Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Alpen Optics

Old 10-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
niit_train will become famous soon enoughniit_train will become famous soon enough
Name: Jason
niit_train's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Alpen Optics

I was just scanning through the Deer Hunting BS thread, and noticed a lot of conversation about scopes. After a quick search, I did not see anything mentioning this company. A good friend's Dad had a store near Canton. OH that sold stuff dealing with birds.... seed, houses, optics, cameras, etc. The kind of stuff for enthusiasts like himself. His dad had given him a pair of Alpen binos that were priced fairly high end, something like $1200. We had a 15,000 acre lease that had about 1200 acres of old strip mine. You could watch the valley fills from several hundred yards away. These binos were extremely impressive! I have looked through most of the high end binos, albeit not in the field much, and these were as good, if not better IMHO. After looking through them, I went home to research the company, and low and behold, they make rifle scopes! He immediately ordered a 4-16X44. He got the scope at no markup through his dad. This scope was AMAZING! I just did a quick google on it and saw it on optics planet website for $284.

For those in the market for a scope, DO NOT overlook this scope. It is well worth the money and you receive a high end scope for a budget price. Hope that this will help anyone who is on the fence not wanting to spend a weeks worth of salary on a decent scope.

NT
Old 10-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
It has been my experience that optics is one of the very few things where price is in a direct correlation to how good the product it. IE The more you spend the better it will be and settling for something cheaper is settling from something of lesser quality, not exactly bad quality but lesser. If you've found something that's as good as a higher priced counterpart for a cheaper price then this is something to take notice of.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
It has been my experience that optics is one of the very few things where price is in a direct correlation to how good the product it. IE The more you spend the better it will be and settling for something cheaper is settling from something of lesser quality, not exactly bad quality but lesser. If you've found something that's as good as a higher priced counterpart for a cheaper price then this is something to take notice of.
i kinda feel this way about VORTEX..they are the little company that is starting to really make headway in the segment.