Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Help with scope options.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #21
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
Thanks for all the responses.. I have been looking at the leupold scope Rifleman 4- 12x 40mm. It is not too expensive and I think it would be a great deer slaying scope.

Has anyone had experience with this one?
Yes.
Do not buy a Leupold Rifleman.
The are way below Nikon standards.
Actually, nothing below VX-II is worth buying.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #22
RDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: FF/EMT
Name: Chad
RDNK TAZ's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Mossberg 270 with a Leupold Rifleman 3x9 40. Missed a great opportunity when the big 8 came out. I could see him through my binoculars but not the Leupold. Sold the gun and scope and I got myself a Remington 700 270. Like you I wanted something that would bring in more light without busting the bank. I went with a Votrex diamonback 3.5x10 50. All I will say is forget all those high priced scopes. I can see well after the sun has gone down and pull off at least a 150 yard shot with no problem. I paid a little over $200 for it. Well worth the money.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #23
300rem7 will become famous soon enough

Navy: SSBN 738 (G) Missile Tech
300rem7's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.riflescopes.com

Lots of good information.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #24
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNK TAZ View Post
I had a Mossberg 270 with a Leupold Rifleman 3x9 40. Missed a great opportunity when the big 8 came out. I could see him through my binoculars but not the Leupold. Sold the gun and scope and I got myself a Remington 700 270. Like you I wanted something that would bring in more light without busting the bank. I went with a Votrex diamonback 3.5x10 50. All I will say is forget all those high priced scopes. I can see well after the sun has gone down and pull off at least a 150 yard shot with no problem. I paid a little over $200 for it. Well worth the money.
Just took a look at the Vortex mentioned here.
Decent FOV, and 50mm lens, at a decent price.
May be worth trying! ????

I myself have some "OLD" Tasco's, W/BDC. They are just as good as any scope costing 3 & 4 times the price. They hold 0, are very clear, and while hunting Maine, in snow, sleet, rain, cold, they never fogged up. Only problem is, they're about 35-40 yrs old and can't be fixed, or replaced. I think Bushnell bought them out.
Then I bought a newer Tasco World Class 3x9x40 for a Muzzleloader, what a piece of junk, ended up returning it.
They can make a good cheaper scope, if they want to!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #25
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300rem7 View Post
http://www.riflescopes.com

Lots of good information.
You mean the Opticstalk forum.
Lots of good info....Caution--Leupold lovers will be butthurt learning the truth.