Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Firearm BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #701
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
can you not do a full return?
i could have but decide it wouldnt be worth the hassle. cant find any lead core surplus ammo right now anyway and i was wanting to stock up a bit. i dont mind sitting on them for awhile until i get a place i can shoot steel core ammo.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #702
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Got this email today from my employer. Please note that our employer forbids any and all employees to bring firearms into the office.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #703
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Got this email today from my employer. Please note that our employer forbids any and all employees to bring firearms into the office.
So they're going to show you how to bring a knife to a gun fight?
Old 10-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #705
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I'm bringing my Glock to the training seminar hahaha
Old 10-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #706
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Bought everything to refinish my 1911 in KG Gunkote today. Harbor Freight airbrush was missing the airbrush, otherwise I'd be spraying it right now.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #707
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
I'm bringing my Glock to the training seminar hahaha
I take mine everywhere there isn't metal detectors. Nobody will ever know unless something really bad happens.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #708
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
I had to sit through a state run "active shooter scenario" seminar for my old job's job training

stupidest thing ever
Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #709
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
....to teach you the proper way to stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye......?
Old 10-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #710
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Do any of you guys know of any websites that help clarify state laws? I'm trying to figure out if I can bring a rifle into a neighboring state to shoot on private land with some friends and I keep finding conflicting information If I can't figure it out, I'll just play it safe and leave them home.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #711
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
....to teach you the proper way to stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye......?
pretty much

"dont be a hero"
"Dont try to negotiate"
"Dont confront"
uhhhhhh
Old 10-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #712
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Do any of you guys know of any websites that help clarify state laws? I'm trying to figure out if I can bring a rifle into a neighboring state to shoot on private land with some friends and I keep finding conflicting information If I can't figure it out, I'll just play it safe and leave them home.
It shouldn't be a problem pending the state laws where you're going to be shooting. Hunters do it daily.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #713

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
It shouldn't be a problem pending the state laws where you're going to be shooting. Hunters do it daily.
That's the problem, one of the things I read said I can do it so long as I have a valid hunting permit (which I don't have since I won't be hunting). I just want to bring it in and go target shooting with some friends on private land. I'm in MA and going to NY so 2 states with strict and screwy gun laws.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #714
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That's the problem, one of the things I read said I can do it so long as I have a valid hunting permit (which I don't have since I won't be hunting). I just want to bring it in and go target shooting with some friends on private land. I'm in MA and going to NY so 2 states with strict and screwy gun laws.
Ewe. Good luck with all that!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #715

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ewe. Good luck with all that!
Heh, I know, right. Might have to leave them home and play with everyone elses' toys for the weekend and return the favor when they come to visit me.

EDIT: I've been doing more research on local shooting forums and I think I found the answer. NYS does not require licenses for long guns. For NY, other than the city, it seems 'firearm' refers to a handgun. There are a lot of ins and outs with NYS gun laws but it seems long guns are still able to be brought in and used for lawful purposes. This is just my research, so anyone reading wanting to do the same thing, do your own research, I'm not an expert or a lawyer.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #716
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Heh, I know, right. Might have to leave them home and play with everyone elses' toys for the weekend and return the favor when they come to visit me.

EDIT: I've been doing more research on local shooting forums and I think I found the answer. NYS does not require licenses for long guns. For NY, other than the city, it seems 'firearm' refers to a handgun. There are a lot of ins and outs with NYS gun laws but it seems long guns are still able to be brought in and used for lawful purposes. This is just my research, so anyone reading wanting to do the same thing, do your own research, I'm not an expert or a lawyer.
This is why I was saying it shouldn't be a problem. Most states have more lenient laws governing long guns since hunting rifles fall into that category. More strict states may have laws pertaining to box magazines though that would apply so be aware of that.

