Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

POLL: Are Gun Sales Driven by Speculation of Gun Control Legislation

View Poll Results: Does speculation of gun control legislation increase gun sales?
Yes 80 0.08%
No 6 0.01%
No opinion 2 0.00%
rabble rabble 95,681 99.91%
Voters: 95769. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
POLL: Are Gun Sales Driven by Speculation of Gun Control Legislation

Please, lets not make this about politics...

The poll is easy, after hearing, listenting and reading all the news stories regarding recent (and tragic) events many are talking gun control.

So, I had to wonder...without consideration of actual events, does speculation of restrictive gun control legislation (i.e. restricting actual gun sales or gun types, clip size or ammo tax) drive additional sales.

In other words, would a story such as the one I've attached encourage you or someone you know to either purchase or consider purchasing either another or first gun.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/th...ban-in-senate/

The story itself is a little crazy as the law maker in question wants to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines in light of the recent school shooting (where, by my understanding, these types of guns were not used).

EDIT: To correct typo

Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Right or wrong, I believe the frenzy they create regarding legislation artificially increases gun sales due to fear of restrictions. So, my answer is yes.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Please, lets not make this about politics...
Good luck with that

Old 12-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
If i didn't already own an ar15 I'd go buy one before the ban

Old 12-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
I voted yes just because I've recently considered buying an AR and the media frenzy certainly gets me considering that soon this potential purchase may increase in difficulty.
However, I'm a rational person and don't feel ready to do so at this time.
But for gun owners "on the fence", sure I think this will spur em to whip out the plastic.

Oh BTW Joe, you can't request to keep politics out of thread when you posted a link to Washington Post discussing exactly that LOL.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
How can a thread about legislation not be about politics?

That's like water without oxygen.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
Taco Sauce
Yota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of light
Yota Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Legislation may drive some sales but I think tragic events like this one make many people realize that they don't want to be victims themselves. Being able to return fire is the only real possibility of bringing an earlier end to "active shooter" situations.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
there were 2 female teachers (grade school iirc) in my ccw class this spring

Old 12-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
http://easybakegunclub.com/news/1943...oncealed-.html

Great article.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the time one dude with his conceal permit is all it takes to end a tragic situation.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up another pistol this weekend. Been sitting on it for months after i sold my 9mm and figured it may be now or never. I already own several weapons, one of which is on a proposed ban list

Old 12-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
I sell guns for a living. And i def see trends in sales of firearms. It the might be cause im in az and we love our guns here.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
The tragic events over the past weeks have me worried. I need to to come up with $650 bucks. $500 for a semi-auto handgun and $150 for my CWP. I own about ten rifles and shotguns but I've never owned a handgun. I don't want to hide under a clothing rack at the mall if some nut decides to come in and shoot the place up, I want to be the one that puts a bullet into the back of his head. Chime in and let me know if there are others here that feel the same way.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #14

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
How can a thread about legislation not be about politics?

That's like water without oxygen.
My hope is people will only consider rather or not people would buy or consider buying based on legislation. Not to debate the legislation itself.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
without naming names, as soon as a president was elected, all the ffl dealers I know sold out of black rifles.

and 5.56/.223.

People were buying entire shippments of 5.56 before the store would put them out on the shelf.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #16
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post
The tragic events over the past weeks have me worried. I need to to come up with $650 bucks. $500 for a semi-auto handgun and $150 for my CWP. I own about ten rifles and shotguns but I've never owned a handgun. I don't want to hide under a clothing rack at the mall if some nut decides to come in and shoot the place up, I want to be the one that puts a bullet into the back of his head. Chime in and let me know if there are others here that feel the same way.
I never want to be the person that "has to" but there is a reason I got my concealed carry permit as soon as I turned 21. I don't know who/what I may have to defend myself from when/where/why, but I like knowing I can if I must.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #17
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I already own a handgun and have my necessary permits, but will most likely be purchasing an AR, shotgun, and at least 1-2 more handguns in the near future. I would have made these purchases regardless, but the scare of a ban just expedites my purchase.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #18
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i wish i could get my Cwp i think everyone should have it personally...

Old 12-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #19

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Best case scenario above: diffused a shooter with his Glock without firing a shot.

Closed Thread