Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

POLL: Are Gun Sales Driven by Speculation of Gun Control Legislation

View Poll Results: Does speculation of gun control legislation increase gun sales?
Yes 80 0.08%
No 6 0.01%
No opinion 2 0.00%
rabble rabble 95,681 99.91%
Voters: 95769. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #21
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
If I could get a ccw, I sure as shit would
are you just not old enough?

Old 12-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #22
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
any commodity is subject to basic supply versus demand..economics 101. what drives the demand is much less important..legislation, some bad storm season, etc.

if somebody announces steel for making guns was going to be in short supply..the same thing would happen. just like if a bad winter froze the nations orange orchards.

dont over think it.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #23
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
I already own several weapons, one of which is on a proposed ban list
Is it the same ban list as the one proposed in 2008? or did they add some new items?

Old 12-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #24
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
I was on the fence about it and then someone was reelected so i figured I would go ahead and buy one.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #25
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
any commodity is subject to basic supply versus demand..economics 101. what drives the demand is much less important..legislation, some bad storm season, etc.

if somebody announces steel for making guns was going to be in short supply..the same thing would happen. just like if a bad winter froze the nations orange orchards.

dont over think it.
I wish more people thought like this, there are too many people that over think too many things...

Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #26
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post
The tragic events over the past weeks have me worried. I need to to come up with $650 bucks. $500 for a semi-auto handgun and $150 for my CWP. I own about ten rifles and shotguns but I've never owned a handgun. I don't want to hide under a clothing rack at the mall if some nut decides to come in and shoot the place up, I want to be the one that puts a bullet into the back of his head. Chime in and let me know if there are others here that feel the same way.
I guess Mountaineers think alike. You would have to beat me to the first shot!

Old 12-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #27
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
absolutley yes, dad went out and bought a AR-15 and 2 lowers because of the possible consequences of recent happenings.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #28
Shaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shaun
Shaunsquatch's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a gun on Saturday, a few weeks earlier than I had planned, because I believe at a bare minimum large capacity will be banned. So yes, I definitley purchased on speculation.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #29
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
I never had plans to buy an AR. Now that this happened, ( and you should hear the anti-gun batter in my state now) I put in an order for an AR-10 lower.

On the flip side....if congress said, yes, we're banning assault weapons, but we're also repealling the Patriot and NDAA act, plus make it illegal for the Gov to use any US troops against it's people for any reason, then I wouldn't be so worried about it.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #30
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't CT already have an assault weapon ban?

Old 12-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #31
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
(snip) So, I had to wonder...without consideration of actual events, does speculation of restrictive gun control legislation (i.e. restricting actual gun sales or gun types, clip size or ammo tax) drive additional sales. (snip)
Absolutely (and obviously). We're not gun fanatics by any stretch. Despite crime & violence seemingly all around us (co-worker killed at my old job just two days after I quit, etc), the two of us (wife and self) didn't even own guns for much of our lives. We were damn lucky. Regardless, up until a few days ago, we were still satisfied enough with the very few weapons we finally did purchase for self-defense. Buying anything else was, if anything, a vague consideration far on the back burner.

However, the ongoing "ban all guns" rantings, now stepped up considerably, of left-wing legislators in Washington and elsewhere (and liberals in general - it is politics & perhaps more, op) has prompted us to rethink that. Their goal adds one more element to the picture of an overall agenda for this country we feel is contrary to our best interests. We'll be adding to our arsenal of weapons over the next year.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #32
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
lol at the people grabbing guns when certain people get elected or re-elected.

Silly Silly Silly.

Don't believe the inaccurate propaganda.

I still am not worried about future purchases due to the recent happenings.

The legislators don't do crap without someones money in their hand and as far as I know the amount of firearm lobbyists in DC is at an all time high.

From my recent memory I can also not remember any legislation being passed that would affect someones rights over the past 4 years. If anything it has been the exact opposite and rights have been gained.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #33
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I believe gun sales are driven by fear of them becoming banned or what not. Also if you haven't seen it yet...

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-ma...183593571.html

Old 12-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #34
luv gettin in the Taco
Tacomaniacal is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Tacomaniacal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
I never had plans to buy an AR. Now that this happened, ( and you should hear the anti-gun batter in my state now) I put in an order for an AR-10 lower.

On the flip side....if congress said, yes, we're banning assault weapons, but we're also repealling the Patriot and NDAA act, plus make it illegal for the Gov to use any US troops against it's people for any reason, then I wouldn't be so worried about it.
X2 if it wasn't for our corrupt fascist govt and homeland security I would be for certain guns being restricted. I am less scared of some yahoo w/ a gun than my own govt

Old 12-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #35
Crusty ole' conservative fart
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired Master Sergeant
Sullyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
Most of the time one dude with his conceal permit is all it takes to end a tragic situation.

The problem with this is the soft targets don't allow concealed carry even if you're permitted....I have a Virgina CCW but can't carry on school grounds...I'd be just another victem if I happened to be at a school when this happened....

If the law allowed me to carry anywhere I'd be the dude bustin' a cap in the crazoid significantly reducing the amount of casualties....

Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #36
Crusty ole' conservative fart
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired Master Sergeant
Sullyman's Tacoma Gallery
If we don't see an "assault weapons" ban...which would include a considerable amount of weapons, we'll at least see a high capacity mag ban like we did a decade or so ago...something's gonna get banned...

Old 12-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #38
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
I absolutely think these incidents drive the gun control issue. Although I dont tweet, I do have an account and troll it from time to time. Last Friday twitter blew up with gun banning talk.
I have also talked to some of the gun shops I frequent and after Nov. they said there sales doubled at a minimum. If you go to the AR sites that you can order from, most of the parts are "out of stock". Its a cause and effect situation that is happening.
I agree with what many are saying, that guns wont be banned as a whole initially but I do think it is only a matter of time until it happens.
As stated earlier, look at what happened after Katrina, they actually went door to door confiscating weapons of any kind. Everyone seems to forget things like that.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #39
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Great responses!

I enjoy reading the different, if similar themed, responses. So far, the poll is much more lop sided than I anticipated it would be.

Stewartx, Passing right through your town (& I think our first fuel stop) we enjoy a Tennessee River trip on the boat a few times a year. We put in at Pickwick Lake and proceed through the three locks to Guntersville. Some of the log cabins for rent at either Wheeler or Wilson combined with some excellent food & drinks (produced within your state) add to a great local vacation.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #40
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Yeah I already own a handgun and have my necessary permits, but will most likely be purchasing an AR, shotgun, and at least 1-2 more handguns in the near future. I would have made these purchases regardless, but the scare of a ban just expedites my purchase.
I will be buying a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 .223 this weekend. I am not worried that sales of handguns and non-tactical rifles will be too affected when a ban comes into play....

Closed Thread