LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Flashlights

Old 09-21-2013, 05:20 AM   #41
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
^ in an emergency situation like a storm or other natural disaster batteries are the first thing to sell out. So i buy cr123 in bulk.. Keep them in several areas. And dont worry abou them. Yea. Maybe in a real world setting alkeline batteries are better.. But when shit hits the fan. Both will be hard to find. And i can buy a ton of cr123 an they will store for a long time.
That's basically how I am. I got sick of pulling new alkalines out of a box only to have them be DOA, so I standardized to CR123. I'm not a flashlight collector, but I have 3 or 4 gun mounted lights, 3 or 4 flashlights and an EOTech that all take them. I throw a box of 12 in with an occasional order and mark the purchase date on the box. It's the same concept as building a larder. Now I have enough batteries to last years and don't need to worry about them going bad as long as I use them FIFO.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #42
Petrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Petrol's Tacoma Gallery
For long term storage the lithium batteries are hard to beat. I can't argue with the logic of storing a supply CR123 batteries. The key is having access to that supply. I see a lot of people that lose 95% of their "kit" when they get separated from their home or vehicle. In most emergency situations there is still a large dependence on rechargeable batteries (radios, cell phones, flashlights, etc.) and that works fine if you have the means and time to recharge (or swap out) those items. A solar panel, generator, command post with power; even a operable vehicle will generally be available. I like the commonality of standard batteries but I acknowledge the limitations of their shelf life.

The best flashlight definition I've ever heard:

Flashlight - A metal tube used to store dead batteries !
Old 09-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #43
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol View Post
For long term storage the lithium batteries are hard to beat. I can't argue with the logic of storing a supply CR123 batteries. The key is having access to that supply. I see a lot of people that lose 95% of their "kit" when they get separated from their home or vehicle. In most emergency situations there is still a large dependence on rechargeable batteries (radios, cell phones, flashlights, etc.) and that works fine if you have the means and time to recharge (or swap out) those items. A solar panel, generator, command post with power; even a operable vehicle will generally be available. I like the commonality of standard batteries but I acknowledge the limitations of their shelf life.

The best flashlight definition I've ever heard:

Flashlight - A metal tube used to store dead batteries !
Lol on the dead batteries. I've ruined many lights by leaving them in a vehicle with batteries in them for a year.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #44
iliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
iliketurtles's Tacoma Gallery
Mag-lite makes an LED XL50 that I like. $30 and it runs off of AAAs.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #45
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
Got this for Christmas and I love it but I have nothing else to compare it to. I have an Ozark (200 lumas) almost the same size I had for awhile but wanted something different. Now to try another small flashlight approximately the same size and brightness. Any suggestions? I really like small lights that put out a lot of light.
Question concerning batteries: Is CR123A the same as CR123? I want to make sure it will work for my light.
Attached Thumbnails
Flashlights-image.jpg  
Old 02-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #47
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...sale-more.html

flashlight for sale at the end of the first post
looks like a large light. looking for a smaller one approximately the size of the one PD35.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #48
ssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ssanders2211's Tacoma Gallery
I got one of these in Amazon for $3.50, figured it was crap but gave it a shot anyway cause it was so cheap. It came in a month later and I'm impressed, ordered 3 more to scatter around the house and truck. 1 AA battery puts out a lot of light, construction feels fairly solid, lasts about as long as the old AA mini maglites. I also got the new AA LED mini mag for 5x more but these little guys are way better :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GH2AS4I
Old 03-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #49
doc1911 is on a distinguished road
Army:
doc1911's Tacoma Gallery
Fenix lights. The best flashlight out there bar none. You can get them on AA or AAA. They have adjustable settings and are designed the stand up or unscrew to be a lantern. They are good enough to get my unit to ditch the Surefire and go the Fenix
Old 03-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #50
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
My SS got me a rigid halo torch. It is a great light but rigid has lost their damn mind. 99.99 for this light is so far over shot no wonder most people over look it. I have a Ultralight from ebay for 19.99 that I promise you you cannot find a difference in minus the labels on the light and the battery label. Same charge same white box same lanyard. Same internals. Same brightness. I have that one attached to my shotgun and the rigid light in the door of the tacoma. I love the light my SS got me. Just wish rigid wasn't the same things I can get online for a fraction. of the cost.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #51
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Same lens?
Old 03-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #53
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Huh. Weird. I can def tell the diff between by cheapies and my good lights.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #54
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
I will do a side by side this week sometime. It honestly really is ridiculous the only difference I can find is 2 things. The labels and the halo heats up really bad after about 10-15 minutes of continuous use on high.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #55
Bad Spuller

Halo is the "better" light correct?