an AK-47 assault rifle, but what should I be looking for?

I see they're available in at least two different caliber variants (7.62x39 or 5.45x39), have varying accuracy, have a wide variety of magazines, are made by a dizzying array of companies, and are imported into the USA from perhaps a half dozen countries (Poland, Bulgaria, etc).

Help me make some sense of all this and anything more. Price is a major factor in any potential purchase decision. By the way, I do like the wooden stock, hand grip, and similar, but am even open to advice on that as well.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #36
Ragin Cajun
Plik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant future

Plik's Tacoma Gallery
Chinese Norinco MAK 90s are the best bang for your buck IMO... chrome lined barrel, 1.5mm thick stamped reciever and double hook trigger.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #37
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Okay, guys. I want to purchase an AK-47 assault rifle, but what should I be looking for?

I see they're available in at least two different caliber variants (7.62x39 or 5.45x39), have varying accuracy, have a wide variety of magazines, are made by a dizzying array of companies, and are imported into the USA from perhaps a half dozen countries (Poland, Bulgaria, etc).

Help me make some sense of all this and anything more. Price is a major factor in any potential purchase decision. By the way, I do like the wooden stock, hand grip, and similar, but am even open to advice on that as well.
At this point in time, I would go for the 7.62x39 variant. The 5.45 ammo is harder to find and the magazine situation is impossible unless you want to pay a premium. Right now if you can find any AK variant that runs well and is in good condition at a decent price, buy it and you can get the mags and ammo later.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #38
Apricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lcpl, 3/8 & 3rd FAST
Name: Henry
Apricotshot's Tacoma Gallery
Selling mine. Please see this ad: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_122/1...Will_Ship.html
Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #39
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
This is how they started:

This is the current:
Old 02-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #40
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plik View Post
Chinese Norinco MAK 90s are the best bang for your buck IMO... chrome lined barrel, 1.5mm thick stamped reciever and double hook trigger.
Okay, I've read about the benefits of chrome plating. However, seems to be varying opinions about stamped versus forged (milled) receivers. Some say milled receivers are more rigid (increasing accuracy by less flex) while stamped receivers are more rugged (increasing accuracy due to lower chance of metal fatigue). Seems to be a toss up between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StZu View Post
At this point in time, I would go for the 7.62x39 variant. The 5.45 ammo is harder to find and the magazine situation is impossible unless you want to pay a premium. (snip)
All that's certainly worthwhile to know. Will focus on the 7.62x39 variant from this point on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
Whoa! Way out of my price range. I'm looking for something closer to $400~700. Perhaps a bit more, but not much.

Products Discussed in this Thread