Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Glimpse at new U.S. gun ban legislation...

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Glimpse at new U.S. gun ban legislation...

Fresh off the press...

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...2-ac8ca4359119

Text:

Summary of 2013 Feinstein Assault Weapons Legislation

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
-120 specifically-named firearms
-Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
-Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
-Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
-Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
-Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans

Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
-Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
-Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
-Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
-Background check of owner and any transferee;
-Type and serial number of the firearm;
-Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
-Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
-Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
it is not another gun ban, it is modification to the existing law

same old ban of specific weapons, just tighter

and there is really no ban on guns. anyone without a criminal history or certain health issues
can still own firearms.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
honestly, the gun ban thing makes me sick. but, this law seems like its in the middle of both sides. not completely fucking our rights, but only somewhat.
doesnt seem like its too bad.....

Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
This is not looking good at all. I really hope none of that gets passed.!

Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck That ,,,,,,,Please do not send any one who has kids to my door to get my guns!!

Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
honestly, the gun ban thing makes me sick. but, this law seems like its in the middle of both sides. not completely fucking our rights, but only somewhat.
doesnt seem like its too bad.....

well, it is stupid and smart at the same time....

if there were NO guns, psychos would still snap and find ways to kill people.

a nutbag in China mowed down a group of kids with a motor vehicle, no guns
allowed there

---
and even if they regulated us to single shot bolt-action, you can still
rapid fire those suckers (not as fast as a magazine, but with practice, you
can still reload quickly)

Oh well....

Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Isnt this just one of the many bills on the table?

Old 12-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
Isnt this just one of the many bills on the table?
It's just the first one of which I have seen some specifics. And it is by one of the usual suspects.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Say you have a bag with 30 rocks in it, and you throw those 30 rocks at people.

Now, say you have 3 bags with 10 rocks each, and you throw those rocks at people.

Which rocks hurt more?

People are stupid. Deuces, U.S. I'm moving to Casablanca

Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #11
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
I am all about our 2nd amendment and I am a gun owner myself and son in law of a gunsmith - but in all reality, why does anyone need large capacity magazine?

In PA we have to have plugs in our pump actions, has this bothered anyone?

Edit - everyone needs to relax, just playing devils advocate. Wackos

Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
It takes seconds to reload to a different clip and clips can easily be modified back to full capacity or bought from other states. Last time I checked, they don't ask ID for clip purchases from other states.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery

I can live with all of it but this right here,,, Stay out of my life & my house......

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
-Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
frankenfinesteen here is 2 votes for you

Old 12-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post

I can live with all of it but this right here,,, Stay out of my life & my house......

frankenfinesteen here is 2 votes for you

Agreed 100%

Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #17
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
I am all about our 2nd amendment and I am a gun owner myself and son in law of a gunsmith - but in all reality, why does anyone need large capacity clips?

I'm not really sure on PA laws, but in CA, you only have to have a plug in your shotgun when hunting, under any other circumstances it's not illegal to have the plug out...

As far as, why does anybody "need" large capacity magazines? That's a difficult question to answer... It's in the same realm as, why would any one need cruise control on their car? If a person wants to maintain a speed, they could quite easily control that with the gas pedal. If a person goes crazy and wants to plow through a crowd of people, cruise control might make their rampage easier to accomplish. Should we ban cruise control? The majority, and I mean HUGE majority of people that posses and use their cruise control, use it only for convenience and ease of maintaining a certain speed.

If a psychopath wants to shoot 120 rounds into a group of people, they're going to do it regardless of weather it's in a 120 round drum, 4 - 30 rnd mags, 6 - 20 rnd mags, or 12 - 10 rnd mags.

Banning certain magazines will not alleviate the problem, so why waste taxpayer money?

Old 12-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #18
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am all about our 2nd amendment and I am a gun owner myself and son in law of a gunsmith - but in all reality, why does anyone need large capacity clips?

my reason for hi-cap magazines, we don't need them BUT, it's america, america was built around common people having freedom.
being told we can have this and not that IS NOT freedom.

in CA we're limited to 10 rounds in all guns,except weapons with tube magazines, and yes, it bothers me a lot.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #19
nomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trevor
nomad_archer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Errrr ummm not quite. You need to have a plug in a shot gun to hunt turkeys and small game. Outside of that for deer its as many as you can fit in there my 30-06 pump takes 5 my slug gun 5 but those are rules for firearms used during hunting. If Im not using it for hunting I could get a mag extender for my shotgun and fit 10 rounds in there. In PA there is no "ban" or laws limiting the types of firearms or mag capacities except when using a firearm for hunting.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #20
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
We cannot allow fear as propagated by Liberal Media to disarm our Constitutional Rights.

Closed Thread