Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Who has an AK (and variants)?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #121
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
I started to ask you what the h**l is that hanging off the trigger guard then I looked where you are from. Must be some magazine blocking device? From Texas, just never seen such an item on an AK.
yep,it's a AK bullet button, makes it impossible to release the mag without a tool, they're about become illegal (if the law passes) and all semi-auto rifles with detachable mags will be banned.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #122
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Are the stamped sheet metal plates that are not yet broken over to form the receiver similar to the 80% AR lowers, where as there is no serial number and no FFL requirement? I'm interested in building a few, but was curious if they are a simple order or if I might as well wait for my FFL paperwork to come back.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #123
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
Are the stamped sheet metal plates that are not yet broken over to form the receiver similar to the 80% AR lowers, where as there is no serial number and no FFL requirement? I'm interested in building a few, but was curious if they are a simple order or if I might as well wait for my FFL paperwork to come back.
simple answer, yes, a very easy order.
yes they are, they're called flats, i believe most of them have the holes already made in them and all you do is bend them, install a trunion, and weld the bolt rails in.
There are also 80% blanks, pre bent (some are milled), no holes, and you have to weld in the rails, not sure about trunions on the blanks.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #124
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
a trigger guard to basically make it a bullet button mag release??
Old 06-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #125
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
from what Ive read, the flats are way better than the pre-bent receivers. They are only around $30 each on ak-builder. You need a lot of special jigs and tools to build them so your best bet is finding a build party unless you are willing to invest $500+ on equipment and jigs.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #126
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
a trigger guard to basically make it a bullet button mag release??
yep
it's a basically a cage that gets mounted on the trigger guard that's open on the top, and has a opening on the bottom small enough that you cannot use your finger to release it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqYPgLoj1V8
Old 06-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #127
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerial Porter
Tacoma13SR5's Tacoma Gallery

CZ VZ.58 With EOTech and Streamlight Tac Light.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #128
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Other than kvar where else can I find a skeleton/triangle stock for the ak. Polymer or steel doesn't matter. Prefer non folding. Looking for sub 100 price range.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #129
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Other than kvar where else can I find a skeleton/triangle stock for the ak. Polymer or steel doesn't matter. Prefer non folding. Looking for sub 100 price range.
You can buy a receiver block from ACE and then attach any of their skeleton stocks without the folding mechanism if you want. Just over $100 for the block and stock but hell for stout.

http://riflestocks.com/store/product63.html
Old 06-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #130
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It would look a lot like mine but it wouldn't fold.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #131
Taco Forum Noob
7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
7six2Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Draco SBR with an Ace folder, MI quad rail, Eotech XPS2 on a Dogleg rail with a PWS brake.
Attached Thumbnails
Who has an AK (and variants)?-draco.jpg   Who has an AK (and variants)?-draco1.jpg  
Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #132
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
If you go to Carolina they have a few options. I like the DPH the best, but the raptor seems interesting.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #133
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
You can buy a receiver block from ACE and then attach any of their skeleton stocks without the folding mechanism if you want. Just over $100 for the block and stock but hell for stout.

http://riflestocks.com/store/product63.html
This. And mine from them folds to the left.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7six2Fan View Post
Draco SBR with an Ace folder, MI quad rail, Eotech XPS2 on a Dogleg rail with a PWS brake.
Nice!!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #135
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
I would advise against the polymer skeleton stock. For some reason you need some weight back there. I tried it and hated it. I sold the polymer skeleton stock about 2 days after I received it.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #136
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
What sling would you guys recommend? I'm just looking for something cheap and reliable.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #137
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
What sling would you guys recommend? I'm just looking for something cheap and reliable.
I use the Magpul MS3 sling on mine. 1 or 2 point on the fly
Old 06-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #138
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I'm running the condor speedy 2 point.
Here's a cheap padded and decent sling
http://www.greyghostgear.com/pouches/2-point-sling
Old 06-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #139
Powder Coater/ Dirt Thrower
TRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TRIAD Powderworks's Tacoma Gallery
AK

Here is my Polish Underfolder.. I love this thing... Shoots great, and never has an issue!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #140
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Just use the AK issue sling. You can usually find these for 10.00
Try Apex.com these guys are the stuff for your AK needs.

Products Discussed in this Thread