Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

New gun ideas

Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice
Navy:
2009tacomav6's Tacoma Gallery
sweet the 700 is always a good choice. Last I heard the newer models were using timy trigger groups in them.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
So what are these timy triggers that you mentioned not sure what they are? Havent spent a whole bunch of readin into the remington but the T/C was what I was first lookin at then A friend mentioned the Remington now I like it too. To many choices and not enough BLING.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
The Remmy has more aftermarket and more barrel options and can be made to shoot extremely well.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:02 AM   #5
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Don't you mean T/C has more options?
I have had a number of T/C's all of them impressive. I am working on one now with a custom .308 barrel. With so many barrel options even wildcats, and stock set up's the sky is the limit.

I have not been a fan of the newer Remingtons just like Winchesters, to many things have changed unless you want to drop a pretty penny.

Check out everything then make the call, to check on some T/C stuff, look up E. Authur Brown.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
I am not to impressed with the Flex Tec stock, Bell and Carlson makes a better one in my book.
I have the Encore receiver in full camo, did a trigger job and added new springs. The barrel is a med/heavy taper, bead blasted S.S. Not a bench gun, but still a little heavy to swing in the woods.
Had them cut the chamber to make it a tight .308, since I will be reploading for it, I will have control over case length.
All's you really need is the receiver then you build it the way you like, I tried the thumbhole stock, since I have one on my Knight. Didn't like it, the T/C stocks are good but need more meat. B&C stocks are close to the same price, a little more weight but for me the feel is better.
I am still working on a base for the scope, can't make up my mind and don't want to add a cheap Alum. one. Leupold and Burris are good choices, but a little to much metal sticking up. I am looking into a guy to cut me some bar stock and make my own base. But still need to work up the specs.
It is a gun system that all's you need to do is switch out a barrel and you are good to go on what ever you want to shoot. I have a couple of other shops that deal with Encore's and custom work. I need to find them but will post them later.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #9
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco084gb View Post
So what are these timy triggers that you mentioned not sure what they are?
Im guessing hes talking about Timmeny Triggers. If so I would be surprised if Remington is putting these trigger groups in their 700's. They are very, very nice aftermarket trigger groups.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
They are very, very nice aftermarket trigger groups.
Yes they are! I have one on my AR. A sweet crisp 3# single stage pull, with NO creep, and 1/8" reset.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Now the remmy that Im lookin at has an adjustable trigger from1-1/2# to 3-1/2# so this should be good right but not sure how this is comparing to the Timmeny triggers though.
Also the length of the barrel is 20" does this make a difference as to the 22" or the 26" barrell with the same twist which is 1 in 12".
Old 01-31-2009, 01:39 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
the rem. 700 is a sweet shooter...........but go with the t/c man!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 01:46 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So what are your thoughts on the T/C over the Remmy tacoman?
well.......i have always liked remington shotguns and rifles, but it seems to me that out of the box.....gotta do too much work to get the newer rifles to shoot good/accurate. with the t/c's,out of the box, they already shoot great, and they they are built fantastically. as a matter of fact, and im a cva black powder guy myself............i am looking at a t/c contender or omega inline for this upcoming season. i haver shot them before.........and they are nice!
Old 01-31-2009, 03:45 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
O gotta say, go with the 700. Much more accurate out of the box than the TC. Most of the Remmy's that have needed work are the less expensive models. The 700 is a bench mark rifle.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:21 PM   #17
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Also the length of the barrel is 20" does this make a difference as to the 22" or the 26" barrell with the same twist which is 1 in 12".
The general rule is the longer the barrel the greater the velocity you (or the bullet, actually) will achieve.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:24 PM   #18
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
id say go with the 700, but heres my next rifle...
http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/fi...21&mid=FNM0134
Old 01-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #19

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
O gotta say, go with the 700. Much more accurate out of the box than the TC. Most of the Remmy's that have needed work are the less expensive models. The 700 is a bench mark rifle.
Gotta agree there. I love mine (700 VS LH). Cant stop pimpin' it.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #20
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
A while back I picked up a Rem 700 in the VTR version in 223. It cost a lot less than th XTR, and is a light weight, compact, accurate rifle. While it does not have the fancy trigger, the one that came on the gun was very decent and I've shot some good groups with the gun using el cheapo PMC 55gr FMJ ammo and plan to do some experimenting with some heavier moly-coated bullet reloads. The twist is 1-9, so ought to be quick enough to stabilize bullets up to roughly 75 grainers, and might even work with 80s. We'll soon see.....