Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Possible new to me AR-15

Old 12-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Possible new to me AR-15

I was offered to buy an AR-15 sport through a co-worker of my wife's. He is offering me the rifle ( with 3-400 rounds through it), a case, cleaning kit, 400 rounds of ammo, sling, red/green dot optics, collapsable stock, and a few other things for $725. I have never had an AR-15 so i have no idea if this is a decent price or if he is gouging me. Any advise on it?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
no he did bring it over last night for me to look at, it was impressive, but I have not really been around them all that much
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
Apricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lcpl, 3/8 & 3rd FAST
Name: Henry
Apricotshot's Tacoma Gallery
Considering you can get better name brands for the same price brand new I'd pass. IMO
Old 12-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
I was offered to buy an AR-15 sport through a co-worker of my wife's. He is offering me the rifle ( with 3-400 rounds through it), a case, cleaning kit, 400 rounds of ammo, sling, red/green dot optics, collapsable stock, and a few other things for $725. I have never had an AR-15 so i have no idea if this is a decent price or if he is gouging me. Any advise on it?
Do you mean a Colt AR15 Sporter?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This all depends on brand of ar and optic. Could be a screaming deal or a terrible one.

If it's coming with a $30 red dot, that part of it isn't even worth your time.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
Considering you can get better name brands for the same price brand new I'd pass. IMO
Where does it say what brand it is? And, as far as I know, there is very few ARs out there for just over $700.00.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #10
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It is a Smith and Wesson like this one .
What's the optic? If I were you, that would determine whether I buy it or not.

if it's actually a decent optic, as in $100+ from a reputable brand, I'd consider it. If its a TruGlo POS you can get on amazon for $40, I'd pass.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
What's the optic? If I were you, that would determine whether I buy it or not.

if it's actually a decent optic, as in $100+ from a reputable brand, I'd consider it. If its a TruGlo POS you can get on amazon for $40, I'd pass.
This is prolly correct. The RDS can be $30.00 or $300.00+, case price can vary greatly, cleaning kit isn't worth much, nor is the sling (again depending). The ammo is the only given, ammo is outrageous in price at this time, 400 rds prolly worth a couple hundred. Depends on the quality of the components. The ammo kinda tips the scales IMO.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #12
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
if its the smith and wesson, there just under $700 new.

If you can get it for $700, that would be a great deal.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Who is the scope's manufacturer, Vortex? And who makes the ammo, Wolf? And most important, what do you plan to use this rifle for, plinking, carbine courses?