LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Archery Talk

Old 01-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #21
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
To keep this going I got a new truball st 360 release and i love it! looking for a nice target sight but money is tight right now....
Old 01-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
for the past 3 or so years.......i have been using my fletcher .44 caliper release.......smooth, but its holds like a sumbitch. just a little dry moly lube once in a while...good to go, and keeps the springs in good shape.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #23
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
yes, I like to hunt, a little anyway..... we have a local archery league starting this monday. I have a local 3d shoots that I go through throughout the state, and may I recommend to anyone who may be interested the rinehart 100..50 targets each day...lots of fun but really tiring. It was up in NC last year, but I don't know where it will be this year. All I know it was hot. I shoot a bowtech, with a trufire bulldog release.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #24
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Martin Jaguar, haven't shot it in a couple of years, but am getting the itch again. Bout a target that I have never used, tragic!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #25
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckinsc View Post
yes, I like to hunt, a little anyway..... we have a local archery league starting this monday. I have a local 3d shoots that I go through throughout the state, and may I recommend to anyone who may be interested the rinehart 100..50 targets each day...lots of fun but really tiring. It was up in NC last year, but I don't know where it will be this year. All I know it was hot. I shoot a bowtech, with a trufire bulldog release.
some day i wanna hit up the 100!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #26
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Special Ops Combat Controller
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to KraQr
I'm actually heading out this weekend for possible one last chance in the stand. I shoot a BOWTECH General with SLick Trick broadheads.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #27
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
Anybody got hightec setups with scopes and 3 foot stabilizers? wat do you use for a release??
the picture's kinda crappy but the PSE mach pro i've got has the long stabilizer and a v-bar, also has a gkf magnified scope. i just use a scott little goose, nothing fancy.
Attached Thumbnails
Archery Talk-0726082118.jpg  
Old 01-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #28
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
I do both. I'm shooting a Fred Bear Lights Out w/a Redhead trigger. It's smooth and quiet, not the fastest but who needs fast when you have quiet? I would love to get a bow that I could use the same pin out to 40yds. That would be sick. Maybe one of these days I can get me one of those high speed bow's.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
I do both. I'm shooting a Fred Bear Lights Out w/a Redhead trigger. It's smooth and quiet, not the fastest but who needs fast when you have quiet? I would love to get a bow that I could use the same pin out to 40yds. That would be sick. Maybe one of these days I can get me one of those high speed bow's.
save up for a deadnuts or cobra pendulum sight..........it lines itself up for ya....compensates. im probably gonna go with one when i get my new bow.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:09 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
the picture's kinda crappy but the PSE mach pro i've got has the long stabilizer and a v-bar, also has a gkf magnified scope. i just use a scott little goose, nothing fancy.
Any suggestions for a target sight??? i looking at sure-lock of copper john right now
Old 01-22-2009, 04:10 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
Mathews came out with a few new bows that shoot 340,350,and 360fps!!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 AM   #32
FL Forester has much to be proud ofFL Forester has much to be proud ofFL Forester has much to be proud ofFL Forester has much to be proud ofFL Forester has much to be proud ofFL Forester has much to be proud ofFL Forester has much to be proud ofFL Forester has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
We have until March 1 to hunt. The last 10 days are archery or black powder only.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:52 AM   #33
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I love bow hunting. I have taken more with the bow than any of my rifles combined. Sadly, I haven't been out in at least 4 years now. I think I wam going to do it this fall though. I need to get the matthews restrung and sighted back in. I miss the old "smack-thud" sound.

Quote:
Mathews came out with a few new bows that shoot 340,350,and 360fps!!
Just remember, speed don't mean anything with out arrow placement.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #34
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
Huntnig in the winter and target in the yard the rest of the year. I've got an old PSE Nova and an even older recurve of unknown origin which I used exclusively this year. Didn't get anything with it but shooting it just feels....right. Getting my 7 year old a Mathews Genesis for his b-day in april. He's been begging me for a bow since he was 4.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Just remember, speed don't mean anything with out arrow placement.
Damn right! i have a mathers legacy with a 5 pin sight and hunting arrows.... i might be shooting 300fps if that.... and i shoot open class with all the guys that have 2000$ setups.... its almost all skill but the right equipment does help out alittle
Old 01-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #36
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any suggestions for a target sight??? i looking at sure-lock of copper john right now
I shot a buddies bow with the sure loc...it's a REALLY nice site...that's all I can say, if you haven't shot one, give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckinsc View Post
I shot a buddies bow with the sure loc...it's a REALLY nice site...that's all I can say, if you haven't shot one, give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
Alot of people seem to have the sight must be good..
Old 01-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #38
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm checking in....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilted1117 View Post
Getting my 7 year old a Mathews Genesis for his b-day in april. He's been begging me for a bow since he was 4.
Our organization works with kids at a local youth camp and the last few years we talked them into buying some Genesis bows. Very good bow for kids. Not-for-profit orgs can also buy them at a discounted cost.

We shot some aerial targets last weekend, love to bowhunt, and we also hosted 5 themed 3-D shoots last year.

Archery with my family is a blessed combination.

Hey TRDMAN, gotta plug a real good program if you don't mind.....
http://www.nasparchery.com/activea.asp
Old 01-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #39
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah like canuck said sure loc makes great sights i know a bunch of target shooters that have one...
Old 01-26-2009, 06:08 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
yeah like canuck said sure loc makes great sights i know a bunch of target shooters that have one...
wow they are not cheap tho!!lol