All that being said, if it were me I know what I would do but I don't want to encourage anyone else to break the law. I take painful steps to jump through every hoop (CCW permits in three states, multiple tax stamps, etc.) presented to me to be legal but if no hoop is presented then I revert to my constitutionalist state of mind. That's just me.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #717

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is why I was saying it shouldn't be a problem. Most states have more lenient laws governing long guns since hunting rifles fall into that category. More strict states may have laws pertaining to box magazines though that would apply so be aware of that.

All that being said, if it were me I know what I would do but I don't want to encourage anyone else to break the law. I take painful steps to jump through every hoop (CCW permits in three states, multiple tax stamps, etc.) presented to me to be legal but if no hoop is presented then I revert to my constitutionalist state of mind. That's just me.
Haha, I hear ya, and I was thinking about doing the same thing but I don't want to cause a situation for the person's land we shoot on. He's nice enough to let us shoot up his sand pit, I don't want to cause problems for him. I tend to agree with you though on the Constitutionalism (that's a word right?).
Old 10-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #718
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Haha, I hear ya, and I was thinking about doing the same thing but I don't want to cause a situation for the person's land we shoot on. He's nice enough to let us shoot up his sand pit, I don't want to cause problems for him. I tend to agree with you though on the Constitutionalism (that's a word right?).
I don't think it's a word but it didn't stop me from using it. Sounds like more of a word than the crap I hear English majors on TV use daily.

Ask yourself what would have to happen to get the land owner in trouble. I ask myself that every time I send off paperwork (picking up two more singed forms from the Sheriff as we speak) to the ATF for NFA items but I still end up doing it anyway. Grrrr
Old 10-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #719

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't think it's a word but it didn't stop me from using it. Sounds like more of a word than the crap I hear English majors on TV use daily.

Ask yourself what would have to happen to get the land owner in trouble. I ask myself that every time I send off paperwork (picking up two more singed forms from the Sheriff as we speak) to the ATF for NFA items but I still end up doing it anyway. Grrrr
I guess that was the wrong way to put it, it's not that I'm worried about the land owner getting into legal trouble, just hassled. I'm going back to where I grew up, it's a really really small town so if you get on the wrong side of the local cops, they can make your life miserable! We shoot in this guy's sandpit, which he uses for his construction company (it's one of the old, back lot pits that's no longer in service). He's nice enough to let everyone shoot back there, and we're secluded enough to where I don't think anyone would even hear us but I just don't want to have any negative experiences, just out of respect for him letting us use his land.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #720
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
I guess that was the wrong way to put it, it's not that I'm worried about the land owner getting into legal trouble, just hassled. I'm going back to where I grew up, it's a really really small town so if you get on the wrong side of the local cops, they can make your life miserable! We shoot in this guy's sandpit, which he uses for his construction company (it's one of the old, back lot pits that's no longer in service). He's nice enough to let everyone shoot back there, and we're secluded enough to where I don't think anyone would even hear us but I just don't want to have any negative experiences, just out of respect for him letting us use his land.
So if it's a smaller community where everyone knows each other your even less likely to get pinched. Like I said, what would have to happen to get into trouble.. you or him? To explain fuller, tie it back to what I said at the end of that post... what would have to happen for me to get into trouble with an NFA item that wasn't properly registered/taxed? Some ATF agent would have to happen onto private land in BFE Nebraska where I generally do a majority of my shooting and ask to see stamps? What are the odds of that happening? Or a series of unlikely events leading up to something crazy even though I haven't even been pulled over for something as simple as speeding in over a decade? The point is, what are the odds of you getting caught? If there are no hoops presented for you to legally jump through these are the questions you need to ask when making a decision. This is why countless laws are counter-intuitive because the more laws you introduce the more sane and normal people like you and me consider which ones are worthy of following or not. Sets a dangerous precedent. We need to get back to the big no no's and let the rest be and stop trying to better societal morality through over bearing legislation. I'll stop there before I get off on a whole other tangent.

Products Discussed in this Thread