Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Archery Talk

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #321
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
just tested it out. works perfectly.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #322
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Bow hunting! Matthews Legacy FTMFW
Old 11-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #323
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post
Hey I was wondering what people use for homemade targets? I have a 50# bear kodiak I use for target practice and the arrows go right through hay bales. I was thinking of stacking cardboard sheets together? I don't want to blow $50+ on a store bought target. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Cam
You'll have $50 in a home made target as well. I broke down and spent the $50 on a Delta Speed Bag. Been shooting at it for 3 years. Can hardly tell. Stops arrows and you can pull them out with 2 fingers.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...14430.12531035
Old 11-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #324
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
Stuff a pillow case full of old clothes...good if your only using field tips
Old 11-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #325
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsab916 View Post
Stuff a pillow case full of old clothes...good if your only using field tips
i took a cardboard box and stuffed it full of old ratty pants. works like a charm, and was free.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #326
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Been hunting with my beautiful styers .308 all my life and damn do I love it.
But, wanted to try something new- archery hunting is a totally different game, as you're not gonna drop that buck and the one behind it at 400 yards. (That number gets bigger every time I tell the story)

SO,
Heres my bow!
Archery Talk-imageuploadedbytapatalk1392657784.119496.jpg

Athens Testament
60 lb draw can't wait to get it dialed in!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:57 AM   #327
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
But, wanted to try something new- archery hunting is a totally different game, as you're not gonna drop that buck and the one behind it at 400 yards. (That number gets bigger every time I tell the story)

SO,
Heres my bow!
Attachment 256974

Athens Testament
that is freaking nice!!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #328
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

SO,
Heres my bow!
Attachment 256974

Athens Testament
You aught to go to archerytalk.com and search for the nuts and bolts of tuning. a very well detailed article by a very informed man on tuning bows specifically to you. I used it this year for the first time and my groups at the start of hunting season were down to about 2" at 40 yards from 3-4". Beware though, it is addicting like guns and trucks. You will fix one thing then want to try something else and next thing you know you have been out there for 6 hours and all you have learned is what doesnt work for you. But its rewarding when you finally get it working for you
Old 02-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #329
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
You aught to go to archerytalk.com and search for the nuts and bolts of tuning. a very well detailed article by a very informed man on tuning bows specifically to you. I used it this year for the first time and my groups at the start of hunting season were down to about 2" at 40 yards from 3-4". Beware though, it is addicting like guns and trucks. You will fix one thing then want to try something else and next thing you know you have been out there for 6 hours and all you have learned is what doesnt work for you. But its rewarding when you finally get it working for you

Call it dumb luck but this thing is set up PERFECTLY. That is the grouping at 60 yards with no adjustment. Only had to move my 70 & 80 pins down a bit.

Spent all afternoon hunting wabbits. No luck, but it's not the bow at all. Shooting Easton 340 arrows 100 grain varmint tips. Pretty much the greatest thing ever.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:14 AM   #330
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Hello folks, Im looking for a new bow (ready to shoot), budget is ~$350. My sister had a diamond infinite edge, and i like it, but I've read that it doesn't perform so well with a higher poundage and longer draw length, and according to the wingspan divided by 2.5 rule my draw length is 29.6". I'd like something with a draw weight adjustable from ~40-65 or 70.

I currently shoot a bear sportsman, but it's really slow and underpowered, and i'd like to upgrade to something I can hunt with.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:15 AM   #331
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for my perusing.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:54 AM   #332
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have experience with the Hoyt Ignite? I'm gonna try to find a local shop with one to shoot.
http://www.hoyt.com/compound_bows/details/ignite
Old 05-28-2014, 11:20 PM   #333
jokercykoe is on a distinguished road

jokercykoe's Tacoma Gallery
Don't shoot the Ignite but I like Hoyt bows.

Currently shoot a Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30

Old 05-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #334
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokercykoe View Post
Don't shoot the Ignite but I like Hoyt bows.

Currently shoot a Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30

I have recently started looking at bows. How much is that? Not that price really matters to me when it comes to my hunting shit. I have always wanted to learn how to shoot a really well set up bow and figured now is a good time to start.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #335
Cactus Hobbit
KE5TXK is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: 3ID Combat Medic
Name: Cody
KE5TXK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have recently started looking at bows. How much is that? Not that price really matters to me when it comes to my hunting shit. I have always wanted to learn how to shoot a really well set up bow and figured now is a good time to start.
Find a shop and shoot all you can. I went in when I first got into bows and knew what I wanted. After shooting I left with a different bow that felt better than the one I had thought I wanted. I am an Archery Coach for our 4-H kids and it is a blast. Hunting and target shooting is all I do. If you start shooting now you should be ready for hunting season. Good luck!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #336
10ptXtreme is on a distinguished road
10ptXtreme's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a fellow NJ deer hunter... I've got 2 fairly new bows.

2012 Bowtech Insanity CPX - 50 lbs , 28" DL
2013 Tenpoint Titan Xtreme (crossbow) - my newest and my favorite. This is just wicked accurate.

David
Old 05-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #337

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE5TXK View Post
Find a shop and shoot all you can. I went in when I first got into bows and knew what I wanted. After shooting I left with a different bow that felt better than the one I had thought I wanted. I am an Archery Coach for our 4-H kids and it is a blast. Hunting and target shooting is all I do. If you start shooting now you should be ready for hunting season. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. That is pretty much exactly what I was going to do, maybe take some lessons as well. Then make a purchase once I figure it out.
You dont buy a new pair of skis without demoing a few first.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #338
jokercykoe is on a distinguished road

jokercykoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchop View Post
$1400 barebow.

Love it. I had a 2013 Spyder 30 which was good but the carbon just feels dead in the hands. Try out different bows and see what feels best to you. My buddy loves his PSE and I know a few guys who won't shoot anything but a Mathews. It's all preference. I come from shooting barebow recurve but am definitely enjoying compounds.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #340
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Shot my first 100 yard group on Sunday. Super fun. Stiff breeze blowing straight at me. I don't typically shoot this well.

Products Discussed in this Thread