1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Home defense

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by MTBerJim, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Dec 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    Failure2Comply

Failure2Comply Old HVACR Tech

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia, USA
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Off Road TRD/SR5
    If you are not VERY familiar with firearms seek out some professional training before deciding on your choice. In a highly stressed situation unless you are very competent with your firearm and practiced, you might just shoot a friendly, not the foe. Over penetration can be a real problem with interior hollow walls.

2. Dec 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    GWinstead

GWinstead Well-Known Member

Member:
    OP: I'm a VietNam combat veteran. Multiple gun owner. i spend many days hunting, many hours at the range, shooting for fun. I have a concealed carry permit (Never do carry; that would say I go through life frightened and I do not- makes it easier for me to buy a new sporting arm if I wish). All that said, all my firearms are locked safe away, ammo separate.

Wanna be safe? Flood lights around your home (generator for elect. backup). Better locks and doors that can take a beating. An intercom and peephole at the door. Pepper spray near the door. Panic button for your alarm system. You really don't sound like a guy, judging from your first post, that really wants to shoot it out with anyone. I commend you for that.

I have my doubts about the many posters here encouraging you to arm yourself. Real world/real situation practice that would do these guys any good? At the range, at night, a .45, having had a doctor give them a shot of synthetic adreniline beforehand. Having the target rushing towards them. Get back to me with the results.

3. Dec 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    small dogs make better early warning pets. if the drug cartels ever get away from the pitbull image and get chihuahuas..man, cops will need to rethink their entry plans.

i like a shotgun for my home defense. my wife can shoot it. i am gonna buy a tactical (hate that word) shotgun. a double barrel! mostly for fun. i also have 9mm and 45's at the ready. my wife is a fantastic shooter with the sig226. almost scary good.

Products Discussed in

To Top