Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Firearm BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #2181
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Attachment 272043

Well anyways here's my new m&p had it for a month now. Not bad... Different feel to my glocks. Definitely going with the apex trigger.

Kinda wish I paid 150 more to get the CORE.
Quote:
Ah, that's true. Ill buy the 10-8 base plates then when they come back in stock.
Apex triggers. 10-8 base plates. Extractor upgrade. Rod/spring kit. Super glue. Why not just buy a Glock? I'm sure the M&P leg humpers will bash this statement but I just don't get it. Maybe because I like simple, inexpensive things that just work w/o additional fuss. My M&P's all just collect dust because I can't find anything they do better than my Glocks that makes me reach for them instead.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #2182
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Seating a magazine home with a firm & position motion is never a bad thing... unless you have inferior magazines. This is the best way to assure that your magazine is properly engaged and if you have a malf the 'tap, rack, bang!' philosophy backs this practice up. You don't want to worry about being 'too aggressive' in times of stress as you likely will be default anyway.
Yep, all our magazines are factory.
I have to admit, TRB drills are pretty fun, especially when someone else loads the mags so you don't know when a malfunction will happen.

Quote:
My M&P's all just collect dust because I can't find anything they do better than my Glocks that makes me reach for them instead.
Just me personally, but the M&P fits my hand much better than a glock, and I shoot it much better.
If I were to get a glock I'd get a G19, surprisingly comfortable for the size.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #2183
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Apex triggers. 10-8 base plates. Extractor upgrade. Rod/spring kit. Super glue. Why not just buy a Glock? I'm sure the M&P leg humpers will bash this statement but I just don't get it. Maybe because I like simple, inexpensive things that just work w/o additional fuss. My M&P's all just collect dust because I can't find anything they do better than my Glocks that makes me reach for them instead.
I have 3 glocks... A fde 23 with a 9mm barrel. A od g17 and a black 19. Had a 22c but didn't care for the ports so I sold it.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:53 PM   #2184
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Yep, all our magazines are factory.
I have to admit, TRB drills are pretty fun, especially when someone else loads the mags so you don't know when a malfunction will happen.
I run factory mags in just about everything and if the factory magazine isn't reliable then I likely don't own any of their guns. I use Pmags in my AR15's & AR10's exclusively however and in my AK platforms I generally run US Palms. 1911's get Wilson Combat or Chip McCormick as most others I've used don't perform good enough for me. That's most of the popular items I shoot anyway. Bottom line is if it takes a prorietary magazine that's expensive and/or unreliable I likely won't own the weapon for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Just me personally, but the M&P fits my hand much better than a glock, and I shoot it much better.
Shooting it better is one thing but I think people put WAY too much weight in how a gun 'feels' because with practice just about anything will start to feel better eventually. There are for more important factors to consider especially if it's going to be a weapon you potentially use for SD someday. I've could go on all day on this subject however and most of my experience is counter to what you hear at gun shops so it tends to get people all riled up and wanting to argue with me so I mostly keep my experiences to myself these days. It's just easier that way.

On your G19 point... the G19 might just be the best defense handgun on the face of the earth right out of the box. I know lots of long-time shooters who agree with that statement too.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:56 PM   #2185
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
I have 3 glocks... A fde 23 with a 9mm barrel. A od g17 and a black 19. Had a 22c but didn't care for the ports so I sold it.
Good call on selling that 22c for multiple reasons man. Never understood why ANYONE would own one of the ones with ports. They're pointless. The flash signature is absurd, especially when shooting in low-light conditions, and causes your eyes to lose their focus on target and the front sight will get mucked up within a few rounds with most ammo. With training and the right caliber muzzle rise is very easy to control and follow up shots come plenty quick enough.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:28 AM   #2186
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have a 1911 holster they like?
gonna pick up a belt of my own, with some HSGI tacos, but I'm new to the market for holsters
Old 05-13-2014, 02:37 AM   #2187
cur is on a distinguished road
cur's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any of the Chiappa guns? I am looking at the rino 357 nice gun,diffrent design. I have never heard of this company until I saw this gun. I think I am going to purchase.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:45 AM   #2188
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Me too. After years of carrying and shooting a G19, I traded another gun for an M&P 45. I'm good with the Glock, but the M&P is like an extension of the hand for me, and it puts the bullets where I'm looking without really trying. I recently picked up an M&P 9 to replace the 19 for everyday carry, so the Glock will be seeing lots of safe time from now on. Nothing against them, I just never shot it really well because it simply didn't fit me and I had to fight it every time I was at the range.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #2189
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
Any Sig P239 owners here? Looking to pick one up as a new carry gun.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #2191
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
gonna pick up a belt of my own, with some HSGI tacos, but I'm new to the market for holsters
Other than a kydex I like the safariland sls holsters
Old 05-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #2192
BobReck is a name known to allBobReck is a name known to allBobReck is a name known to allBobReck is a name known to allBobReck is a name known to allBobReck is a name known to all

Name: Bob
BobReck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I really like my Blackhawk polymer holster. But if you're looking for something to conceal carry, it would not be a very good choice.

Bob
Old 05-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #2193
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobReck View Post
I really like my Blackhawk polymer holster. But if you're looking for something to conceal carry, it would not be a very good choice.

Bob
Great point. I guess I when I posted that I wasn't thinking anyone had designs on concealing a full size 1911. Are you planning to try to conceal carry this or is this more for open carry/competition type use?
Old 05-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #2194
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Desantis IMB holster that came with my 1911 when I bought it. It's nice but the firearm is too big for me to reasonably conceal unless it's the dead of winter and I'm layered up.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #2195
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I have a Desantis IMB holster that came with my 1911 when I bought it. It's nice but the firearm is too big for me to reasonably conceal unless it's the dead of winter and I'm layered up.
Don't me wrong, it can be done and I'm a larger fella so I can conceal larger frame firearms than most (especially in the winters of Colorado) it's just not ideal. Even if you can conceal the shape it's needlessly heavy. Sure you can conceal a full-size 1911 (I've done it) but there are better choices for this use.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #2196
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't me wrong, it can be done and I'm a larger fella so I can conceal larger frame firearms than most (especially in the winters of Colorado) it's just not ideal. Even if you can conceal the shape it's needlessly heavy. Sure you can conceal a full-size 1911 (I've done it) but there are better choices for this use.
I agree. I'm not an overly large framed fella so the only way I can conceal a 1911 is with a heavy coat. I actually kept the holster because it makes it easier to store in my safe. I really have no intention of ever carrying it, too big for me unless it's an open carry.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #2197
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Other than a kydex I like the safariland sls holsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobReck View Post

Bob
ill take a look into these, thanks guys.

I was looking into kydex, but am pretty open to...whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
inside the waistband? or outside the waistband?
outside

we can't CCW
Old 05-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #2198
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
see my above pic if you want leather.. cabellas sells them.. not a bad price.. very nice quality.. and I like that the strap goes inbetween the hammer and the gun.. one flick of the thumb as I draw and its off
Personally, I prefer compression retention like you find in a Kydex holster versus a thumb break.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #2199
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a good price for a good condition used Glock 21?
Old 05-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #2200
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Whats a good price for a good condition used Glock 21?
350-400 I'd say depending on gen/condition

Products Discussed in this Thread