Notices

Thoughts on SKS Rifles?

View Poll Results: Buy them or leave them
Buy 54 62.79%
Leave 32 37.21%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #61
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
I loved my SKS, great hog gun. If I found another one that is a decent price, I will jump on it.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #62
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Well gents thank you very much for the input. I took it all into consideration, especially the price thing, seeing as how a friend of mine bought one of these a few years ago for $120, yet prices on guns are on the rise, so what can you do. I looked, fired over 40 rounds from each gun and now they are in my truck i'll be taking some pics in a bit. As soon as my negibhors go in their home as I don't like all the yong'uns knowing what I have. Oh I did get the 2 guns for $400.

You did well. The SKS is not one of my favorites, but they are reliable and chambered for a decent mid-range cartridge. If you need a economical hide-away rifle a SKS or two with a case of ammo or more is hard to beat and still be about the price of a single AR15 with no ammo.

That said, I like my AR15. Whatever you prefer lay in a good stock of ammo for it. A couple cases of 1,000 rounds is a good start. Handguns and rifles are nice, but they are just deadweight without ammo, stock up!