Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Assault weapon ban?

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Assault weapon ban?

How realistic is that it will take place?

Should I join the gun buying craze and get an assault rifle now before its too late?

How long it will actually take before a bill like this can become a law?

All I would like to pick up is an AK47 with folding stock... Don't understand the AR15 craze...

Ak47 because;

- reiable
- 7.62x39 rounds are much more powerfull than .223.
- folding stock for maneuverability

Yes some of you will say that AR15 is more accurate... Well home defense wont be long distance firefight...lol

Old 12-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
The ban is slated to go into effect more than likely after the new year. Basicaly everything will be california compliant such as collapsible and folding stocks and hi cap mags.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
The ban is slated to go into effect more than likely after the new year. Basicaly everything will be california compliant such as collapsible and folding stocks and hi cap mags.
Any proof on that/ Links, etc... ??

Old 12-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what you are using it for. An AR/AK is a terrible choice for home defense, too big, too bulky. Use a pistol with an extended mag.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Depends on what you are using it for. An AR/AK is a terrible choice for home defense, too big, too bulky. Use a pistol with an extended mag.
I already have Taurus 24/7 Pro in .40 holds 15+1... I would like to have an AK too though... But if the ban takes effect so soon, I might be screwed christmas drains the wallet, excuse me my wife's christmas shopping drains my wallet

Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
No proof yet but the task force is formed and everybody stopping sales should be a clue that this is serious and if you want a pre ban mag or weapon now be the time.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
No proof yet but the task force is formed and everybody stopping sales should be a clue that this is serious and if you want a pre ban mag or weapon now be the time.
Damn it time to hit the next gun show

Old 12-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
If you want it for enthusiast purposes then by all means buy away lol.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Do you "need" a AR? I only have use for one on deployments. The rest of the time a handgun fits the bill.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RedTaco View Post
Damn it time to hit the next gun show
Not "everybody" has stopped sales, just a few of the big name stores. Just about everyone else is sold out of AR's

Old 12-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
This is purely my opinion but I think when the dust settles, even with whatever changes are made, you'll still be able to buy an AR or an AK. There might be another step in the process installed along the way but I think you'll still be able to get ahold of them and that is why I have not joined the craze. Again, just an opinion.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #12

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
I do yes, i use mine here in north tx to hunt hogs because of capacity and vesatility. Its my all around firearm that i grab the most. Not only that it looks badass!

Old 12-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #13
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
Do you "need" a AR? I only have use for one on deployments. The rest of the time a handgun fits the bill.
True... Maybe I should just look for a nice laser/flashlight combo for my .40. The .40 has very good stopping power and is more than sufficient for self defense.

I would still like to have an AK for enthusiastic purposes, but might hold off and see what happens... i bet prices are going up every minute now...

Old 12-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
IMHO, I think this is the best home defense soultion...

I shoot quite a bit and in very controlled conditions a handgun is an accurate weapon. But, add in adrenaline, fear, night time or darkness, and it changes drastically. With a shotgun, you just gotta be close to your target.

Again, just my opinion...

Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #15
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
IMHO, I think this is the best home defense soultion...

I shoot quite a bit and in very controlled conditions a handgun is an accurate weapon. But, add in adrenaline, fear, night time or darkness, and it changes drastically. With a shotgun, you just gotta be close to your target.

Again, just my opinion...
I have a *cough* 4/10 pistol *cough* that I keep handy as well. I will agree with you on the one lol.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #16
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
If there is a ban, would an M1A fall under that category? I've always wanted a scout squad more than an AR.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #17

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Yep

Old 12-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #18
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Its all speculation right now. No one knows anything with 100% certainty.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Its all speculation right now. No one knows anything with 100% certainty.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #20
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
I am sure that I will get some flak for this, but I have to admit, I see no reason that anyone would actually NEED such a high capacity firearm. Don't get me wrong, I am a STAUNCH supporter of our right to bear arms, but there has to be a limit somewhere. It's just my opinion of course.

And the thought of using an AK or similar weapon for home defense? Seriously? I would be more worried about a round going through a wall and hitting an innocent family member. I had a XD-40 that was just fine, and my wife had her shotgun. We were fine. For those who will say that both of those would go through a wall as well, it depends on the rounds that you use. The XD-40 was loaded with Glaser rounds, and the shotgun had #6 birdshot.

Closed Thread