Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Help me Choose a new Compound Bow

Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
Help me Choose a new Compound Bow

It's time to upgrade. I haven't had the time to shop around or do my research, so give me ideas for a starting point! I'm looking for a fast, quiet, and conistent bow to hunt whitetail. Tell me what bow you have, or which badass bow you wish you had. Thanks
Old 12-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
so are you a treestand guy?

if i had my way..i would buy a 2013 ELite Hunter to replace my mathews Z7
Old 12-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Walker is on a distinguished road
Name: Walker
Walker's Tacoma Gallery
Kodiak Outdoors has decent bows at a decent price, i have Kodiak Outdoor Titan 32" thats 6 years old now and havent had any problems
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
so are you a treestand guy?

if i had my way..i would buy a 2013 ELite Hunter to replace my mathews Z7
Yep. Cool thanks, i'll check it out
Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
nomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trevor
nomad_archer's Tacoma Gallery
Well with your requirements there are alot of options out there. I shoot hoyt but I havnt been in the market for awhile.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
bucktales has a spectacular aura aboutbucktales has a spectacular aura about

bucktales's Tacoma Gallery
I'm happy with my Bowtech Assassin.
Compact, light,shoots great, and good up in the trees.
About $650. All rigged up, ready to go.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
No one really thinks about it, but Parker makes some good bows. I can stick two arrows together at 30 yards, consistantly.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucktales View Post
I'm happy with my Bowtech Assassin.
Compact, light,shoots great, and good up in the trees.
About $650. All rigged up, ready to go.
i'm not a hunter but I have an Assassin and I love it
Old 12-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #10
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
join archerytalk.com and look in the classifieds there. i will never buy a new bow again, there are people that get a new one every year, and sell theirs on there for 25% to 35% off retail cost. sometimes with stuff on them. i have gotten 2 elements off there for what one would cost new out the door new with tax almost.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #12
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
^What he said.

Go try and see what fits best for you. I tried a Hoyt and Bowtech, both were nice, however I have nothing to offer that's substantial.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #13
speyguy is on a distinguished road
speyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Add one more to the list.
I really enjoy shooting my New Breed Eclipse. New Breed makes a hell of a bow, and they are good people to deal with.
Its a 35in ATA bow but I have no issues hunting out of a hub style pop-up ground blind with it. Not the fastest bow out there (335ish fps, which is not slow LOL) but speed is useless without accuracy IMO!
The bow is equally at home hunting or on the target range, do all bow.

Lot of good bows to chose from, best advice I could give is shoot before you buy. The right bow will find you, anything we say is subjective to us.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #14
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speyguy View Post
but speed is useless without accuracy IMO!

Just had to quote this. No point in doing 350-400fps if you miss.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
I shoot a Martin. I'm happy with it buy dad shoots a Matthews and he loves. I just can't see spendin the money on a Matthews though
Old 12-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #16
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Just had to quote this. No point in doing 350-400fps if you miss.
hahah..but the deer will be damn impressed!!

i like mathews, but with my hurt shoulder, i need a more gentle valley. bottom line i need a bow that is easier to hold at full draw for a longer period.

i will give up speed. done.

good luck with the search..they all pretty much kickass these days.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #17
FYI,, that new Mission flagship bow is making great waves. inexpensive, and fast.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #18

Well its been about a year since I last looked at this thread. I went to my local bow shop a few days ago and shot a couple different bows and I walked out with the Bowtech Assassin. Awesome bow, I love it so far, thanks for the recommendations!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #19
Pearcem87 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
Pearcem87's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! The assassin was my first bow, and I love it. Great mix of performance and price, and it shoots great. Have fun!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearcem87 View Post
Nice! The assassin was my first bow, and I love it. Great mix of performance and price, and it shoots great. Have fun!
I'm definitely going to upgrade the rest, i have a pretty nice sight that I might change out too. Any other upgrades worth while? I want to make it as quiet as possible