Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Firearm BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #2181
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcape View Post
I think it would be much better if we didn't need permission from any state or the Feds to CCW. Reciprocity issue would be solved.

Bob
that would be cool too, unlikely, but a cool idea anyway
Old 05-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #2182
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
Yeah.. i still dont see why everybody cant put their heads together and make one set of rules for everybody, then modify them as needed rather than have every single state with different rules...
Should apply the same to gasoline. But each state considers itself "unique" and mandates whatever mixes their 'experts' deem necessary for our own good.
Yeah, there are subtle differences but not enough to make a wholesale change over. Sure would ease the pricing disparities.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #2183
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...-reminder.html
Old 05-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #2184
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Yes please. Discussion of laws/legalities seems to be tolerated (which I appreciate as it helps keep us all on the right side of the law) but let's not get threads locked with rants and anti-whatever rhetoric.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #2185
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm anti anti gun laws... Does that count?
Old 05-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #2186
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i figured there was probably something said about that, didn't realize this thread was in its own category though
Old 05-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #2187
TieDie
Tiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the rough

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have or shot a zastava c999 compact. What do you think?
Old 05-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #2189
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
A while back I picked up a Mossberg 500 "Turkey Thugs" edition. I have since modded it with an 18" barrel, 5+1 mag, pistol grip and stock, and heat shield. However, on the side next to the ejection port it says in a goldish color "Turkey Thugs." Anyone know of way to remove the lettering without scratching the housing? Just thought I'd ask in here before I try anything and end up scratching it all up.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #2190
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
A while back I picked up a Mossberg 500 "Turkey Thugs" edition. I have since modded it with an 18" barrel, 5+1 mag, pistol grip and stock, and heat shield. However, on the side next to the ejection port it says in a goldish color "Turkey Thugs." Anyone know of way to remove the lettering without scratching the housing? Just thought I'd ask in here before I try anything and end up scratching it all up.
1. Use table salt and a slightly dampened rag. Use the rag to grind the salt in, sort of like sand paper, but less abrasive. Woe it clean with a fresh rag or rinse well the one you have been using, and oil the gun. Salt water plus metal means rust.
2. Get a dremmel with the cotton like pad and try buffing it off.
3. Get advice from somebody who knows what they are doing.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:12 PM   #2191
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post

BFH works for everything.

On a real note though, try brake cleaner or acetone though it may take off the camouflage if you have any.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:01 AM   #2192
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
BFH works for everything.

On a real note though, try brake cleaner or acetone though it may take off the camouflage if you have any.
I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:33 AM   #2193
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Try to acetone or brake clean on a small inconspicuous spot first to see if it will mess up your finish before trying
Old 05-05-2014, 01:09 PM   #2194

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
Try to acetone or brake clean on a small inconspicuous spot first to see if it will mess up your finish before trying
Rog
Old 05-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #2195
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
So I have a few hundred that I can spend and don't know what to spend it on, here's my list. Any thoughts/criticisms/opinions?
1. sliders for truck
2. S&W M&P 40 pro (5'' barrel)
3. Hoyt Ignite bow package
4. 300 BLK upper parts
5. Misc. AR parts (open to advice)
Old 05-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #2196

Guns or gun parts are always a good answer

Anyways, check out what I put on lay away, should hopefully have I in the next couple weeks

Interarms ppks .380, and it Comes with a nice safari land holster and 2 mags

Also just ordered these zebra wood grips for my cz82

Old 05-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #2197
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
So I have a few hundred that I can spend and don't know what to spend it on, here's my list. Any thoughts/criticisms/opinions?
1. sliders for truck
4. 300 BLK upper parts
how much are you actually gonna use each of those things?
Old 05-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #2198
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1. sliders for truck
4. 300 BLK upper parts
Quote:
how much are you actually gonna use each of those things?
This is a good point. What will you get the best use out of?

Before being completely sold on the MP40, check out Walther PPQ 40. It also has a 5" barrel available. I have the MP9 with 4.25" barrel, and PPQ 40 with 4" barrel, and the grip on the PPQ feels more natural to me. While S&W is a great name, Walther is just as high on quality.

I also need sliders for my truck, so the need for that is understandable.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #2199
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1. sliders for truck
4. 300 BLK upper parts
since you already have guns, I'd focus on your truck first.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #2200
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the market for a Beretta A400 Unico with the Kick Off System. Needs to be a 12ga and take 3.5 shells. Looking to spend around $1600 old. My dad already has the A400 Xplor Light and I love that, but I want to have something I can use for ducks. I tried looking on gun broker but didn't find much, do you guys recommend any other sites. Need it soon to go hunting down in Mexico next season, I have to have it registered by mid June.

Products Discussed in this Thread