1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Guidos Web tree stand

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by takern, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Oct 11, 2012 at 8:40 AM
    takern

takern [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    Got my guidos web tree stand in the other day and finally got to take it out into the woods. the thing is slick. i had deer come from behind me and was able to get to the other side of the tree without them seein. let all 3 walk though cus they were just youngens. anyone lookin for a new tree stand aught to look into this thing though. Its sweet

2. Oct 11, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    RI Tacoma

RI Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Phx sometime soon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sport DCLB
    OME 885's, Derped FJ TRD Wheels, Hankook Dynapro's ATM 265/75/16's, Retro's, WeatherTech Liners, Fog Light Mod, Bak Flip F-1, N-Fab Steps, 20% Tint, complete stereo, heated mirrors, Katzkin seats!!
    Are you going to use climbing sticks with it, or did you pick up a climbers rope?

I am interested in getting rid of my heavy API climber and into something like this

3. Oct 11, 2012 at 9:18 AM
    takern

takern [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    i actually made a little climbing system using rope and prussic knots. stand and climbing system and tree platform weights just under 15lbs. great if you are like me and only have public land to hunt.

basically i tied two prussic knots to 10 ft of 7/16 climbing rope and use them as foot steps. then stand in it, lift the entire guidos web up, sit on the web, then lift the rope up and repeat. same method as a climbing stand. if you want more information send me a pm and I can direct you to other places with more information as well as provide you with a detailed writeup of what i did. i can climb about 2ft per minute without sweatin but i think the extra time is worth only carrying in 20 lbs to include my bow and arrows as well as a foot platform and knives and water.

Products Discussed in

To Top