Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Autozone Employee Fired for Confronting Robber w/ Gun (vid)

Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Autozone Employee Fired for Confronting Robber w/ Gun (vid)

...this one is kinda tricky, ...the employee retreated to safety (i.e. his vehicle), to retreive his weapon and go back...

http://wtkr.com/2012/11/30/autozone-...-beard-bandit/
Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Eh. I guess it wasn't the best idea to go and get the gun and come back inside. But I feel like corporate should make an exception, and give him a warning about it or something. Oh well

On another note, your video let me to this.
http://wtkr.com/2012/11/26/newschann...nto-apartment/
Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Corporate policy is universally "Give them what they want"
Nothing in that store is worth an employee's life or injury.

If you are carrying while working (and corporate allows it), then you might be in the clear on a "good shoot", but if it's a matter of handing over some cash or merchandise, corporate will always side with the "safest" route.

In this case... once out of the store, he was "safe" and unless there were other employees who were in immediate danger, returning with the gun would not be a "good shoot"... so he'd be in trouble both with corporate and the law (in most states).
Old 12-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Corporate policy is universally "Give them what they want"
Nothing in that store is worth an employee's life or injury.

If you are carrying while working (and corporate allows it), then you might be in the clear on a "good shoot", but if it's a matter of handing over some cash or merchandise, corporate will always side with the "safest" route.

In this case... once out of the store, he was "safe" and unless there were other employees who were in immediate danger, returning with the gun would not be a "good shoot"... so he'd be in trouble both with corporate and the law (in most states).
He's a complete idiot.
If me and my kid were in that store and the hillbilly hero decided to come in all gangsta style and bullets started flying, I'd want to neutralize both of them.
Absolutely stupid.
Perfect example of bravado overriding intelligence.
What if you were across the street, completely unaware, and a stray bullet found you?
Dumbass.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Alex (Emilenhoweveryouspellhis lastname)
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
emelianenkov's Tacoma Gallery
Let the police deal with it. My work has no security cameras, but I always carry a knife on me for the stray drunk/stoner who gets a little out of hand. Never have I had a need to use the knife in defense, only for boxes. But there are too many stupid people in this world.

I'd never use a gun though because there are too many variables and lots of potential innocent targets depending on the amount of customers, neighboring buildings, or passers by.

Stupid.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
He's a complete idiot.
If me and my kid were in that store and the hillbilly hero decided to come in all gangsta style and bullets started flying, I'd want to neutralize both of them.
Absolutely stupid.
Perfect example of bravado overriding intelligence.
What if you were across the street, completely unaware, and a stray bullet found you?
Dumbass.
exactly!!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
the video clip only seems like part of the story, like information is missing.