LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Firearm BS thread

Old 05-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #441
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
got my cheapo light in for my shotty. Not bad for $25, I mainly wanted it for the mount

Old 05-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #442
Pirate
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Link!?
Old 05-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #443
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=390585718337
Old 05-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #444
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I didn't realize it wasn't the current kimber lol.

If I had the cash, I would get one of the "rusty" ones from the CMP, I've seen most people get one that look great.
Honestly mine was probably sold as a rusty, because I bought it at a gun show for $600. I don't care though - there's not a spec of rust on it and I got to hand-select it from 2 on the table. Mine ha a much straighter grain with no knots or sapwood.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #445
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome!!

What caliber?
.50 AE
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #446
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Honestly mine was probably sold as a rusty, because I bought it at a gun show for $600. I don't care though - there's not a spec of rust on it and I got to hand-select it from 2 on the table. Mine ha a much straighter grain with no knots or sapwood.
I think they run like 500 from the CMP, but you don't know what your are getting. I will eventually get one of the kimbers and an M1 from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
.50 AE
I managed to pick up 5 rounds off the ground when I was playing brass vulture. I never realized how big of a round it was, I really want to shoot one now
Old 05-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #447
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think they run like 500 from the CMP, but you don't know what your are getting. I will eventually get one of the kimbers and an M1 from them.
Exactly, I think the rustys are $450 with no returns accepted. The non-rustys were $600 from the CMP, and since there is no dealer discount that I know of, I assume mine was sold as a rusty, otherwise the dealer made no profit. Only the Rustys are left now, but many folks are reporting zero rust on theirs, or only rust on the optical disk of the sights. I think thet're one of the best deals in the surplus market right now, and since there were only 20,000 ever built, I can't imagine they'll do anything but go up in value.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #448
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
shot my mosin nagant my wife got me for xmas for the first time today. shopping for a rubber buttstock pad now
Old 05-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #450
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was surprised to hear that Tom Knapp died recently, he was one of the shooters that always impressed me, I wish I could have managed to get to one of his shows.....it was because of him that I started hand throwing my own clays, I am up to 3 at a time now...and would have 4 if I could manage to get the plug out of my 20 gauge....(its being a pain). After seeing him shoot on youtube and tv, I tried hand throwing my targets the next time I went out shooting...
Old 05-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #452
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody looking for an Eotech XPS-3?$400

Rifle for sale too ($2000 with Eotech, $1700 without)
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...-virginia.html
Old 05-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #453
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I have a couple gently used accessories up for sale if anybody is having a hard time finding them locally, or even online.

Add $5 for shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
All items are in like new condition and black in color.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

XTM hand stop kit. $15
Description here.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

AFG2 angled fore grip 2nd gen. $30
Description here.

Midwest Industries front sling loop with HK type loop. $35
Description here.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #454
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
shot my mosin nagant my wife got me for xmas for the first time today. shopping for a rubber buttstock pad now
It's worth it! I found one on ebay for about $10
Old 05-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #455
NorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the rough
NorthWoods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
Regular Mosins are nothing, try shooting the M38 or M44 carbines. Now there's some kick!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #456

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWoods View Post
Regular Mosins are nothing, try shooting the M38 or M44 carbines. Now there's some kick!
I like heavy recoil at times....I know I'm weird, but shooting a featherweight model 70 in 30-06 is fun to me. I had a 91/30 for a while and honestly, I didn't think it kicked that much at all. I have shot one of the carbines before too, and I didn't think that was too bad either.

also, I only enjoy shooting them when I am standing....when I'm on a bench...not so much.

MY favorite things to shoot are long barrel revolver with really hot loads in them. I shoot a .45 LC ruger blackhawk with a 7.5 inch barrel and love shooting super hot loads in it
Old 05-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #457
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like heavy recoil at times....I know I'm weird, but shooting a featherweight model 70 in 30-06 is fun to me. I had a 91/30 for a while and honestly, I didn't think it kicked that much at all. I have shot one of the carbines before too, and I didn't think that was too bad either.
I was surprised how much kick the mosin had on it when I first bought it. Now it feels like nothing to me and I'd be able to shoot 200 rounds if the gun/bolt is up for the task.
I went shooting with this girl from work and her boyfriend, I had my mosin and 870. He had 2 XD's(9mm & .40) and 2 AR's. I'm over on the end of the range firing off rounds out of the mosin with ease. Both of them took one shot and were DONE with the gun.

I think this means I need something that has more kick
Old 05-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
I was surprised how much kick the mosin had on it when I first bought it. Now it feels like nothing to me and I'd be able to shoot 200 rounds if the gun/bolt is up for the task.
I went shooting with this girl from work and her boyfriend, I had my mosin and 870. He had 2 XD's(9mm & .40) and 2 AR's. I'm over on the end of the range firing off rounds out of the mosin with ease. Both of them took one shot and were DONE with the gun.

I think this means I need something that has more kick
My current favorite I don't own, an encore rifle, it was the first time I have ever been scope checked lol

Guy let me shoot it at the range, had it chambered in .500 s&w, with 400 grain (iirc) bullets...set off my truck alarm about 20 yards away from the concussion...fun gun
Old 05-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #459

I just wrapped the lever of my model 94 (old one) with paracord to see if I would like it. I like it, so I'm gonna take off the paracord and replace it with leather. My marlin is gonna get the paracord treatment though. The 94 is just too old and pretty to get paracord

And the obligatory picture of the whole gun (my buddy stole my hat and wanted this picture lol...)

Old 05-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #460
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
^ oooo nice! that is an old one! I found a 1954 one a few months back in great condition that I picked up.. great rifles!