Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Holsters for EDC?

Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Holsters for EDC?

I am in the process of getting my CCW license, and plan on carrying a Glock 23, but I need help picking out a good holster. Anyone use a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe? That's the one I have been looking at, but I want to know what my other options are, So any other suggestions?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
CB is a great holster.
My 26 goes completely stealth and it is very comfortable.

I'm not familiar with the Deluxe... mine is about 5 years old.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://n82tactical.com/
Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Shtfgear.com great holsters and super comfortable. I carry my 1911 regularly with it
Old 12-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
I have a drawer of holsters as many pistol owners do but I keep going back to my Crossbreed Supertuck over my Minotaur MTAC Holster for my Kahr PM9 and my H&K P2000SK. They just seem to distribute the load better than most for IWB carry. It takes a little while for the leather to fully break-in but afterwards they are worth the effort. The other favorite is my Milt Spark's VMII for my Colt 1911. For OWB my Raven Concealment is my favorite. For a nice quick OWB kydex I prefer Comp-Tac paddle holsters.

You will discover that finding the right holsters for you is just as much of a journey as the pistols are. If I could go back and do my gun purchasing over I would shoot many to find out what I SHOOT the best, not what feels good in my hand or looks nice. Then I would buy two of them, one for carry, and one for back-up and spend the money saved on ammo, more ammo, and lots of professional training. Good luck on YOUR journey.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
ditto on the "drawer of holsters" comment

...i've got a supertuck, ...but never wear it,... i found it to be large and bulky, and difficult to put on/remove in close quarters (i.e. like inside a vehicle)...

i've been using a tucker silent thunder (made by garrett ind. now it think...), and it is great - full kydex outer shell, but the inside is lined w/ a thin layer of leather....
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
i used a galco for my full size sig when i was in tac doing plain clothes stuff. love that holter never knew it was there. very comfortable and you could never tell i had a gun, even full size
Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
ive had a delux and a micro. both were top notch.