Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Who has an AK (and variants)?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #141
Powder Coater/ Dirt Thrower
TRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TRIAD Powderworks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StZu View Post
Just use the AK issue sling. You can usually find these for 10.00
Try Apex.com these guys are the stuff for your AK needs.
Its actually apexgunparts.com

Drew
Old 07-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #142
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIAD Powderworks View Post
Its actually apexgunparts.com

Drew
my bad.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #143
One Convenient Locations ......In Africa
Sleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: HMM-263 MALS-29
Name: Corporal
Sleeper362's Tacoma Gallery
My Yugo M70AB2 built on a 1.6 mil reciever. Non chrome barrel has this thing accurate as hell. Its my one and only AK47, its also the gun that rests under my bed at night.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #144
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper362 View Post
My Yugo M70AB2 built on a 1.6 mil reciever. Non chrome barrel has this thing accurate as hell. Its my one and only AK47, its also the gun that rests under my bed at night.

Nice.

What grip are you running?
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #145
Sleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tapco garbage it came with along with a tapco G2 trigger it came with. Its not that bad in all reality. /wish the trigger was double hook instead of single hook.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #146
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tapco garbage it came with along with a tapco G2 trigger it came with. Its not that bad in all reality. /wish the trigger was double hook instead of single hook.
You wont gain a damn thing going with a double over a single.

I had this exact discussion with Jim Fuller at rifle dynamics.

in every example, the tolerances get stacked and the second hook gets nullified fairly quickly.

Example:

How perpendicular are the trigger group holes, to the receiver? If they are the slightest bit off, that adds slight cant. (most notable in a stamped receiver)

How precise is the grind on the sear engagement face, on the hammer? Are they perfectly parallel?

How parallel is the grind on the trigger hooks themselves?

If the world was 100% perfect, the engagement would be equal between both hooks. Since the world likes to piss on our plans, more often things arent perfect.

If the drill bit walked slightly, if the hammer face isnt parallel, if the trigger hooks arent perfectly parallel, if the holes egged slightly, if the pivot pin sleeve was drilled ever so slightly off center, ect. The 2nd hook wont make a damn bit of difference.

Its the same reason people never use adapters when attaching suppressors to weapons. the tolerances are so extremely close, that adding more tolerance to the existing tolerances, sometimes ends with a baffle strike.

In this case, you'd spend money on a double hook, and still be effectively engaging with only 1 of the hooks. the 2nd would be for show...
Old 07-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #147
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Wrap that stock with paracord, sure makes the cheek feel better to touch paracord than scalding or freezing metal. Follow the link then scroll down to "make a Paracord cheek rest".

http://home.roadrunner.com/~m70AK3/M70.htm
Old 07-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #148

Already wrapped it, this is an old picture of her. I am looking at this and realizing that I haven't shot her in a while, I think its time to fix that. I will try to get some more recent pictures of it up in a bit.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #149
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery

Romanian SAR - 1 ....don't understand all the hype on the AR platform so you can put crap on it....most that crap requires batteries.....
Old 07-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #150
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
You can put all that crap on an ak as well.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #151
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
im itching bad for a saiga prices are returning to normal the first one in 7.62x39 for like 399$ ill be buying it
Old 07-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #152
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I'm right there with you on that.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #153
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
im itching bad for a saiga prices are returning to normal the first one in 7.62x39 for like 399$ ill be buying it
Don't know if you're interested in shipping one, but I can run up to the shop I bought my converted from and see his prices. Dec 2012 I got a converted one for $550, unconverted was either 400 or 450.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #154
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
where in PA is the shop??? i might be going to Philly this summer ive got my LTCF i wonder if being out of state it still exempts me from doing the instant background check??
Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #155
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
It's in Home, PA. Having a LTCF doesn't exempt you from going thru PICS (PA Instant check system) so you'd have to have it sent to a FFL near you.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #156
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery

New build thanks to Innovative Arms, SC.
Class III tax stamp in hand.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #157
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
^ thats freakin hot! I want the same thing but with an integrated front site post gas block
Old 12-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #158
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone post a link for a drilling template? Every search I do is a dead end. Thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 06:03 AM   #159
shotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to behold

Army: DUSTOFF
shotgunshooter3's Tacoma Gallery
Waffen Werks AK-74

Who has an AK (and variants)?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1389621821.282793.jpg
Old 07-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #160
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at 2 AK style weapons.
Century Arms M70 AB2 Underfolder 7.62x39mm
and
Century International Arms VZ2008 Sporter Rifle 7.62x39

I know the sporter uses proprietary mags, does the m70 use standard AK mags?

Products Discussed in this Thread