Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Rust on stainless rail

Old 12-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Rust on stainless rail

Well, from what I've read, Springfield uses a lower grade stainless steel on their guns and I have one that formed a little. I traded a Bowflex for a Springfield XDm 40. It has a stainless steel rail and I am guessing the guy didn't oil it often OR it formed rust from sitting in the box.

Anyone know how to rid these rust spots? They are light, but they're there. I've tried No.9 solvent, a steel wire brush, and I've even tried Bar Keepers Friend. None have done the job. The steel brush looked like it worked until I wiped it, then the spots were still there. It doesn't affect the gun, but does affect the value.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Brasso...lmao.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kala View Post
Brasso...lmao.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Ive used motor oil to keep it from rusting and brasso to polish it up. Back when I worked on a ranch/sanctuary, i'd brasso the heck out of anything including making trash cans into mirrors. An excoworker of mine used to smoke rocks and polish his gun with that same stuff.