LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Remington ghost fire

Old 12-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #21
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i'd get that rifle fixed..or disable it. hate to see someone unknowingly run it thru the paces someone gets hurt.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #22
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Something tells me it's an axis, not quite sure what though

Hey get bent!

I'm on my phone and its hard to read the tiny words
Old 12-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #23
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by youradhere View Post
I think the trigger problem you're thinking of is with the X-40 trigger group (later replaced with the X-mark pro after a news expose).

If I remember correctly though, the poeple having problems with the x-40 trigger group were tampering with it to get a lower break... i've had a ghost fire with my 700 x-40 tg, but it was my own fault after trying to tamper with the trigger (lesson learned). At the factory break weight, i never had any issues

The 12ga auto doesn't use the same trigger group-- you should not have any problems there.
Thank you sir. The bdl is early 70's.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #24
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i'd get that rifle fixed..or disable it. hate to see someone unknowingly run it thru the paces someone gets hurt.
It's disassembled in gun safe with cable lock. Only I know combo.

I want to get it fixed. It might be worth a try to get Remington to do it ,free?
Old 12-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #25
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
What kind of animal is that?
It's an axis. Free to shoot 24/7/365.
Not big on antlers but was good amount of meat. Bullet didn't exit,blew out his ribs instead.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #26
dont tread on me!

Now here's some antlers!!

Remington ghost fire-uploadfromtaptalk1356562686636.jpg
Remington ghost fire-uploadfromtaptalk1356562731252.jpg
Old 12-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #28
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
slamfest!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #29
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
It's disassembled in gun safe with cable lock. Only I know combo.

I want to get it fixed. It might be worth a try to get Remington to do it ,free?
Be careful what you wish for.. My dad had a Ruger 10-22 that he sent back to get "fixed"..they sent it back with the updated trigger, which was worse then when he sent it in. He shortly after sold that gun.

How was the ammo that you were using, OP?
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #30
dont tread on me!

It was a season old box stored indoors.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #31
dont tread on me!

More meat in the freezer with 30/30. Loving this new rifle.
Remington ghost fire-uploadfromtaptalk1356921329422.jpg
Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #32
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Nice axis, that the only deer we have here on Maui so it's all I get to shoot.

Look on Remington's web site, they have a video response to the 60 minutes episode, may be worth watching. My favorite axis rifle is my 1960 something model 700adl in .308

Keep pounding them axis buddy.
Aloha
Old 01-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #33
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Don't want to read though the whole thread. But send the gun to Remington they will put a new trigger on for like 10? They clean your gun as well. Also look up on YouTube how to adjust trigger. If you adjust the trigger correctly your gun will fire like it should.

Me and the old man have the old 700s. I have a 25.06 he has the 30.06 I just checked my trigger. He sent his in through ups. Ill have to ask him how much he paid.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #34
dont tread on me!

Thanks man. Going off when I lower the bolt isn't cool. I'll check video.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #35
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
No problem. You ever see this problem on tv? Turns out the guy tampered/adjusted the trigger but did so incorrectly video explains that as well. Somehow maybe your trigger adjusted itself (maybe from firing). I would check the video I would just type in "Remington 700 trigger job" (think that's what I did). If you still have a problem or feel unsafe etc. I would call and send to Remington. Wooo woooop
Old 01-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #36
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkx2fiddy View Post
No problem. You ever see this problem on tv? Turns out the guy tampered/adjusted the trigger but did so incorrectly video explains that as well. Somehow maybe your trigger adjusted itself (maybe from firing). I would check the video I would just type in "Remington 700 trigger job" (think that's what I did). If you still have a problem or feel unsafe etc. I would call and send to Remington. Wooo woooop
Right on,thanks. For now , the 30/30 is knocking the Hell out of the axis