LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

AR-15 Sales

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
AR-15 Sales

So I saw on a few other threads and some other places that Dicks Sporting goods, wal mart, cheaperthandirt.com, and a few other places have suspended the sale of AR-15 rifles.

Now I've got a part time job behind the gun counter at bass pro, and we have completely sold out of AR's, and our distributor is completely out of any manufacturers AR. Most magazines are/AR parts are sold out, I worked all weekend and it has been more than insane compared to the "normal" holiday weekend. And from what I can tell most "tactical" websites are the same

Old 12-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe the talk of gun control laws are just a way of stimulating the economy...

touche mr. president...

Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
Maybe the talk of gun control laws are just a way of stimulating the economy...

touche mr. president...
Sales were rising before the election, and spiked shortly after.

NRA and a few other groups sent out their usual paranoid spam emails indicating that the UN treaty thing was once again on the table, and shortly after that Dianne and Obama were taking another serious look at another AWB.
That had sales through the roof even before the tragic events of last week in OR and CT.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
haven't heard anything confirming that walmart did that...?...

...the thing about these EBRs is, ...they're pretty much "mainstream"... if i go to the range on a weekend, half the folks there are shooting some kind of EBR..... AR-15s have been around since what, ...the 1960s for goodness sakes...

Old 12-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post

...the thing about these EBRs is, ...they're pretty much "mainstream"... if i go to the range on a weekend, half the folks there are shooting some kind of EBR..... AR-15s have been around since what, ...the 1960s for goodness sakes...
yahoo news had a article saying that wally world took it off the website but they still sell it in stores.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
My friend works at the local cabela's. She told me they sold out of all their ARs the other day. Looks like everything everywhere is sold out.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post

Even here in California.

Once the banned list was locked down and off-list lowers became available, "featureless" builds started showing up. When it was legally justified that a fixed-magazine configuration was satisfied with the "bullet button", fully featured builds began to dominate.
Every trip to the range, there are dozens of AR and AK pattern rifles including at least a couple of AR-10 pattern.

Another ban would be hugely complicated to have any effect.
Outright confiscation would be shot down by the courts in an hour.
Forced sale would likewise by shot down quickly.
So we'd be left with the 1994 situation... no new sales, and registration of existing.

A new registration window would in many ways be highly beneficial to Californians.
Right now, my "featured" AR is legal with a fixed magazine (bullet button) and limited to 10 rounds.
My "featureless" is legal with a detachable magazine, and no magazine capacity limit.

If I were to be able to register them as AWs, I would be able to remove the bullet button, and run both, fully featured, with my legal pre-ban high caps.

The negatives of a new registration window is that there are tighter transport and destination requirements for RAWs. Today, I can toss either of my rifles behind the seat and carry them 24/7. As RAW, they would need to be transported in a locked case, and only to or from the range or specific legal shooting area.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I was attempting to find a DPMS .308.. managed to find! It was tough though. Everywhere is sold out.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The wal-mart here still sells them, had about 4 two days ago.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
uhmmmar15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Uhmmm
uhmmmar15's Tacoma Gallery
The AR15 I have is a good investment? Should I sell mine at a time like this? Could I maybe get triple of what its worth right now?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Maybe... if you don't want to have one if they ban them and would rather have the money. You may be be able to double your money. Maybe.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #13
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Can someone explain to an idiot like me what the big draw to the ar 15 is. Yes it is cool but aren't there plenty of other semi auto rifles available in the same caliber?
That's why the AWB is asinine.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can someone explain to an idiot like me what the big draw to the ar 15 is. Yes it is cool but aren't there plenty of other semi auto rifles available in the same caliber?
because 'mericuh

Old 12-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #15
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Clearly you missed the idiot part.
The only thing the AWB does is prohibit weapons based on what they look like.

The MILLIONS of magazines already out there become extremely expensive for some reason, and the criminals have a field day because most people are ignorant of the actual law and voluntarily disarm themselves.

So it's basically a waste of time to hinder American's rights for legislation that effectively does nothing.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #16
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevAdam View Post
That's why the AWB is asinine.
Agreed.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #17

Quote:
It's modular, the controls are very good compared to many other rifles, and theres a huge supply of readily available parts and aftermarket goodies. Not to mention accurate and reliable. And of course it comes in a multitude of calibers but the main one is a NATO cal and it's relatively cheap, well mostly. Plus it's used by our armed forces (sort of) and people like to mimic.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #18
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
So if you have an "unregistered " AR before a hypothetical gun ban on new sales, they would make you get it registered to keep it?

Old 12-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #19
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Since just about every "gun ban" or "CT tragedy" has been closed, I found this linke with regards to gun banning in France. Aparantly the black market is flooding the market with full auto weapons. Most of their restrictive gun laws have been in place since the 30's for the threat of a NAZI uprising.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c2

I think outlawing high capacity mags, wait period for AR's would be an acceptable compromise. Either way legislation will happen. Weather or not it gets voted on is a different story.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #20
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
I think outlawing high capacity mags, wait period for AR's would be an acceptable compromise. .
I think something like this will happen. I always hear the argument "why do you NEED 30 rounds"... So I could see a hi cap mag ban to please the anti gunners. But that doesnt change the fact that there are TONS of "hi cap" mag already out on the "streets"...

look at california, they have a 10 round limit on their mags. they can buy a 30 round mag but it has to be converted to only accept 10... if someone wants they can just change it to accept 30 again and the law is useless.

Closed Thread