Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Which stock should i buy?

Old 01-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #21
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
I'm lost on who favors what...

Old 01-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
I'm lost on who favors what...

Molly prefers folding stocks.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #23
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
One of the problems with #2 is that the stock has no angle to it therefore you can not get a low enough cheek-weld to see the sights. Which may not be a big deal to some but it is to me.
i have this stock...and i dont have a problem getting my cheek low enough to see the sights on my 500
Old 01-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #24
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i have this stock...and i dont have a problem getting my cheek low enough to see the sights on my 500
I sure did. That's one reason it's gone.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #26
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That looks pretty cool. I've not handled that one yet.

maybe we ought to take a trip over to the gun club and see if they have one.

I doubt Cabelas has one.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #28
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma trip to the gun club??? IM IN!!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #30
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i would think the one with the thumb hole would have the same issues with reaching the safety as a pistol grip...
Old 01-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #31
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i would think the one with the thumb hole would have the same issues with reaching the safety as a pistol grip...
Yeah, I guess it will on a Mossberg...but not on a Remington. But that doesn't help Brian i suppose.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:24 AM   #32
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-26-2009, 04:36 AM   #33
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Tacoma trip to the gun club??? IM IN!!!!
Quote:
Sounds good to me.

pick a date and a time fellas.

Quote:

I dont have a problem with getting my thumb on the safety on my 500.

Quote:
Yeah, I guess it will on a Mossberg...but not on a Remington. But that doesn't help Brian i suppose.

wait....what?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:16 AM   #34
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, but;
1. It's effing expensive
2. I don't shoot heavy loads for fun
3. Recoil is not felt when
a. you are hunting, say ducks, with 3.5" shells or
b. you are shooting buckshot at a BG.

So, I don't really see the need. But a lot of folks are happy with it.

OK.

My philosophy is almost exclusively self defense shooting. So I shoot full power high brass 00 buck and lots of it.

Also, my take is buy once, cry once.

Hope you find what you want.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #35
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Quote:
wait....what?
I was admiring that stock but it will only be practical for a Remington shotty because of the position of the safety on the Remington is next to the trigger. Being as the Mossberg safety is up on the receiver, that stock isn't as practical as a regular stock or even the pistol grip you have now. But I still think it's cool.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #36
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
OK.

My philosophy is almost exclusively self defense shooting. So I shoot full power high brass 00 buck and lots of it.

Also, my take is buy once, cry once.

Hope you find what you want.
Me? I'm good bro. My shotguns are at the ready. I might have tried most all of the stocks out there but at least I know what works the best for me; which are the factory stocks.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #37
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
pick a date and a time fellas.

I dont have a problem with getting my thumb on the safety on my 500.

wait....what?
you dont have a problem currently because you have a pistol grip only correct?

when you add a stock behind that it makes it difficult to hit the safety switch on a mossberg as you have to almost totally release your grip on the pistol grip...

im not keen on having to do that and i wasnt thinking about that at the time when i purchased mine...

with a regular stock like the speed feed one i suggested...your thumb will already be on top of the stock and make clicking the safety super easy
Old 01-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #38
SUPMO72 is on a distinguished road

SUPMO72's Tacoma Gallery
Knoxx all the way. It cost alittle more but oh well, it works great..