Notices

Archery Talk

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #41
Beach Prerunner
TheOne is on a distinguished road

TheOne's Tacoma Gallery
Hunter and Target

I hunt and shoot 3-d, I use a Bowtech Allegiance set at 70lb Copperjohn Deadnuts Pro, Carbon Express Maxima arrows, Wac'em broadheads 100gr, and my choice of Muzzy Zero effect drop away rest, a Spott Hogg Infinity rest or a cobra drop away rest for hunting. I also shoot with a Truball Copperhead release for hunting , and a Carter Insatiable release for 3-d. My wife also shoots a very similar setup with the difference being her poundage 50lb and her choice of rest is the cobra drop away, and her arrows are a special order by our local pro shop dont even recall the brand. She hunts and shoots 3-d also.She uses a standard caliper release.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #42
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
i ordered a new sting for my bow 3 weeks ago..... grrr... still not here!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #43
Florida Redneck
thunter_3 is on a distinguished road

Navy: First Class Petty Officer (Avation Ordnanceman)
thunter_3's Tacoma Gallery
I hunt with an old browning mirage. Great older bow. Do alot of hunting with it here in eastern Virginia.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #44
bhtyler10 is on a distinguished road

bhtyler10's Tacoma Gallery
Bowhunting is my passion. Shoot alot in my backyard and at archery shops if you call that target shooting.
P.S. got a new hoyt alphamax 32 for christmas
Old 01-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #45
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhtyler10 View Post
Bowhunting is my passion. Shoot alot in my backyard and at archery shops if you call that target shooting.
P.S. got a new hoyt alphamax 32 for christmas
sweet! you need to come up to pa and do some 3d shooting someday!!! we have like 5 3d shoots in my hometown...
Old 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
sweet! you need to come up to pa and do some 3d shooting someday!!! we have like 5 3d shoots in my hometown...
Sounds fun, but PA is a long way from Texas
Old 01-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #47

Quote:
Sounds fun, but PA is a long way from Texas
yeah its a trip for shure!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #48

Quote:
yeah its a trip for shure!
I never really like Hoyt b/c they were too heavy for me. I like a lighter shorter a to a bow. But this hoyt shoots like a dream.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #49

Quote:
I never really like Hoyt b/c they were too heavy for me. I like a lighter shorter a to a bow. But this hoyt shoots like a dream.
I used to shoot hoyt... but for the last five years i have been with mathews...love them
Old 01-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #50

Quote:
I used to shoot hoyt... but for the last five years i have been with mathews...love them
matthews are really nice.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #51
You're dumber than stupid.
garage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nice

garage_monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I shoot a hand me down PSE Nova, but the guys i hunt with all shoot Mathew's and love them. Looking to upgrade to a Mathew's soon. Shoot Goldtip's with 75 gr. Muzzy 3-blades.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by garage_monkey View Post
I shoot a hand me down PSE Nova, but the guys i hunt with all shoot Mathew's and love them. Looking to upgrade to a Mathew's soon. Shoot Goldtip's with 75 gr. Muzzy 3-blades.
Shoot the Hoyt alphamax first. I gurantee you will love it. Its fast, quiet, and lightweight.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #53
blackbetty28 has a brilliant futureblackbetty28 has a brilliant futureblackbetty28 has a brilliant futureblackbetty28 has a brilliant futureblackbetty28 has a brilliant futureblackbetty28 has a brilliant futureblackbetty28 has a brilliant futureblackbetty28 has a brilliant futureblackbetty28 has a brilliant futureblackbetty28 has a brilliant futureblackbetty28 has a brilliant future
blackbetty28's Tacoma Gallery
Big Bowhunter, And shoot as many 3-D tourny's as possible. Hoyt-Powertech
Old 02-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #54

still no string its been..... its been 4 weeks now!!!! im gonna go nuts!
Old 02-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #55
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
Bowhunter here as well!
I shoot a Mathews SQ2 w/carbon express maximas topped off with slick tricks.
Use a Scotts little bitty goose release.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #56
TW Addict
Y0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to all

Army: (01/2006-07/2009)B 2-44 ADA 101st Airbone Air Assault Division
Name: Zac
Y0TA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Y0TA
a few years ago i did both. hunting with a bow IMO is way better than any other type of hunting. way more challenging. target shooting as fun too, but i went through way too many carbons.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:08 AM   #57

Finally got my new string! here is a pic of me at my buddies house shooting,
Old 02-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #58
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Nothin beats the sound of a broadhead splittin the skin on a buck! Yeah I bowhunt. Hoyt Stryker
Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #59
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finally got my new string! here is a pic of me at my buddies house shooting,
sweet backdrop for a little indoor shooting............glad that string finally showed up man.

Nice form there.........just don't lock that elbow
Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #60
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
dammit!! i cant wait to get my new bear done deal or truth2.............cant make up my mind yet.....................but im gonna get it before too long. im still gonna keep my pse as backup.........but those bears are just sweet bows!! and i gotta find some land to lease this year or something.......................with the family bs that happened.......................no where to hunt for me this year!

Products Discussed in this Thread