Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Firearm BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #381
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
I say go for it. You might get some info or inspiration here.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=317395
I was actually thinking about that exact trigger, but put a pivot in the middle of the trigger like a sea saw and an electronic switch on each side so rather than having to reset the trigger I just have to pull the top trigger if that makes sense, or put light springs to keep it from hitting each one.

heck, I could make it a bull pup and do that
Old 04-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #382
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I was actually thinking about that exact trigger, but put a pivot in the middle of the trigger like a sea saw and an electronic switch on each side so rather than having to reset the trigger I just have to pull the top trigger if that makes sense, or put light springs to keep it from hitting each one.

heck, I could make it a bull pup and do that

Interesting but make sure you do not cross the line of NFA rules for trigger manipulation.
I think the powers that be just baned the old crank trigger operation deal that was very popular.
Best of luck on the project and make sure you are not breaking the rules
Old 04-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #383
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Interesting but make sure you do not cross the line of NFA rules for trigger manipulation.
I think the powers that be just baned the old crank trigger operation deal that was very popular.
Best of luck on the project and make sure you are not breaking the rules
last I heard the cranks are not banned, what I am talking about is basically have 2 triggers that will each set off one round, it is just attached to a center pivot in a way that if one is fired, the other cannot fire until the first is released, so it will still only fire once per trigger pull, so there should be any difference. If it could be made as sensitive as some of the paintball triggers, you could easily get more than 10 rounds per second or so
Old 04-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #384
cKcs1 has a spectacular aura aboutcKcs1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jameson
cKcs1's Tacoma Gallery
me and a friend took up hydro dipping, doing small things for friends and others to make side $ and its pretty cool to turn a normal gun into something one off!

here is a high point 380 in marble transparent film. Done a 2 tone paint job.

and here is a 270 stock in transparent skull film
Old 04-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #385
shutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cameron
shutterbug's Tacoma Gallery
My stress relief... I did the heggis spring flip, installed over travel screw and threaded my barrel at the machine shop and made the compensator to fit flush... shoots pretty good

Next project
Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #386
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
last I heard the cranks are not banned, what I am talking about is basically have 2 triggers that will each set off one round, it is just attached to a center pivot in a way that if one is fired, the other cannot fire until the first is released, so it will still only fire once per trigger pull, so there should be any difference. If it could be made as sensitive as some of the paintball triggers, you could easily get more than 10 rounds per second or so
I love the idea of this, but I have a feeling that no matter how hard you try, if an authority were to look at that gun that you modify they'll find something wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this to be done and if you do it post pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 04-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #387
Ammo Toad
Ammo Toad is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Ammo Troop & Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Toad
Ammo Toad's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a diehard fan of the ultra concealable Rohrbaugh R9, 9mm. Ultra dependable too. many to choose from, but this is my go-to carry piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Firearm BS thread-dscn2687.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #388
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo Toad View Post
I'm a diehard fan of the ultra concealable Rohrbaugh R9, 9mm. Ultra dependable too. many to choose from, but this is my go-to carry piece.
Sweet gun. I always wanted one, but I carry everyday and at work. I would shed a tear if I put that gun through the abuse I put my keltec through. I routinely have to clean my keltec to keep the rust off. --I work the beach sometimes and do ATV patrol and the sand gets everywhere. I can get 3 Keltecs for the price of one Rohrbaugh.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #389

so, has anyone heard about the .22 TCM? apparently it is a .223 that has been shortened a lot. first time I saw it was in a 1911 format, apparently R made by Rock Island.

I haven't seen them in person, but after reading about them, I am intrigued

Old 04-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #390
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
If you love the 5.7x28mm but always wanted it in a 1911, the 22 TCM is your answer. You're dealing with the same issues a lot of wildcats face though - limited ammo and brass, limited bullet selection and limited shooting platforms. Life's too short - shoot what you want.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #392

Quote:
If you love the 5.7x28mm but always wanted it in a 1911, the 22 TCM is your answer. You're dealing with the same issues a lot of wildcats face though - limited ammo and brass, limited bullet selection and limited shooting platforms. Life's too short - shoot what you want.
Seems like you could make the brass from .223 if you are a reloader. It sounds like a fun cartridge. Maybe someday I'll manage to get one
Old 04-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #393
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Got the barrel, forend, and magizine cap dipped last night. Came out pretty good! This stuff is not easy to work with for sure! I ran out of film so I ordered more to finish up the stock/receiver.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #394
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Desert Eagle at work, dwarfing my moderately sized man hands.

Bulk 5.56 that I wasn't allowed to buy.

My newest addition, S&W M&P Shield 40.

Finally was able to find some military grade 00 Buck to go with the Remington Sabot hollow point slugs.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #395
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
that mil grade buckshot is great stuff. its whats in my 870 bedside gun Black Betty.
that des eagle is pretty sweet.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #396
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not sure how that Winchester stuff stacks up to Federal Personal Defense, but I won't ever buy anything else again.

http://armsblog.wordpress.com/2012/0...ttern-testing/
Old 04-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #397
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Not sure how that Winchester stuff stacks up to Federal Personal Defense, but I won't ever buy anything else again.

http://armsblog.wordpress.com/2012/0...ttern-testing/
Are you referring to the mil grade buckshot? Is that what he shot in the test?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Are you referring to the mil grade buckshot? Is that what he shot in the test?
I didn't have any of the mil buckshot for the test, but I've heard that the grex buffering makes it spread relatively quickly. I was referring to the Federal stuff, which patterns like a laser through my shotgun.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #399
Bad Spuller

^ got it. Gonna check your blog out some more. Thanks for sharing info.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #400

Here is one for ya, I've been picking up range brass and found some odd primer strikes, looks almost like a square it seems like. Any ideas on what guns do this?

Products Discussed in this Thread