Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Home defense

Old 12-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #81
diesel30 is on a distinguished road

diesel30's Tacoma Gallery
first I have one of these. he's 3 1/2 years old and weighs in @ 105 lbs and is cage free 24/7 inside the house.

then my second option is this in .45 compact variant.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #82
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
If you are not VERY familiar with firearms seek out some professional training before deciding on your choice. In a highly stressed situation unless you are very competent with your firearm and practiced, you might just shoot a friendly, not the foe. Over penetration can be a real problem with interior hollow walls.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #83
GWinstead is on a distinguished road
Army:
GWinstead's Tacoma Gallery
OP: I'm a VietNam combat veteran. Multiple gun owner. i spend many days hunting, many hours at the range, shooting for fun. I have a concealed carry permit (Never do carry; that would say I go through life frightened and I do not- makes it easier for me to buy a new sporting arm if I wish). All that said, all my firearms are locked safe away, ammo separate.

Wanna be safe? Flood lights around your home (generator for elect. backup). Better locks and doors that can take a beating. An intercom and peephole at the door. Pepper spray near the door. Panic button for your alarm system. You really don't sound like a guy, judging from your first post, that really wants to shoot it out with anyone. I commend you for that.

I have my doubts about the many posters here encouraging you to arm yourself. Real world/real situation practice that would do these guys any good? At the range, at night, a .45, having had a doctor give them a shot of synthetic adreniline beforehand. Having the target rushing towards them. Get back to me with the results.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #84
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
small dogs make better early warning pets. if the drug cartels ever get away from the pitbull image and get chihuahuas..man, cops will need to rethink their entry plans.

i like a shotgun for my home defense. my wife can shoot it. i am gonna buy a tactical (hate that word) shotgun. a double barrel! mostly for fun. i also have 9mm and 45's at the ready. my wife is a fantastic shooter with the sig226. almost scary good.