Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Firearm BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #42
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
not bad for only owning guns for a month right?

that WAS going to be my new gun this year, but shooting clays changed that fast my mother wants her first gun this days and is very interested in either the ruger sr22 but im pushing her to look at the p22. love the feel of that little thing.
You have made some fine choices.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #43
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
So my dad just told me that he recently bought a saiga 12
pics!

Those are fuckin sweet!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #44
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Mrs. Bandit's new Walther P22

Size comparison next to my XD 9mm sub compact

She loves it... Not gonna lie... I can't wait to shoot it either!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #45
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
the super blackhawk is the epitome of a revolver, IMHO
I mean... look at this fuckin thing

10/22's are awesome
Ruger makes some fine firearms and the Blackhawk will serve you well, but this is what all are judged against. Colt SAA Gen1 .45LC

Old 01-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #46
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure2Comply View Post
Ruger makes some fine firearms and the Blackhawk will serve you well, but this is what all are judged against. Colt SAA Gen1 .45LC

mmmmmmmmm

love .44mags...i own 3
Old 01-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #47
staymates788 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: SEAN
staymates788's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I forgot I made this thread.
Not gonna polititalk about the awb

But im curious...
My m1 garand uses a en bloc clip, not a magazine
Made of wood
Clip only holds 8 rds
Non collapsible stock
Not an m14

Does it count as an assault weapon?
It was used in a helluva lot of military action..
Typically, an Assault Weapon has to have 3 things:
-Rifle Caliber
-Pistol Grip &
-Detachable Magazine

However, SMG's (Sub-Machine Guns) are pistol caliber and usually fall under this category as well since the longer barrel creates a higher velocity round. Each state is different tho.

Currently I have;

Bushmaster AR-15 .223/5.56
Remington Police 870 12 gauge
Springfield TRP Operator .45 1911
Springfield EMP 9mm 1911
FNH Five-Seven in OD Green
Snub Nose S&W .38 5-shot revolver
Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #48
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So awhile back i bought this stupid little black powder derringer kit

what a piece of fucking shit...it LOOKED easy to build...but 2.5 hours, 2 broken drill bits and 1 bleeding hand later and the stupid thing is still not put together

i'm bout ready to just finish the wood, screw it all together so it LOOKS functional and call it a damn day
Old 01-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #49
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
2x4 posting under tigers account?
i certainly feel like 2x4 except no explosions yet....yet....
Old 01-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #50
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
anybody have experience with the p99, or ppq?

and somebody recommend a decent 380? i would like answers other than bodyguard or lcp (?)
Old 01-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #51
Dutchman is on a distinguished road
Dutchman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

What do you guys recommend for upkeep of wood stocks? I have an original SFA M1 Garand and a Remington model 721 that mildew likes to attack
I know a bit about Garands but am drawing a blank as to what "SFA" stands for. Are you saying Springfield Armory? If so what serial # range is it?
The only thing to wipe on an original Garand stock is raw Linseed oil.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
anybody have experience with the p99, or ppq?

and somebody recommend a decent 380? i would like answers other than bodyguard or lcp (?)
I had a P99AS Compact in 9mm and it was a very fine pistol. I wish I had of held on to it longer.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...03&isFirearm=Y
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #53
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
last picture, for now. any one know if the 1100CT is supposed to have an engraved bolt like the standard 1100s?
so you ended up buying the 1100! nice, I wouldn't think that the average 1100 would have that engraving but I could be wrong.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #54
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
I know a bit about Garands but am drawing a blank as to what "SFA" stands for. Are you saying Springfield Armory? If so what serial # range is it?
The only thing to wipe on an original Garand stock is raw Linseed oil.
yeah, short for Springfield Armory

1,358,xxx
so it was made in feb 1943.

Has a ton of pockmarks in the stock from where (I assume) a GI back in the day pounded the clip to line the rounds up, even has drag marks from (what I also assume) being dragged while low crawling.

pretty cool, IMO

grandfather passed it down to me, along with 10+ old school ammo cans; still sealed!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #56
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Kahr P380
Diamondback 380
Colt Mustang
Sig P238
Sig P232
Old 01-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #57
Quote:
up top

Very nice collection! Passing down firearms is a tradition in my family too. My father spent his last days on this earth on Oahu. He truly loved Hawaii.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #58
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Mrs. Bandit's new Walther P22

Size comparison next to my XD 9mm sub compact

She loves it... Not gonna lie... I can't wait to shoot it either!
Shot my P22 today..love it. Going from my LC9 to my M&P9c is fun and then finishing off with the slim NO recoil of the little rimfire makes for a fun afternoon.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #59
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure2Comply View Post
I had a P99AS Compact in 9mm and it was a very fine pistol. I wish I had of held on to it longer.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...03&isFirearm=Y
cool, anything you didn't like about it? the local shops don't have walthers so are the ergos like the p22?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Kahr P380
Diamondback 380
Colt Mustang
Sig P238
Sig P232
thanks, i like the looks of the sigs.

any good 22 mag rifles, inexpensive, besides the marlin xt-22?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #60
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Shot my P22 today..love it. Going from my LC9 to my M&P9c is fun and then finishing off with the slim NO recoil of the little rimfire makes for a fun afternoon.
What brand ammo do you use for your P22? Some reviews were saying that cheap ammo was jamming up. Thanks! -Bandit

Products Discussed in this Thread