Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Oregon Shooter Confronted at Mall

Old 12-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Oregon Shooter Confronted at Mall

SatansLittleHelper3 hours ago
    • [URL="http://disqus.com/embed/comments/?f=cnn&t_i=%2F2012%2F12%2F17%2Fus%2Foregon-mall-shooting%2Findex.html&t_u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com %2F2012%2F12%2F17%2Fus%2Foregon-mall-shooting%2Findex.html&t_t=Oregon%20mall%20shooter% 20had%20sold%20belongings%2#"]Flag as inappropriate
The REAL STORY:
A gun-toting civilian saved lives by confronting a deranged man on a
shooting spree at a Portland, Oregon shopping mall last week,
confounding a progressive narrative calling for the banning of firearms.
Nick Meli, 22, was at the Clackamas Town Center last Wednesday with a friend and her baby when a masked man opened fire.
“I heard three shots and turned and looked at Casey and said, ‘are you serious?,’” Meli told local television news station KGW.
After securing his friend and her baby, Meli, a former security guard at the mall, drew his gun and went to confront the man.
When shooter Jacob Roberts stopped his assault to deal with a jammed
gun, Meli came out and drew down on him. The two made eye contact.
Shooter Jacob Roberts
Meli, who has a Concealed Carry permit for his weapon, did not fire
on Roberts after seeing someone behind the target. If he missed hitting
Roberts, he could have hit the civilian in the background. Meli stands
by that decision.
“I’m not beating myself up cause I didn’t shoot him,” he explained.
“I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he
used on himself.”
Roberts turned the gun on himself after seeing Meli, the only shot
fired after being confronted. While two people were killed in the
rampage, it could have been more had Meli not been there with his own
weapon.
The incident, although reported by local Oregon media, was not
included in the narrative reported by national media outlets that
covered the tragic incident.

------I just read this posting from a story on CNN and pasted it here. I have not heard about this on the news.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Nor will you hear that on the news, unless maybe on Fox News.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Good for him. We need more people like that.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
mak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
This should be on the national news!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
This is a good read.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybel...ntrol-lobby/2/